Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

solo training

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
duffdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: solo training
    Posted: 03/19/2006 at 3:54pm

Can you please give me some exercises that I can practise without a partner?

Thank you very much !

Sponsored Links

paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 3:56pm
Without patner and without a robot, you can serve, you can train physic .
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
chops View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 4:02pm
run and sprint, for improving your footwork and endurance.
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 4:37pm
You can make shot imitations ... it is verry usefull
duffdaddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffdaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 5:46pm
shot imitations, that sounds a little ridiculous
dondish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dondish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by duffdaddy duffdaddy wrote:

depends on your level...
u can always watch your top spin techniques in the mirror and find out what has 2 b improved
GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2006 at 6:38pm

Do many squats to help build power.  Also makes your legs springy.

Equipment:
Petr Korbel
Sriver EL
Diederik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diederik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2006 at 10:34am
You can use a play-back bord. If you're a good player it's possible to excercise topspin, service, chop.
Advailable at http://www.vdtt.de/xtcommerce/index.php?cPath=1_36
Or made it by yourself.
GeoZim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoZim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2006 at 11:36am
Practice serves. Buy a bunch of cheap balls and serve to your hearts content.  At my job we have a table and while on night shift during my breaks I practice my serving. I will serve a 100 balls for each type of serve. Skipping is good for the legs.
GeoZim
arielv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arielv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2006 at 1:24pm
Diederik: Interesting, I had never heard of a play-back boad. How does it work? Are you just supposed to angle the board so that it returns your own shots back to your end of the table?
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2006 at 1:42pm
You can do serve training..! but physical is very important..
Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
Diederik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diederik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2006 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by arielv arielv wrote:

Diederik: Interesting, I had never heard of a play-back boad. How does it work? Are you just supposed to angle the board so that it returns your own shots back to your end of the table?

Yes. Example 1: play forehand topspin (looping drive), angle the board so the ball returns.
Example 2: service training: you see the result of the rotation you give.
For other examples see:return brett(In German)
documentation(IN German)
Some video's
arielv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arielv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2006 at 12:14am
Seems very nice

GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2006 at 11:50pm
What exercises can you do to increase waist turning power?  Also how do you stop the waist from becoming circular motion because it dissipates the forward power?
Equipment:
Petr Korbel
Sriver EL
NaDeR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaDeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2006 at 12:54pm
thanks for the vedios    its very good
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2006 at 8:33am

shot imitations, aka shadow play. boxers use it, seen them do the punches in the air? they exercise to build up speed, the same can apply to table tennis. build up endurance, takes time and we can learn a lot from long distance runners, who seem to have explosive power at the end of the race. Now you'd wonder how'd they do that?
malvin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2006 at 8:50am
I think if you have enough strength, footwork and technique down, something you can train is in balance. I can not tell you how often I see good players improve into really good players when they have balance and stability in their positioning.
Racket: Kokutaku Hero Special Shake Hand Limited
FH: Bryce 2.1
BH: Bryce Hard 2.1

Nittaku Tremendous
FH: Xtend Max
BH: Xtend Max
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2006 at 3:03am

Originally posted by malvin malvin wrote:

I think if you have enough strength, footwork and technique down, something you can train is in balance. I can not tell you how often I see good players improve into really good players when they have balance and stability in their positioning.

very good point.  Does your coach give you guys any particular excercises?  Like weight transfering during hitting the ball?  Is that what you mean by balance?  As in balance transfer?

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2006 at 3:04am

Can you please give me some exercises that I can practise without a partner?

Thank you very much !

How about using a cheap robot?
http://members.aol.com/ttoutpost1/Poor_Mans_Robot.htm
joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2006 at 1:37pm

Originally posted by GantZ GantZ wrote:

What exercises can you do to increase waist turning power?  Also how do you stop the waist from becoming circular motion because it dissipates the forward power?

Ab exercises 3-5 times per week, looping against a chopper as you have to approach most backspin shots and footwork combined with good balance, timing & technique.

JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/999 Chinese sponge
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/Galaxy 9000
joubtt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joubtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2006 at 1:50pm

Gundam, hristo, & malvin are on point.  I use the Shadow style for coaching also as it helps players to envision themselves and breakdown the technique for problem solving and reinforcement of good skills.

JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/999 Chinese sponge
JUIC Hybrid(Fl) w/Galaxy 9000
DatSuKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DatSuKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2006 at 10:06pm
Have a robot? oscillate at frequency lv8 and osc. and lv8 settings 3-5. Very difficult and requires split second footwork.

Shadow practice is the next best thing followed my sprinting and a mile run.
Hard work and self-determination will surpass talent.

Blade-Homemade BirchBalsaBullet (3B JSX)
FH - DHS G666
BH - LKT PRO XT
kmh888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmh888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2006 at 12:35pm

DO some shadow play,

yeah squats are pretty good to improve your leg strength. Whenever you see Wang Liqin play, look at his stance when he plays forehands, his legs are HUGE!

Gatien Extra
FH: Hurricane Provincial
BH: Palio CJ800 Speed

Special thick glue
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2006 at 4:46pm
I also do some shadow play against the mirror and I like it . But please guys, be more careful than me, make sure nobody is watching you. My wife and kids believe I'm a perfect idiot...
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
checkmilu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checkmilu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2006 at 10:09pm
Here is my secret, I create my own robot and partner with zero cost! How??? Just attach my wooden dining table to the wall, then I can serve, flick, third-ball attack, block, reloop...almost any thing. One important thing to notice is that generally the wall with its smooth surface will create anti-spin effect (e.g if you serve back spin, the ball bounces back with top spin) so it's very good if you need to improve your skills against pimples. Also, the ball comes back fast or slow depend on how you hit it, if you hit hard, it'll come back faster than you play against Malin!
milu
diepakm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diepakm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 12:37am
how to make practise board on our own
pls answer me asap
deeptish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeptish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 2:18am
Originally posted by checkmilu checkmilu wrote:

Here is my secret, I create my own robot and partner with zero cost! How??? Just attach my wooden dining table to the wall, then I can serve, flick, third-ball attack, block, reloop...almost any thing. One important thing to notice is that generally the wall with its smooth surface will create anti-spin effect (e.g if you serve back spin, the ball bounces back with top spin) so it's very good if you need to improve your skills against pimples. Also, the ball comes back fast or slow depend on how you hit it, if you hit hard, it'll come back faster than you play against Malin!

I do use the same! but with moderate spin. Highspins will take the ball fly and it would not drop on the table.
Backhand: TSP Spectrol RED
Forehand: Sriver FX Black MAX ;
Butterfly Joneyer-H fL
deeptish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeptish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 2:22am
Presently I am developing my backhand loop-drive (SP).

1. First I let the ball drop on the table and try to hit at TOB.

2. Take the ball at 2nd drop

3. Hit the ball with some topspin to the wall so that after bounce it falls on the table. then I try to drive it.

But I dont have a Net, and not sure if all the shot will fall on the real board.
Backhand: TSP Spectrol RED
Forehand: Sriver FX Black MAX ;
Butterfly Joneyer-H fL
agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 5:17am
Making returndboad youself

1. Take two large blocks of wood in rectangular shape .
2. Put a glue on both of them
3. Get your bad rubbers or collect from others . Get different types also maybe one small block of pimple rubber .
4. Paste them on the wood .
5. Get a Table .Even your dining table is fine .
6. Put a Screw on Wood . Coming Outwards.
7. Get a wooden stick with multiple holes which will allow to put the stick on the screw.
8. (This need some carpenter help) Get a Iron plank which you can attach to your dinning table , which will get fixed to the table , and will contain a tightner , and a screw .
9. Attach the wooden stick to the in a diagonal shape to the board , dinning table screw.
10. For the Middle (to hold both boards) use a Flat holder which will hold the other side of the board . The important thing is that holder should be around L shaped which will allow the both board to rest on it (it will not move backwards when a shot is hit).

11. For top spin keep the angle at 45 downwards to the table . For back spin , bring the board near the net and keep at 45 upwards . Change the angle using the wooden holes.

applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

albert230770 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albert230770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2007 at 8:07am

very interesting DIY...but i not pro to play with the returnboard.

Cypress - 1989 / Bryce - Sep 2005
KTS + Bryce - Sep 2006
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic