Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

falco long: how many layers with 150 ml?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: falco long: how many layers with 150 ml?
    Posted: 12/06/2012 at 4:11am
Hi guys, I am trying to understand how much it costs to boost a rubber. Does someone know how many times you can boost a rubber with a single bottle of Falco tempo Long  (150 ml)? i.e. how many layers with 150 ml? Thanks
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Sponsored Links

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 4:28am
That depends on how long that one layer lasts. If it is true that 3 layers need to be put on a rubber and then the effect will stay for around 3 months, I firmly believe that one bottle is enough for a rubber for at least 1.5 years, unless it gets worn out. If you use only one or two layers to reboost, it might last even longer.

Maybe applying a single layer will get you the same result but you will have to reboost every month. Take it with a pinch of salt, it is just a guess.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2012 at 7:42am
Falco Tempo Long booster on Boost TC.
First layer on November 27.
Second layer on November 28.
Today, 8 days after the last layer the dome is still there. When the rubber is flat I'll glue it. 
seguso, I estimate that the 150ml bottle is enough for 2 years. 
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2013 at 5:22am
Stavros, do you feel the kick that falco add?

i just tried it 7-8 days after the 3rd layer, rubbers are getting so fast and spin is inreased dramatically. Now my allround bat play incredible,and control is awesome...

how long this effect will last?

also have you tried dandoy booster?

thank you
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 3:08am
The duration of the effect depends on the number of layers you use. 3 layers last for maybe two-three months. Of course you may re-apply. 
I haven't tried dandoy booster.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Falco Tempo Long booster on Boost TC.
First layer on November 27.
Second layer on November 28.
Today, 8 days after the last layer the dome is still there. When the rubber is flat I'll glue it. 
seguso, I estimate that the 150ml bottle is enough for 2 years. 

where can i get falco?

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 3:38am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

where can i get falco?

@ Tabletennis11.com, for example.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
chandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 5:29am
has anyone the feeling that simple Falco is more efficient than long Falco??

i put the same layers and with falco long the rubber did not boost that much as with the simple falco.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 5:31am
Originally posted by chandro chandro wrote:

has anyone the feeling that simple Falco is more efficient than long Falco??

i put the same layers and with falco long the rubber did not boost that much as with the simple falco.

You are right. The effect of Falco Long lasts longer though.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2013 at 5:45am
I get bigger domes with the Long Booster compared to the regular one. The dome takes longer to form though.

To answer seguso's question, the stuff is pretty thin, so a bottle will last you a long time. I know a few people that use it, and they only use it bring back glue-feeling from Tensioned rubbers (Tenergy, bluefire, etc) once they lose it... they only use a single thin layer to bring it back.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 2:12pm
Found this link and it did say that it takes longer time to see the effect.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 8:07pm
On my T05 the effect lasts approx. 1 and a half month. At this moment only one layer is enough to seriously dome the rubber and the rubbers lays flat after 6-7days. One thing bothers me though-I still haven't found out do I have to clean the sponge from the older glue and booster before applying again. I don't clean and the rubber grows heavier and heavier. How do you do it guys?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 12:53pm
Hi Kolev - 

Use the Revolution glue (available from Megaspin). It is very easy to remove this glue (at least if you have 4-6 layers of it on the rubber as this gives the glue layer sufficiently tensile strength to take it off in one swoop).  
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2014 at 1:04pm
What's the best 3 layer application for H3 commercial? I was thinking of doing thin-thick-thin, but I could also do thin-thick-thick.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic