FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Koki niwa beats Ma Long!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 4:57pm
god the camera movement sucks
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Sponsored Links

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 9:21pm
Big respect for Koki Niwa.

The hatred in the youtube comments is disgusting.
chunyenliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunyenliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 10:30pm
Niwa is one of trickiest players with extreme control over his emotion especially for a teeager.   He initiates the offence early than most players.   Of course, he is not at he same level as Ma Long yet but he can surely crack into top 10.
My free Android app: "Table Tennis Time" at Google
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

Youtube isn't well known for being racially tolerant. 

Edited by liXiao - 04/22/2012 at 10:35pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 12:59am
Ma Long wasn't play for real!
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 1:09am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

Youtube isn't well known for being racially tolerant. 

indeed, any idiot with a keyboard can run his mouth on that site... just recently I've noticed some comments pulled, but youtube has a long way to go before it resembles a civil community
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 1:51am
The myth that Malong is a prefect TT machine has been busted, better now than London.

Niwa's games are progressing, hope he can fully come out of "soft" Japanese style
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Offenzive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Offenzive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 6:36am
Does this mean that Ma long isnt going to play in single in london? (does he have to win every matches in quali)
I also read somehwere that he was selected third behind Wang Hao and Zhan Jike..

maybe i am after the time..
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 6:43am
this third position are most llikely for a team event than single..
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Offenzive Offenzive wrote:

Does this mean that Ma long isnt going to play in single in london? (does he have to win every matches in quali)
I also read somehwere that he was selected third behind Wang Hao and Zhan Jike..

That is correct, Ma Long isn't allowed to play singles in London, as he is listed as the number 3 player - to fit into the teams event only.
Zhang and Wang was automatically qualified and filled the max of 2 players per country for singles.

The only way for Ma Long to play singles was if Zhang Jike or Wang Hao is injured (or forced to declare injuring), then China is allowed to substitute then (even without making the qualification tournament)

LGL has already annouced that Ma Long will play in teams event. Ma Long stated that he is training for teams event and trying to add value in the doubles.

How ever in womens side, it is likealy Guo Yan will declare injury and make way for Ding Ning. Guo Yue was added to the teams event because of her strong records in doubles and likely pairing with LXX there.

mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 9:08am
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Originally posted by Offenzive Offenzive wrote:

That is correct, Ma Long isn't allowed to play singles in London, as he is listed as the number 3 player - to fit into the teams event only.
Zhang and Wang was automatically qualified and filled the max of 2 players per country for singles.

The only way for Ma Long to play singles was if Zhang Jike or Wang Hao is injured (or forced to declare injuring), then China is allowed to substitute then (even without making the qualification tournament)

LGL has already annouced that Ma Long will play in teams event. Ma Long stated that he is training for teams event and trying to add value in the doubles.

How ever in womens side, it is likealy Guo Yan will declare injury and make way for Ding Ning. Guo Yue was added to the teams event because of her strong records in doubles and likely pairing with LXX there.

i thought that the final decision of LGL is to be announced on may 13? im sorry but im not really familiar with the qualifications and on who will play on singles and doubles, what i know is that right now 3 players from china is to play in the olympics and it does no necessarily mean that WH and ZJK will play in singles because it will still be announced in ay 13, is my understanding wrong? can you shed a light on this topic because im myself am confused. thnx in advance

Edited by mikepong - 04/23/2012 at 9:09am
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 10:58am
Mikepong, yes ofcourse changes can still be made.
IE Wang Hao or Zhang Jike really get injured.

In the video I posted in Dortmund to London, LGL and Ma Long was interviewed.
LGL didn't really annouce - so apologies from my side by using that word. But he didn't deny, he just said that it will be based on the form of the recent player.
Ma Long was the one that said he is training for teams event, he also said he wont be playing in singles event, but focusing on doubles in the team event.

But again, anything can happen regarding "injury" replacements.

There is no doubles, there is singles and teams (where there is 4 singles and 1 double).
At it stands, Wang and Zhang are playing singles, and Ma Long is added to teams.
If Wang or Zhang or Ma is replaced, they aren't allowed to participate in teams too, so you can't swop Wang and Ma around if you know what I mean.

Edited by ZApenholder - 04/23/2012 at 10:59am
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:19am
ok thnx for the explanation, sorry about the doubles part i meant team event
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:25am
No probs, I thought so :)

LGL also taked about Xu Xin, and it sounded like the future 3 is Ma Long, Zhang Jike and Xu Xin going to fight for the number 1,2,3 spot.
I guess slowly we will see Ma Lin and Wang Hao fading away.
And also a few more youngsters coming into the picture.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:30am
BTW, Ma Long and Zhang Ji ke are good friends. Most of the time they are room mates.

During the incident at Asian Champ, where they didn't shake hands. Zhang was in a zone, and didn't realise he had to shake hands, he didn't even see Ma Long walking pass.
He even hurt himself opening the door of his room.
He had to ask team doctor not to tell head coach LGL that he walked into the door.  Cause he was embarrased

This zone was sure "interesting" imo :)
pingpongpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:46pm

ME kokia and JPN team in Wong Ting Chinese Restaurant Sheffield October 2009
Blade: Stiga OFF NCT (Penhold)

Forehand: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO 2.15
Backhand Coppa X1 turbo hard

GLUE: COPYDEX YEY SOO CHEAP DIY TT ftw the win:)
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:47pm
Thumbs Up
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

BTW, Ma Long and Zhang Ji ke are good friends. Most of the time they are room mates.

During the incident at Asian Champ, where they didn't shake hands. Zhang was in a zone, and didn't realise he had to shake hands, he didn't even see Ma Long walking pass.
He even hurt himself opening the door of his room.
He had to ask team doctor not to tell head coach LGL that he walked into the door.  Cause he was embarrased

This zone was sure "interesting" imo :)

but he remembered to shake the umpires hand
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 6:47pm
Amazing match, this kid has so much spin and pace variation Ma Long's years of drills and perfect strokes meant nothing. Just outsmarted plain and simple
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2012 at 11:39pm
I think LGL wanted ML to lose so he can promote someone else, better and younger, to shine at the London Olympics.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 12:23am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

I think LGL wanted ML to lose so he can promote someone else, better and younger, to shine at the London Olympics.

I don't really think that strategy is working as here we are with a big thread on how Ma lost and how Niwa won...
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

hahahahahahahahaha
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 2:13am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Amazing match, this kid has so much spin and pace variation Ma Long's years of drills and perfect strokes meant nothing. Just outsmarted plain and simple

disagree,koki has more backhand shots than FH  and mizutany had stronger game when he was 17 despite he used glue..that placement game close to table can work on a day when a top player is in low mood like when you have been dumped of the singles rooster, how bad must someone feel when you are the most feared player and you are not allowed to play OG!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 6:51am
Koki Niwa is very talented and unusual, played great kept his poise. He also caught an unhappy ML on a bad day in an essentially meaningless match.   At the same Ike he showed one way ML can be beaten. Not many people can play that way but I bet a lot of players and coaches are going to study this match.
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 10:04am
One less does not make a trend.
Is Ma Long perfect? No, he IS capable of losing.
Is he still the best player in the world? Yes.

Koki played exceptionally well and Ma Long played exceptionally bad (in comparison to what we expect from him) - and so Koki won.
Ma Long missed a LOT of shots he normally would destroy.

Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2012 at 10:39am
Everybody calm down. LGL hasn't decided who will play in singles yet. Right now WH and ZJK are only "qualifiers". LGL will decide in May. I am looking for the quote.

korean_chopper28 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korean_chopper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 1:11am
my second idol lose 17 year old japanese boy. i do not know how. but he still my second idol. 

Edited by korean_chopper28 - 04/25/2012 at 1:11am
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 2:46am
there are so many excuses when the chineses lost, feeling sick,, not trying, lack of proper practise, etc. All absurd excuses.
How about giving the kid credit? From what I see from this match, he is a Great talent and if he keeps improving, he will challenge the chineses like boll has done. He looks the real deal.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 3:14am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

there are so many excuses when the chineses lost, feeling sick,, not trying, lack of proper practise, etc. All absurd excuses.
How about giving the kid credit? From what I see from this match, he is a Great talent and if he keeps improving, he will challenge the chineses like boll has done. He looks the real deal.

same was said when kenta put ma lin into the 7th game in 2009 wttc
korean_chopper28 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korean_chopper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2012 at 3:16am
Originally posted by pingpongpaul pingpongpaul wrote:

ME kokia and JPN team in Wong Ting Chinese Restaurant Sheffield October 2009

wow very amazing picture with pros!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic