FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Koki niwa beats Ma Long!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 11:57am
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

excuses, excuses well if i was playing the #1 player as koki case i would be intimated but the kid is fearless he kept ma long guessing the whole match

Agree, got to give this kid credit for beating Ma long. Ma long tried his best against this kid and was outplayed.
In fact Ma long said after the game that he tried too hard during this game and this effected his mentality and performance.

Sponsored Links

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:01pm
koki hasn't been doing that great in latest tournaments....
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Ma long said after this game that due to the pressure, he did not play at his full capability. He only played at 40 or 50 % of his capability. He got too uptight during the game that he could not execute his shots properly.

See, what kind of BS line was that he was fed to say? He was too nervous, too much pressure? Got too uptight and couldn't execute his shots? He plays the best players in the world all the time and performs better in tournaments like world cup, world championships, world team championships without flinching or crumbling or getting too uptight, etc. And pressure? He had a second chance! How many tournaments do you get a second chance to win? And he did very easily. That line seals it for me that it was fixed.
dingyibvs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingyibvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:09pm
Eh, it's probably a combination of Koki Niwa playing well and Ma Long not being at his peak.  This is sports, things like this happen.  For those who follow American football, it's kinda like the Packers going undefeated all season then somehow manages to lose to the Chiefs.

Now, Koki Niwa's service and return game is SICK.  In the junior championships vs. Lin Gaoyuan he confused the Chinese youngster so much that Lin was pushing back every single service regardless of spin.  I've never seen that happen at that level of competition.  Because of this, he stands a chance in every game he plays.

As for Ma Long, it's ultimately a meaningless match.  He's not gonna play in the singles, and China can't replace him in the teams.  With his style of play, who knows if he'll get another crack when he's 28?  He'll only get one shot at it even if he does.  It must be disheartening for him to not get the opportunity when he's arguably the hardest worker on the team, all the while someone who doesn't even have the discipline to keep his weight down(Wang Hao) gets three cracks at it, and that's after failing to get gold in his first two tries.  It must be pretty disheartening for him, it'll take some pretty serious mental fortitude not to give up on the dream altogether.
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Ma long said after this game that due to the pressure, he did not play at his full capability. He only played at 40 or 50 % of his capability. He got too uptight during the game that he could not execute his shots properly.
See, what kind of BS line was that he was fed to say? He was too nervous, too much pressure? Got too uptight and couldn't execute his shots? He plays the best players in the world all the time and performs better in tournaments like world cup, world championships, world team championships without flinching or crumbling or getting too uptight, etc. And pressure? He had a second chance! How many tournaments do you get a second chance to win? And he did very easily. That line seals it for me that it was fixed.

There is A reason why Liu GL did not pick Ma long for the oplympics single, Ma long is weak mentally and can crack under the pressure of big tournament like the olympics.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:20pm
The 2 main reasons why Ma long lost this match are: he got too uptight during the match and Koki played exceptionally well.
kickass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:21pm
cancelling my order of PG7 and buying ZJK blade instead.
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:26pm

Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

There is A reason why Liu GL did not pick Ma long for the oplympics single, Ma long is weak mentally and can crack under the pressure of big tournament like the olympics.

You got it wrong. LGL didnt pick the team. The 2 players was automatically qualified as per world ranking then
All LGL did was not change them as you can only changed by injury status etc.

And I think it is stupid that you need to go into a qualification tournament to make the Teams event - especially as China's position at the top, surely some sort of automatic qualification too right? This qualification tournament should be people qualifing for singles event - not teams. Teams event can have a seperate qualifcation
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:30pm
Koki Niwa is a very good player and a huge threat to the top players in the world. What a pity he is not allowed as a number 3 singles player for Japan. He is good enough to make the singles at Olympic games, but the oppurtunity was taken away by ITTF regarding Chinese dominents.
I would be pissed if I was Koki...
Even though he is 17 years old, but what if he won't have another chance for an Olympic game? Should ITTF apologise to Koki Niwa, his friends, familes and fans then?
Sport and Politics must never co-exist!
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:31pm

The 2 main reasons why Ma long lost this match are: he got too uptight during the match and Koki played exceptionally well.

This is it exactly. Koki Niwa is a pretty great player and the level of the top players are not that far apart. All it takes is one really bad day (or just half an hour) and a really great day for the other player. It's unlikely, not impossible.

Sometimes, it seems our forum always jumps to conspiracy as the default explanation :)
Blade: BTY Zhang Jike ALC-CS

FH: BTY Tenergy 05

BH: BTY Rozena
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by kickass kickass wrote:

From your post, I can say, they are properly oversotck on ZJK blade, that is why they asked Ma Long to loose.
You know, its all marketing Tongue

Jokes, I don't believe it was a fixed game, rather Ma Long was taking it so lightly. He only really needed to be in Top 7 to achieve his goal here.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

This is it exactly. Koki Niwa is a pretty great player and the level of the top players are not that far apart. All it takes is one really bad day (or just half an hour) and a really great day for the other player. It's unlikely, not impossible.

Sometimes, it seems our forum always jumps to conspiracy as the default explanation :)

Haha ya, I know what you mean.

But I want to add, its not half an hour.
If Ma Long had gotten in those easy attacks, about 3 or 4 extra points at the critical stage. This would of been a 4 - 2 to Ma Long, or maybe into the 7th game. So yes, it is indeed a couple of minutes that can change everything.

rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:35pm
what?? the best, the most dominant, the unbeatble, the god, the man who doesnt need to qualify to the OG and just be handed the gold medal actually lost a match? nooooooo way!! the match was fixed for sure, or maybe the video was altered!! or maybe...(insert all your ridiculous, silly and whining excuse here) 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

what?? the best, the most dominant, the unbeatble, the god, the man who doesnt need to qualify to the OG and just be handed the gold medal actually lost a match? nooooooo way!! the match was fixed for sure, or maybe the video was altered!! or maybe...(insert all your ridiculous, silly and whining excuse here) 

Ouch, what an attack.....
Ridiculous, silly, whining....
I think you getting a bit too personal here now
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 1:06pm
I just read that Koki Niwa win broke Ma Long winning streak (international matches) of 51 games

Edited by ZApenholder - 04/21/2012 at 1:06pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

Haha ya, I know what you mean.

But I want to add, its not half an hour.
If Ma Long had gotten in those easy attacks, about 3 or 4 extra points at the critical stage. This would of been a 4 - 2 to Ma Long, or maybe into the 7th game. So yes, it is indeed a couple of minutes that can change everything.

give me a break!  many great players has lost to a player that is way beyond under:ma lin to liventsov,  wang hao to mizutani when jun was 16, zhang to seo..and if koki beats again a top10 that s not fluke
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Originally posted by kickass kickass wrote:

From your post, I can say, they are properly oversotck on ZJK blade, that is why they asked Ma Long to loose.
You know, its all marketing Tongue

Jokes, I don't believe it was a fixed game, rather Ma Long was taking it so lightly. He only really needed to be in Top 7 to achieve his goal here.

I bet my left kidney that bty will release an uber expensive koki niwa blade
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 1:20pm
I hope Koki and maharu can keep improving and put an end to china's domination of table tennis. They have the pontential to achieve this feat。we can't rely on kishikawa, Kenta and mitsutani to beat china in the next few world team championship, China have figured them out.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 1:38pm

I hope Koki and maharu can keep improving and put an end to china's domination of table tennis. They have the pontential to achieve this feat。we can't rely on kishikawa, Kenta and mitsutani to beat china in the next few world team championship, China have figured them out.

As much as I support China, I fully agree with you here. I believe Japan (both mens and womens) can challenge China soon. Just hope more countries can come to this party.
Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 3:45pm
I can't see the video posted in this thread .. . .. . Confused
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 4:02pm
Anybody can have an off day...even Ma Long. He reminds me of Lebron James.....clearly the best talent, but, somehow doesnt show up in the big moments for some strange reason.
who no know go know
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Reiin Reiin wrote:

I can't see the video posted in this thread .. . .. . Confused

Try IE, not Chrome.

or
Janus helped upload to youtube already.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 5:09pm
Poor Ma Long.. There's no winning situation for him in this qualifiers: if he wins, people say it's not a tournament that matters; if he loses, people mock him for losing to weak players.

I think the mocking people are just as bad as those making excuses.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 5:19pm
But all Ma Long had to do was to qualify for the team event, which he did achieve his goal

Edited by ZApenholder - 04/21/2012 at 5:20pm
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Poor Ma Long.. There's no winning situation for him in this qualifiers: if he wins, people say it's not a tournament that matters; if he loses, people mock him for losing to weak players.

i don't think anyone is mocking ma long, just making note of koki's huge upset. also, when you're the best player in the world by a long shot, you're gonna get some flak for losing to koki niwa
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 6:00pm
ppl still talking about kentaLOL?  That guy is old news, he wasn't even selected for the last team championship and was replaced by his brother Kenji.  I don't think Kishikawa was ever considered a threat and Mizuntani simply lacks power and aggressiveness to ever threaten the chinese.

Great win for Niwa, unlike Kenta, he actually got the win!  So Niwa is a much better prospect than Kenta ever was,  but the boy really needs to grow!  But this was a meaningless tournament for Ma Long so really meh.

not saying it was fixed, but this was a final that the Chinese wouldn't mind losing,  even LGL has stated that the Chinese dominance is boring.   Give the young upcoming Japanese player a win in a useless tournment, generates much more interest in the upcoming Olympic games

Edited by TTNoobie - 04/21/2012 at 6:13pm
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 6:01pm
What would happened, if Ma Long didnt't qualified. Did China had no 3rd player for the Team event and couldn't play in the team event?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by jobaumi jobaumi wrote:

What would happened, if Ma Long didnt't qualified. Did China had no 3rd player for the Team event and couldn't play in the team event?

Yep, then China wouldn't be allowed to participate in the teams event. Which doesn't make sense as a singles qualification tournament determines participation in a teams tournament
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

I dont see anyone mocking Ma Long, I see some people mocking his fans....lol. When you are number 1, the pressure is on you constantly. Especially when you havent won the "big" tournaments yet and expectations are so high. This was a very unexpected loss.....lets be realistic.....he lost to a non-Chinese.......that is a BIG upset...anyhow you want to look at it.

Edited by naijachief - 04/21/2012 at 6:19pm
who no know go know
ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2012 at 6:21pm
maybe ma long was too used to playing his chinese compatriots? Koki Niwa sure hit some shots aiming directly at the shoulder of ma long making his transition very difficult
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic