FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
Author
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

Nice to watch, Matt.  I really liked how short you blocked in the first set and got in occasionally with the FH.

I attack much more with my FH but play similarly to you.  I use OX LPs--Grass DTecs on Immune OX blade, Adidas P7 boosted on the FH--but am having no joy with the new poly ball.  I'm getting half the reverse spin and none of the nice wobble I used to get with old balls on the pips.  My blocks and pushes are going long but without any bite to them. My question(s) for you:  How is the frictionless anti with the poly ball?  Is it a difficult transition from LPs to the frictionless anti?  Can you hit/push no spin/dead stuff with the fric'less anti?  Should I be tempted, this off-season, to make the change to fric'less anti?

Apologies!  (I was tempted to buy the Grizzly you were selling but someone beat me to it!)  Cheers!
Thanks kevo!

I personally do not see much of a difference with the new poly balls playing with the slick anti. There might be slighlt less reversal (5-10%) on blocking topspin but still massive so that people can't reloop. I think you actually get a split second more time on blocks which makes my game a little safer with the anti. So to me the poly ball works fine with frictionless anti. I have heard the same thing from some higher level anti players from Germany as well.
I cannot comment on the transition to frictionless anti from LP because I actually used to play with MP before (Dr. N Diamant) mainly block and counter. I am afraid that you can't just test the slick anti like another LP or inverted because it is a totally different style and technique which probably requires a couple of month of adjusting. Dr. N actually sells a very nice instructional DVD (for only $10 or so) which shows the strokes very nicely. Dead/no spin balls are notoriously difficult with frictionless anti and I typically just kind of chop them back which is the safest for me. This is definetly easier with pips.
In case you wanted to give frictionless anti a try, I would suggest to try a slow controlled one first like the Dr. N ABS. The Grizzly (with ABS sponge) is a little bit faster but still quite controlled on a sloer blade but for me was too fast on an OFF blade (blocks went long).
In case you wanted to check out some videos of higher level Dr. N anti players search for the following people on youtube:
Amelia Solja (top 50 world ranking!), Simon Huth (beat Ruwen Filus a couple years ago in a regional tourney in Germany), Jens Gester (USATT level should be >2400), Amir Ahmed (2nd division in Austria), Maik Schoenknecht (USATT level should be >2400)
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 7:38pm
Matt, thanks a million for the considered response.  I agree that it will be a big transition alright.  I know of Amelia and Simon Huth but haven't heard of the others.  I'll look them up.  I'm thinking I may try to, ahem, fiddle a bit with the pimples.  If that doesn't work...or the pimples dissolve in a slick puddle of oil and UV light, I might buy a sheet of fric'less anti.  PM me if you're ever selling one!

Again, thanks!
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

What does it really mean frictionless? Is it " having little friction compared to other rubbers"? If so how little is "little"?

The anti is completely slick so that when you rub a ball over it you will not feel any resistance.
I thought ITTF made a real campaign to ban true slick reversal rubbers.  I remember playing against someone with such a rubber a while back but haven't seen it anywhere since.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 2:29am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

What does it really mean frictionless? Is it " having little friction compared to other rubbers"? If so how little is "little"?

It would be comparable to a clean glass window. It works great for serve return and blocking.

Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 2:30am
They banned frictionless pips and the frictionless antis came out after that ban. They are all perfectly legal. If you do not believe it why don't you check the LARC.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 5:11am
You get some great effect from the anti. The guy you are playing really struggles with your type of play, sometimes he really appears to not know what shot to play or tactics to try and combat your game. Which has to be a good sign you are doing the right thing.

I know this has been mentioned before but it does appear from the camera angle that your serve has a very low throw up.  Is that the case do you think or something with the camera placement?. I know these things can make serves look a lot worse than they actually are.

I think from the Vid you should make your 2000 goal really soon hopefully .

All the best.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2015 at 1:41am

They banned frictionless pips and the frictionless antis came out after that ban. They are all perfectly legal. If you do not believe it why don't you check the LARC.
How much spin reversal do you get? My recollection with frictionless long pips was that they got about 90% spin reversal. By comparison, "normal" anti seems to mostly kill spin and does pretty minimal reversal.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2015 at 1:53am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

How much spin reversal do you get? My recollection with frictionless long pips was that they got about 90% spin reversal. By comparison, "normal" anti seems to mostly kill spin and does pretty minimal reversal.

I have never played frictionless long pips myself but other higher level guys who played both stated that you get a least as much reversal with frictionless/slick anti. However it was easier to attack with frictionless pips and in particular return empty/no spin balls.

My Feedback
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

For fans of Rich... I just decided that on this particular day, my topspin game had no chance in hell and started exchanging.

NL, who are you, the white dude or the black dude? 

what is their rating please? I think i am similar to the two gentlemen in style......Smile
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

what is their rating please? I think i am similar to the two gentlemen in style......Smile

Their styles seem pretty different to me...
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 4:12pm
Rich is around 2200 and NL is 2000+ 
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Rich is around 2200 and NL is 2000+ 

That is correct.  I would say I am around/over 2000 if describing myself.

Edited by NextLevel - 06/03/2015 at 6:48pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Their styles seem pretty different to me...

In the video, I exchange a lot with Rich so his comment makes sense in the context of that specific match.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2015 at 6:49pm

NL, who are you, the white dude or the black dude? 

"The black dude" ... and I don't always play that way - just this particular opponent.
Cybershape Carbon
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 3:33am

and I don't always play that way - just this particular opponent.

OK i know that you don't take advices but i can't hold anymore ...

I can't see anything scary in your opponent - normal guy knowing well his racket. Everything in your game is wrong man. Look at your service. WTF is this ? I can attack almost every serve from you. They are too long and without enough underspin. How you will create it with this movement? No surprise at all. Look at your legs - one line parallel with the table. How you can expect to make good powerful FH topspin and even with this stance you are in a hurry every time. Use your torso and wrist more. Wait a little bit longer. Look at you practicing without ball and how many times you did this in the game. These rubbers seem to be too fast for you. You are not confident at all. So many mistakes especially from FH. This is your weak spot. And try to bend as much as you can in spite of your legs. 

Sorry for the language but someone must criticize you. 

illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 11:20am
wow dude.. a bit harsh.. i think if we all video taped our matches ppl could poke holes in every point. we are all amateurs not pros.. i think nextlevel is doing great especially considering his knee condition.. 
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 11:27am
Originally posted by illinichamps illinichamps wrote:

wow dude.. a bit harsh.. i think if we all video taped our matches ppl could poke holes in every point. we are all amateurs not pros.. i think nextlevel is doing great especially considering his knee condition.. 

Thanks for the kind words. It's okay. Usually, when people are healthy or improved/learned as children and don't have a chance to coach adult learners, these are the kinds of comments you get. Maybe if I posted video of my play from Sept 2012, then he would appreciate a little better how far I have come.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2015 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

and I don't always play that way - just this particular opponent.

OK i know that you don't take advices but i can't hold anymore ...

I can't see anything scary in your opponent - normal guy knowing well his racket. Everything in your game is wrong man. Look at your service. WTF is this ? I can attack almost every serve from you. They are too long and without enough underspin. How you will create it with this movement? No surprise at all. Look at your legs - one line parallel with the table. How you can expect to make good powerful FH topspin and even with this stance you are in a hurry every time. Use your torso and wrist more. Wait a little bit longer. Look at you practicing without ball and how many times you did this in the game. These rubbers seem to be too fast for you. You are not confident at all. So many mistakes especially from FH. This is your weak spot. And try to bend as much as you can in spite of your legs. 

Sorry for the language but someone must criticize you. 

Sometimes, when you don't know the level of the opponent and how he plays, some of the things you see do not make sense.  But if you knew the level of the opponent, then you would be a bit more humble.

Here is the not so scary guy taking a game off a guy who was one of the top juniors and a ranked player in France at one time:

Here is a match vs. Puerto Rican national team member:

So yes, my forehand is not the best part of my game but I played this match a certain way for a certain reason. If you look at my channel, you will see other matches where I played differently.

But since you say you will beat me so easily (may be true), please feel free to share videos of you playing. I am not that good, but I have worked very hard on my game and I am not ashamed of it.

Edited by NextLevel - 06/04/2015 at 4:53pm
Cybershape Carbon
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 3:34am

I saw the matches - he is uncomfortable opponent really. Next time you play with him try first with pushing mostly to see how it will go - short, long, diff corners, short underspin serve followed with long push to the other corner. In the first match the young guy adapted very well to win. He is scarier from both.

Peace Handshake

Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 7:00am
What kind of rubber does mister Dewitt has on his BH?
Sorry for off topic!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 7:21am
Well used Mark V on FH and BH.

Edited by NextLevel - 06/05/2015 at 7:22am
Cybershape Carbon
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 7:33am
:)) The ball leaves from that well used mark V as it goes from a SP or a very bad anti! Nasty sh_t!
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2015 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

:)) The ball leaves from that well used mark V as it goes from a SP or a very bad anti! Nasty sh_t!

its an old old sheet of mark V
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
Tk5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tk5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2015 at 3:35pm
Rich is good. Knowing him he would be very interested to know what you guys think his level is.
Tk5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tk5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2015 at 3:47pm
You should of played rich more into his wide fh, his bh is good. you can't beat the guy if you try to countrer over and over to his bh. I played him one time. I did something interesting, which was I pushed out to him and let him open then I chopped his opening, for some reason he always placed the next ball back into my bh corner and then I turned and spun the next ball wide to his fh. You could give that a try except with bh since you don't really turn anyways.

Edited by Tk5 - 06/06/2015 at 4:29pm
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 6:08am
I may be either the same player as before or even regressing, with all the same old problems, but hey, at least I can try to salvage some cool videos out of it. 720p60fps setting recommended.

Edited by Eric Fountain - 06/07/2015 at 6:09am
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 6:50pm
Eric, I always enjoy watching hustle and you've got that. I think you can improve your FH push. With your style, you don't want to give an easy ball when you're close to the table. When caught with an awkward wrist position, use more arm and body than wrist to push. I thought the double arm wing spread to avoid being swallowed up by the curtain was terrific vs D. Ovtcharov. I rooted for you to make the run in kill, but unfortunately it didn't land.  
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2015 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

I may be either the same player as before or even regressing, with all the same old problems, but hey, at least I can try to salvage some cool videos out of it. 720p60fps setting recommended.

Eric, I enjoyed watching your video. You play the style I am attempting to learn.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 2:19am
Great Video Eric!

I would have preferred the video perhaps not quite so spliced up but it's still a lot of fun to watch.  Easily one of the most entertaining videos in this topic.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2015 at 2:48am
What blade does  senor Dewitt use? I think, its something fast (off+).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
  Share Topic