Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas Avenger Blade Series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 8:48am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

shay2be, its walnut-tanne-ayous-tanne-walnut

Yogi_bear, Can you post some reviews on Adidas V1.3 ? I see it has Hinoki layer of wood and wondering how it performs especially in blocks ? 

sorry adidas didnt send me the V-series baldes since it was released more than a year ago and they have better blades now. most of the v-series blades have a mahogany outer ply and have the speed of all+ to off-
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:20am
updated with the avenger carbon and avenger 5 reviews!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:27am
Does the Avenger series come with cpen...?
And what is the head size of the Avenger cpen?
Thanks....
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:33am
yes bagung as what you can see on the pics i think it has a cpen version there. cpen dimension is 162x150mm Big smile

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:51am

yes bagung as what you can see on the pics i think it has a cpen version there. cpen dimension is 162x150mm Big smile

Thanks bro.....
I have tried FiberTec classic, and found it is too soft and too slow for my taste.. Which one you think , is stiffer and faster in Avenger series that will suit me...?

Thanks...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:57am
it would be the Avenger Carbon, its faster than the Fibertec classic but slower than the Fibertec power. I do suggest you get the fibertec power though since the avenger blades are not yet available in the market for a few months

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 7:57pm
im beginning to like the Avenger carbon. The woody feel is a big plus and the ball accuracy in placement of shots seem accurate enough. The Avenger carbon is slower than the Fiber Tec Power and Extreme  due to having a soft carbon but its still fast nonetheless. It is also a very forgiving blade.

Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 8:54pm
yogi does the adidas blades have the smooth surface of the stiga maplewood? i find the maplewood really easy to remove rubbers from
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:24pm

it would be the Avenger Carbon, its faster than the Fibertec classic but slower than the Fibertec power. I do suggest you get the fibertec power though since the avenger blades are not yet available in the market for a few months

thanks....
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

yogi does the adidas blades have the smooth surface of the stiga maplewood? i find the maplewood really easy to remove rubbers from

nope. the nct coating in stiga blades makes it a bit smooth. adidas have a thin seal on its surface liek that of the butterfly blades. its not hard to remove the rubbers though. i sealed my blades including the handles using a varnish that is colorless using a cloth instead of a brush with a single thin application because i really find the adidas blades beautiful and i dont want them to get dirty the more i use them. the varnish enhanced their colors and it never made the blade slippery or changed its playing characteristics

gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 5:36am
Even if you do not seal the blade itnis easy to get the runber out and it does not splinter in any adidas blade i have.
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
Sofaires View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sofaires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 11:42am
thanks!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

argo may i know here you got the prices? i dont think its final though
german forum

Correct: http://forum.tt-news.de/showpost.php?s=8775a3ba21e7337bb6b953c05624b059&p=2249985&postcount=4
No idea where they got them from.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 7:47pm
arg0, i have confirmed the prices posted and they are accurate when i asked adidas concerning the prices, thanks for the info

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 10:26am
the avenger 5 got tested again today. i sure though liek it. im beginning to be biased towards it than the avenger 7 because i dont play that much anymore so i needed a control set up. the 2 P5 rubbers were as expected good for spinning

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 12:50pm
 So who is the distributor for the U.S.A.? How can I get one? A big heads up to Paddlepalace perhaps. Thumbs Up.....mega nice blades!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 7:29pm
although tabletennistime.com is the official adidas distributor in the US they dont have the rubbers and blades yet in their website. i suggest you go with nexy or iruiru. these blades will be released at the end part of the year since the challenge series will be this may and june

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 8:11pm

although tabletennistime.com is the official adidas distributor in the US they dont have the rubbers and blades yet in their website. i suggest you go with nexy or iruiru. these blades will be released at the end part of the year since the challenge series will be this may and june

It is pongsquad.com

BTW how are the handles of adidas compared to butterfly? I think butterfly handles are perfect for my hand and I like the quality. 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 8:16pm
the handles are smooth but not slippery. the dimensions for the flared handle is length 100 x width 25.8~26.5~26.2~35.0 x height 25.0 mm

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:21pm
Ive finally settled with the Off- Avenger 5, instead of the 7 which is very fast and I play less during these days, the Avenger 5 was perfect together with P5's on both sides. The set up is well within the average weight acceptable for most people (not heavy nor light) and even with the 2.0mm on the fh it still packs a punch (the max P5 is in my backhand.

ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:25pm

Ive finally settled with the Off- Avenger 5, instead of the 7 which is very fast and I play less during these days, the Avenger 5 was perfect together with P5's on both sides. The set up is well within the average weight acceptable for most people (not heavy nor light) and even with the 2.0mm on the fh it still packs a punch (the max P5 is in my backhand.
Could you help weigh it, and let us now how much it weighs.
Thanks
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:30pm
the Avenger 7 that I have is 92 grams, Avenger Carbon is at 90 grams and Avenger 5 at 87 grams

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:32pm
Sorry Embarrassed, I meant the setup - Avenger 5 + P5 both sides
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:37pm
about 175 grams since on one side is 2.0mm and the other side is 2.2mm

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2012 at 8:43pm
cool, thanks Yogi_bear
barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 12:44pm
Nice review and nice blades Yogi.Clap  I´m guessing which one to purchase - Avenger 5 or Challenge Force. From review the speed should be similar, Av 5 should be a bit harder. What about control? Which one is more suited for close to do table? for slow spinny loops? which serves better? I use Rakza 7 max and Tenergy 05. Thanks
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:32pm
if you want a faster looping blade get the av5, its a bit stiff though. the challenge force is very good on slow loops.. more like the speed of an OC CR

barnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 6:13am
OK , thanks. Will go for Cahllenge force then.
Yasaka Silver All Wood, ST
FH - Rhyzm max
BH - Tenergy 05 max
gmarziou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmarziou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 9:10am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I don't understand about that "rubber positioning system".   Is it supposed to make us align the rubber better?  I think it's useless.

It works only if you use Adidas rubbers that have same 3 marks.

BBC 7-14-7 with Tenergy 64 FX 1.7mm on both sides
Darker Speed90 with Tenergy 64 FX 1.7mm on both sides
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2012 at 11:16am
I think that's a brilliant piece of marketing Clap

Those who have advanced beyond the beginner phase will know better and just ignore it, realizing that it is just a gimmick.  Those who are new to to sport and decide to purchase a blade and rubber will see the matched marks as figure Adidas rubber is designed to go on those Adidas blades and perhaps there will be more blade+rubber combo purchases as a result.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic