tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Pictures & Videos > Videos

Videos of MYTT Members Playing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 12:55pm
I should rephrase "less wrist, more forearm" to less closed faced contact, more open faced contact which naturally allows more power from the forearm and less spin from the wrist. My closed faced contact over the top of the ball required lots of wrist and friction between rubber and ball.

Edited by heavyspin - 06/13/2017 at 12:56pm
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 4:34pm
heavy, maybe a little more forward motion when doing topspin to topspin...seems you are doing a bh loop for underspin which may make you a little late to the ball. But what do i know...Tongue

Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Custom Stiga Oversize Reproduction 6.1mm 90grams
FH Tibhar MX-P Black
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2017 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

I should rephrase "less wrist, more forearm" to less closed faced contact, more open faced contact which naturally allows more power from the forearm and less spin from the wrist. My closed faced contact over the top of the ball required lots of wrist and friction between rubber and ball.

This has always been my default preference as I find it more powerful snd consistent, though possibly at the loss of speed in certain situations if you cant reload and shorten the stroke.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 202122
  Share Topic