FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Pictures & Videos > Videos

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 12:55pm
I should rephrase "less wrist, more forearm" to less closed faced contact, more open faced contact which naturally allows more power from the forearm and less spin from the wrist. My closed faced contact over the top of the ball required lots of wrist and friction between rubber and ball.

Edited by heavyspin - 06/13/2017 at 12:56pm
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 4:34pm
heavy, maybe a little more forward motion when doing topspin to topspin...seems you are doing a bh loop for underspin which may make you a little late to the ball. But what do i know...Tongue

Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Custom Stiga Oversize Reproduction 6.1mm 90grams
FH Tibhar MX-P Black
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I should rephrase "less wrist, more forearm" to less closed faced contact, more open faced contact which naturally allows more power from the forearm and less spin from the wrist. My closed faced contact over the top of the ball required lots of wrist and friction between rubber and ball.

This has always been my default preference as I find it more powerful snd consistent, though possibly at the loss of speed in certain situations if you cant reload and shorten the stroke.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 11:49pm
I noticed a video of me on page 1 back in 2011 so I decided to post this. I took 2012 to 2015 off from the sport and got back into it last year or so.

Disclaimers: 
-finally starting to get back to my 2012 levels of play
-takes a while with only 1 day a week
-carrying an extra 30 pounds

Here's what i can see that i need to work on:
1) i need more time to get in position, and execute better strokes - I think i am crowding the table
2) my footwork is almost nonexistant
3) i am not staying low enough
4) my strokes need a much more circular recovery so i can better reset my footwork
5) i often tense my wrist; not dropping it on FH and not starting a backswing on my BH

all matches are against a player who is about 1 tier higher due to much greater consistency and better defense/allround play. i regularly lose games to Milo 11-8. I lost at least 5 practice matches today (2-3, 2-3, 1-3, 1-3, 0-3)

A match where I play awful and make a lot of unforced errors

I've also included my best game win (where I focus on offense)
(warning, excessive celebration when i BH kill off the bounce)

and a competitive 12-10 match that i lose

Pardon the air conditioner noise in several of the uploads.

I'm wearing the hat. Milo is in Red.

Edited by icontek - 07/15/2017 at 12:07am
US1260.RC952 . 2011 maine state champ CLASS B . OSP Virtuoso DHSTG2+CJ8000
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 1:45am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

(warning, excessive celebration when i BH kill off the bounce)

Yeah but it was a sick backhand though.
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 2:15am
Good rallies icontek, Milos puts a lot of balls back!
Blade: BBC Hinoki Ghost
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
My Feedback
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 9:10am
One of the more colorful TT venues, icontek. You often get caught too close to the table on deep balls. Sometimes it causes you try to make a stroke while back peddling and the weight shift in the opposite direction is a power leak and source of inconsistency. If you have time to react to the deep ball, step back first then stroke. If you don't have time, choose a safer option such as push or block. 
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 9:17am
Can I have some tips/criticisms on my forehand with Chinese rubber?

Feel like I'm adapting well it's my first session back after an ankle injury :)

https://youtu.be/BJTKeKX3qO8

Edited by SmackDAT - 07/15/2017 at 9:19am
Custom Viscaria 91g
H3 Neo Boosted 41/2.2
T64 2.1
ghostzen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Can I have some tips/criticisms on my forehand with Chinese rubber?

Feel like I'm adapting well it's my first session back after an ankle injury :)

https://youtu.be/BJTKeKX3qO8

A longer Video might be a good idea if you could. Some Drills maybe or something match based just to get a better idea of how things are going. Cracking one off backhand btw !

You playing BL Seniors next year?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

One of the more colorful TT venues, icontek. You often get caught too close to the table on deep balls. Sometimes it causes you try to make a stroke while back peddling and the weight shift in the opposite direction is a power leak and source of inconsistency. If you have time to react to the deep ball, step back first then stroke. If you don't have time, choose a safer option such as push or block. 

Thank you for the feedback. I feel that power leak and struggle with letting the incoming ball dictate my mechanics, rather than choosing a position to receive and approach the ball.

I feel like i should be playing further away from the table than my usual desire to dink / push / drop shot game requires.

I know that 3-4 feet back is where I have time to react to a greater variety of shots and can still apply some pressure, but I've been chided for giving up too much table (and angles) to my opponent. 

By my thinking, it should be easier to move forward than backward. Perhaps I should work on getting into a more neutral, but slightly further back position for both serve receive and immediately after serving?
US1260.RC952 . 2011 maine state champ CLASS B . OSP Virtuoso DHSTG2+CJ8000
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 4:06pm
I'm in blue shirt, opponent uses lp on bh:

Edited by garwor - 07/16/2017 at 4:12pm
Equipment database

Viscaria FL
fh: DHS Skyline neo tg2
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 8:04am
The most fun table tennis tournament in America coming in 2 months in Atlanta. Enjoy our small promo video. Open to all.... Non sanctioned... Great prize money

Edited by naijachief - 07/25/2017 at 8:06am
who no know go know
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 4:23pm
I'm not really planning on making any more threads for our videos, but as it is 10 years now since he started playing on a table, this was us a couple of days back for anyone still interested.

He still plays pretty much every day, but he has hardly played any tournaments for the last 2 years. He will be putting that right next year as he is at the top of the cadet age range with a point to prove.

Tt Gold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 5:15pm
Is he only playing with you?
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 5:43pm
No
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 7:23pm
LIKE. BUTTON. NEEDED.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2017 at 10:20pm
Wow, really impressive!
W6 fl with Illumina 1.8

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 3:42am
Is he still with Genesis ?
Training: Viscaria H3/T05
Matches: TBS Rasant/T05
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 4:28am
Yes. And as he is no longer sponsored by Stiga I can tell it like it is.

It is an incredible rubber, great for looping, but also, if you look after it between playing, it seems to last forever. The sheets he is using now are over 6 months old (playing 5+ times per week) and the topsheet look brand new except for a couple of places where he caught the rubber. I can't understand why more people don't rave about it personally.

My T-4 is still the best sounding blade too.

Edited by JKC - 08/03/2017 at 5:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic