FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka Rakza 9 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ahmad-ar View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahmad-ar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Rakza 9 Review
    Posted: 11/27/2017 at 6:22am
can anyone compare it with Rasant for BH ?? flicks, topspin with polly balls ?? I will be glad for that 
Sponsored Links

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2015 at 2:36am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

If you haven't bought R9 yet, I'd recommend buying the RX instead - better grip, spin & control & works great on the V VPS

Ok thanks will give it a try, I had problems with Rakza 7 because I often got like bubbles on the rubber, nothing you have notice on the RX? 

Edited by Fehrplay - 01/17/2015 at 2:37am
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2015 at 5:26am
How is this rubber compared to Tenergy 05? Tenergy is a bit expensive for me and I want cheaper rubbers that is also good. 

Edited by HappyHarry - 01/15/2015 at 5:27am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 9:22pm
If you haven't bought R9 yet, I'd recommend buying the RX instead - better grip, spin & control & works great on the V VPS

Edited by slevin - 01/08/2015 at 9:25pm
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 8:27pm
Has someone tried Rakza 9 with Stiga Infinity Vps and can share their experience? Smile
stancuzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stancuzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2015 at 7:52pm
Hey man, these all rubbers you mentioned are more suitable as FH use,
cause of the high throw angle they have...JP 02 however could do the job i think.
Big smileBig smileBig smile
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 5:07pm
@ttping85

From what I read the Bluefire JP03 was a rubber I was seriously considering! 

Will opening BH top spins vs underspin be a shot I could execute with confidence? ( I can confidently do it With R7 Soft - grip and spin are so good - even heavy underspin can be lifted)

I like the fact that people label it as dead on slow shots - to me that means classic feel which I love. Will it still deliver spin though on soft contact pushes?

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 4:46pm
Can't beat Baracuda 2mm for b/h imo..
Shifter
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2014 at 4:43pm
I would recommend Bluefire JP03. Great spin and great control in the blocking game. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2014 at 5:54pm
When my sheet of Rakza 7 Soft has done it's time - I am looking for a BH rubber with similar properties but which:

1) does not suffer so much when blocking a spinny loop (with Rakza 7 Soft one has to close the angle tooo much - it is hardly natural and can only be done if one consciously has the time to think about it)

2) Is as good as R7 Soft for 3rd ball BH loop vs underspin

3) can help with returning spinny fast side spin mixed with underspin serves with a BH loop

4) retains the strengths of R7 Soft (very controllable, excellent short game, but nice spin and attacking game too!) 

Initially I was thinking R7 is the best candidate - but seeing this thread it seems R9 is also a very nice BH rubber... does anyone have opinions of which rubber is better for BH?

I also consider other rubbers such as Calibra LT Spin, Adidas P7, Donic Bluefire JP01 or JP 03.

Hope I can get some opinions on this one
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2014 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

My coach, who grew up in China, used Rakza 7 for years and then switched to Rakza 9.  I told him it was softer than R7 b/c that's what the data said, but he insisted it was harder.  Said serves and opening loops (backspin) were a bit more difficult.  But he liked it and made the switch.

There seems to be disagreement about the hardness of R9.  I demoed it, inspected it...noticed that the sponge looked very similar to R7 soft, and also seemed to come apart in exactly the same way that R7 soft does when you try to remove glue.  So, maybe the sponge is softer than R7 but the top-sheet is harder??

And I believe now Yasaka has edited their website to indicate R9 is indeed harder than R7.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 3:09am
so I guess it'd be smart to store unopened rubbers in zip-lock bags.  That packaging isn't really air-tight.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 2:34am

an unopened rubber has a shelf-life?  wow.  The manufacturers should stamp a "made on" date on the package.

good luck on that.. Big smile
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 2:32am

Can a rubber go bad in 6 months just sitting on a blade?

definitely.. anything exposed to air ages over time, unless you preserve it in a vacuum. I've actually noticed a few times when buying new rubbers that went on sale usually last less than normal, these perhaps were old stocks, I suppose.

So I shy away now  from buying sale rubbers, unless if the sale was intended to Promote an item, an event, etc.. but if the sale was for no obvious reasons, think wisely before buying, or at least ask the vendor.
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2014 at 1:44am

an unopened rubber has a shelf-life?  wow.  The manufacturers should stamp a "made on" date on the package.

Dont forget the expiry date as well...
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 6:54pm
Modern rubbers are factory-tuned (though not too heavily, as they want them to retain their properties on a long enough period – I'd certainly complain if my rubber felt dead after one month). So it does wear off with time, though less quickly if kept in a sealed or close to sealed package.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 6:02pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 5:40pm
yes and yes. That doesn't mean that the rubber will not be useful anymore. It will just be less fresh.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 3:21pm
This is interesting to me b/c I frequently store blades with rubber on them for months/years.  This is the first I've heard that the rubber can go bad w/o being used.  Can a rubber go bad in 6 months just sitting on a blade?
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 2:02pm
Will a rubber in an unopened package age too?  Or only if you take it out and glue it (and then don't use it)?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 10:10am
Rakza 9 is quite a fast rubber. Your sheet must be too old.

A year old rubber is not comparable to a new one even if not used much. I also have a Bluefire M2 rubber used for testing but already opened 1 year ago. The grip is still very good but the speed is nothing like a new M2.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 3:13am
I have to say that my rakza9 has been cut one year ago. but it has been used less than one month. the topsheet shows almost no ball marks.

Edited by seguso - 05/12/2014 at 3:14am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 3:04am
Rakza 9 slow?  That is not the take at my club.  Def faster than R7.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2014 at 2:50am

and...on TTdb Rakza 9 is rated faster than Tenergy 05, however I've read reviews that say it's slower.  Any experts out there used both rubbers can comment on which is faster?

razka9 is a rather slow rubber. Much slower than t05, m1, or even m2. no kick at full power, similar to vega pro.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 9:10pm
and...on TTdb Rakza 9 is rated faster than Tenergy 05, however I've read reviews that say it's slower.  Any experts out there used both rubbers can comment on which is faster?
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 8:48pm
how can you tell if the softness you are feeling is sponge or rubber?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 5:48pm
Rakza 9 topsheet has the same pips alignment and geometry of T64 while Rakza 7 uses the same as T05, so R9 topsheet feels softer.

Actually Yasaka doesn't help us when japanese catalog says R9 sponge is softer and Sweden website says it's harder.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:23pm
the rakza 9 sponge is much harder than the rakza 7 sponge. It feels around 50 deg, probably harder than m1. rakza 7 feels about 45 deg. The topsheet of rakza 9 might be softer but I am not sure. For sure it is much softer than the m1 topsheet.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 4:14pm
My coach, who grew up in China, used Rakza 7 for years and then switched to Rakza 9.  I told him it was softer than R7 b/c that's what the data said, but he insisted it was harder.  Said serves and opening loops (backspin) were a bit more difficult.  But he liked it and made the switch.

There seems to be disagreement about the hardness of R9.  I demoed it, inspected it...noticed that the sponge looked very similar to R7 soft, and also seemed to come apart in exactly the same way that R7 soft does when you try to remove glue.  So, maybe the sponge is softer than R7 but the top-sheet is harder??
salsaking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsaking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2013 at 1:10am
Digging up an older thread, but wanted to comment as I've been playing with Rakza 9 on my FH for about 5 sessions now.

It's simply been a joy to play with this rubber. I've played Rakza 7 & Bluefire M2 on my FH prior to this, but prefer 9 over both. One of the folks I play with regularly said 7 generated better penetrating spin, but the feel and control from my perspective is so much better with the 9. I've been feeling like I couldn't miss with 9, no matter how out of form/position I was on my FH. =P

Rakza 9 compared with M2 is an improvement as well. Although both have the same kind of dwelly feel, M2 was so inconsistent for me especially on full stroke/powered FHs. Whereas the ball would go straight down on these shots on the M2, Rakza 9 still gave me output exactly as I had intended.

I think I'll stick with this on my FH for awhile (that is until I can try Vega Japan and the new Bluefires JP 01 & 03). =P

Salsaking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic