Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasant - Photos+Weight+Review(soon)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 4:55pm
 From this thread :
 Speed : Rasant ~ T05.
 Spin : Rasant ~ T05. 
 ? And  throw/arc ... ?  Thanks.

Edited by viktorovich - 05/09/2012 at 4:59pm
Sponsored Links

strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2012 at 8:01pm
I've been using Rasant in 1.9mm on an Acoustic for a few weeks now. I bought 1.9mm after being advised that it a VERY fast rubber, but it lacks in top end compared to Tenergy 64/05 in 1.9mm, wish I got it in 2.1mm now.

No doubt it's a good rubber, excellent in some areas, just ok in others.

The glue feel is probably the best I have felt so far in a factory tuned rubber. It behaves like speed glued rubbers in that if you have a good technique and can spin the ball well you get good sound from the rubber and high amounts of spin and speed. Flatten out your bat a bit and the speed is riduculous but no spin. This rubber requires solid technique on all strokes.

Rasant, for me, excells in the middle gears. Pronounced glue feel and kick resulting in excellent ball acceleration and spin. Fantastic for attacking/opening shots. It is fairly lively in the short game, requires good touch here. However, blocking and counter looping have excellent control - Rasant doesn't react much to incoming spin, which is how it has been designed.

Spin on slow loops in very high, good as Tenergy here, but the spin/speed ratio falls away a bit at higher speeds. Less top end speed speed than Tenergy, but more acceleration in middle gears.

Like posted earlier, I am struggling to get high spin on serves, will keep experimenting in this area and see if it improves with technique changes.

Ummmm, another tid bit of info, Hexer bites the ball better than Rasant and is spinnier in all areas IMO, rasant slightly faster. I still prefer Hexer, this week I will put the two rubbers on the same 7 ply blade blade. I expect rasant will kick even harder on a stiff 7 ply compared to 5 ply Acoustic.

That's all for now, let's see how long the excellent factoy tuning lasts.

Edited by strongpong - 05/09/2012 at 8:03pm
igszoctan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igszoctan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 12:29am
"...Ummmm, another tid bit of info, Hexer bites the ball better than Rasant and is spinnier in all areas IMO, rasant slightly faster. I still prefer Hexer..." - by Strongpong.
Which Hexer r u talking about? HD or any of them?
igszoctan
Fh: Rasant PowerGrip (2.1)
Blades: Appelgren Allplay
Bh: Rasant Powersponge(1.9)
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66928&PID=807706󅌚
Strength and honour
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 12:53am
I hope so because the original Hexer isn't even close in grip to HD or Rasant...
strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 12:56am
Originally posted by igszoctan igszoctan wrote:

"Which Hexer r u talking about? HD or any of them?

I am referring to the original Hexer......
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 4:46am
Originally posted by strongpong strongpong wrote:

I've been using Rasant in 1.9mm on an Acoustic for a few weeks now. I bought 1.9mm after being advised that it a VERY fast rubber, but it lacks in top end compared to Tenergy 64/05 in 1.9mm, wish I got it in 2.1mm now.

No doubt it's a good rubber, excellent in some areas, just ok in others.

The glue feel is probably the best I have felt so far in a factory tuned rubber. It behaves like speed glued rubbers in that if you have a good technique and can spin the ball well you get good sound from the rubber and high amounts of spin and speed. Flatten out your bat a bit and the speed is riduculous but no spin. This rubber requires solid technique on all strokes.

Rasant, for me, excells in the middle gears. Pronounced glue feel and kick resulting in excellent ball acceleration and spin. Fantastic for attacking/opening shots. It is fairly lively in the short game, requires good touch here. However, blocking and counter looping have excellent control - Rasant doesn't react much to incoming spin, which is how it has been designed.

Spin on slow loops in very high, good as Tenergy here, but the spin/speed ratio falls away a bit at higher speeds. Less top end speed speed than Tenergy, but more acceleration in middle gears.

Like posted earlier, I am struggling to get high spin on serves, will keep experimenting in this area and see if it improves with technique changes.

Ummmm, another tid bit of info, Hexer bites the ball better than Rasant and is spinnier in all areas IMO, rasant slightly faster. I still prefer Hexer, this week I will put the two rubbers on the same 7 ply blade blade. I expect rasant will kick even harder on a stiff 7 ply compared to 5 ply Acoustic.

That's all for now, let's see how long the excellent factoy tuning lasts.

I think you'll find that spring sponge style rubbers really need the thicker sponge (minimum 2.1) to be really effective to spin the ball. So much so that a 1.9 tenergy doesn't actually feel like "tenergy" 
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 5:04pm
won't take credit for finding this review... (bluebucket sent me the link)

Edited by the_theologian - 05/12/2012 at 2:45am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2012 at 8:27pm
Seems like a magic rubber like tenergy but the price is soooo good LOL
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2012 at 5:22am
Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

Seems like a magic rubber like tenergy but the price is soooo good LOL

We'll see. So many rubbers were praised as alternative for Tenergy. Some found it, some not. But many people find that Tenergy is still the reference rubber (except for price). If say in one year (when most enthusiasm is gone) as many players playing with Rasant as with Tenergy than it seems a magic rubber. But in one year the next generation of ESN rubbers is released and the praising begins again.
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by zzz zzz wrote:

We'll see. So many rubbers were praised as alternative for Tenergy. Some found it, some not. But many people find that Tenergy is still the reference rubber (except for price). If say in one year (when most enthusiasm is gone) as many players playing with Rasant as with Tenergy than it seems a magic rubber. But in one year the next generation of ESN rubbers is released and the praising begins again.

My thoughts exactly Big smile Of course we all hope that's wrong Embarrassed
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2012 at 1:57pm
Does anyone in the US have a cutoff pieces from their Rasant? Send them to me, my friend will run a durometer to see the hardness data (topsheet/sponge) for this rubber. MAX thickness is preferable.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2012 at 7:31pm
So the throw is just a little bit lower than T05 but still high?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2012 at 2:46am
(embedded the video above so you can watch an 18 minute review)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2012 at 4:13am
I had a bit of a hit with it as well today, and I agree very much with strongpong's view. It's a nice rubber with a strong glue feel. Spin on slower to medium paced loops is very high, but it takes a lot more effort to get good spin on serves.
When you loop hard it comes off really fast, but there's a lot less spin, so I don't think it suits powerloopers. It's remarkably easy to block with, it's really quite insensitive to spin. I don't think it's a good Tenergy alternative, and in all fairness they never claimed it would be. It's a good rubber in it's own right... I think those that like Hexer HD but want more speed to put the ball away will like it.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2012 at 8:30pm
http://ttnpp.com/shop/andro-rasant-p-569.html
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I had a bit of a hit with it as well today, and I agree very much with strongpong's view. It's a nice rubber with a strong glue feel. Spin on slower to medium paced loops is very high, but it takes a lot more effort to get good spin on serves.
When you loop hard it comes off really fast, but there's a lot less spin, so I don't think it suits powerloopers. It's remarkably easy to block with, it's really quite insensitive to spin. I don't think it's a good Tenergy alternative, and in all fairness they never claimed it would be. It's a good rubber in it's own right... I think those that like Hexer HD but want more speed to put the ball away will like it.

that makes it Tenzone SF !! 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2012 at 7:12am
I got the Rasant today. Have put on my Violin and will test it on my forbehand tonight. Will do a quick rewiev after that!
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 12:58am
any update?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

that makes it Tenzone SF !! 

yes i agree with that. Andro Hexer HD and Tenzone are identical rubbers in many ways except Tenzone has a thicker max in 2.2mm and is faster
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2012 at 6:40am
I tried fh looping with rasant and I noticed the low throw (compared to vega pro) and the long trajectory. it felt like a calibra. But some reliable players told me it is a great bh rubber for pushblockers. especially the push is spinny.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 11:14pm
The throw is much higher than T64 FX and H3 neo commercial (normal sponge)
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Nagatito Nagatito wrote:

The throw is much higher than T64 FX and H3 neo commercial (normal sponge)

so its a high throw rubber then? i find h3 neo to be a high throw rubber, no matter what version it is, commercial, provincial or national 
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 11:32pm
Yes Rasant is very high throw
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2012 at 11:40pm
So its higher than H3 neo because i like hight throw in backhand because suits more my technique
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 5:47pm
Wow, this rubber does seem built like a T05 clone. The design is very similar. The Rasant's pores are even bigger.
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 6:01pm
Rasant weighs 0.246 g/cm^2 which makes it slightly heavier than T05. It seems to play very similar to T05 except for blocking and touch shots. Even then, not so different. Really similar! Wow!

Rasant's topsheet is tackier than HexerHD's topsheet, but still not tacky. It is a very mild tack similar to a fresh sheet of T05. HexerHD's topsheet is thicker and completely nontacky. Does not even collect dust. Rasant's topsheet collects dust quickly and easily.
Nittaku Resound
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Yes Rasant is very high throw

I don't know what you are comparing it to, but I tried looping with bluefire M1 on a viscaria with Rasant on the other side. M1 has sharp arc and high throw, and resembles t05 (or vega pro), while rasant seemed to me a totally different rubber.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2012 at 8:31pm
Some pictures of the sheet I opened today (got it from ttnpp)

Edited by the_theologian - 06/01/2012 at 11:12pm
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2012 at 2:40am
Anyone else thinks that Rasant feels harder than T05? Mine feels harder when pressing down with the finger, and also feels harder when playing. The dwell is less. Throw is slightly lower but still high. It's more comparable to T25 IMHO.

Edited by cotdt - 06/03/2012 at 2:43am
Nittaku Resound
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2012 at 2:53am
Since you use T64 how do you compare it to T64? It's bouncier and faster than T05 imho
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic