Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Adidas Radix Ultimate, Impress and Express Blades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas Radix Ultimate, Impress and Express Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Radix Ultimate, Impress and Express Blades
    Posted: 04/12/2013 at 4:39am
Adidas Radix Ultimate, Express and Impress blades

The Radix blade series are the newest addition in the line of blade products from Adidas. Like the Hypertouch blade which came out last April 1, The Radix blades utilizes the RX-carbon fibers which are composed of carbon interwoven with a high tech material to give blades both the necessary power and at the same time both a soft feeling and great control among the 3 blades. Adidas decided to use hinoki top plies on all 3 blades.

Adidas Radix Express

Speed: Off+

Thickness: 6.2-6.3mm

Plies: 5 wood + 2 rx carbon

Weight: 90 grams

Adidas Radix Ultimate

Speed: Off+

Thickness: 6.9-7mm

Plies: 3 wood + 2 rx-carbon

Weight: 92 grams

Adidas Radix Impress

Speed: Off

Thickness: 5.7-5.8mm

Plies: 5 wood + 2 rx carbon

Weight: 87 grams

Construction

All of the 3 blades have hinoki top plies. As what I have observed, the quality of Adidas blades has been increasingly good since its first production of the v-series blades. Starting with the Hypertouch, Adidas have decreased the size of crystal in the lens and also made the blade finish smoother. Adidas has maintained simple but elegantly designs among its newer blades. Both the Express and Ultimate blades have the rx-carbon on its 2nd layers and the Impress having the carbon at its 3rd layer. Both the Ultimate and Express look like they have a kiri inner core while the Impress looks like it has an ayous middle core. All the 3 blades are balanced in terms of weight distribution when glued with rubbers and don’t feel head heavy at all. The Impress in particular feels light despite its 87 gram weight.

Speed and control

I used the Tenzone and Tenzone ultra for testing the 3 blades. The Radix Ultimate is the fastest among the 3 blades. When I was doing fh to fh and bh to bh drills, the impact of the ball on the blade is very lively. The Express was in between in terms of speed and the Impress is the least speedy but nonetheless fast. In comparison with other blades I have tried. The Ultimate is ion the speed level of a Primorac Carbon. One of my students who have been using a T-11 says he likes this better even if it’s heavier than his previous blades. He claims the Ultimate is as fast as the Black Devil and T-11 but feels better when he hits the ball. The Impress feels like a harder ALC. The hinoki outer plies on the Impress made greater impact on the ball but at the same time it doesn’t feel as hard as other regular carbon blades. Of the 3 blades, the Impress has the most amount of control. Whatever the rx material in the rx-carbon is made of, it adds some degree of softness on ball impact. The Express is the most balanced blade among the 3 in terms of control and speed.

Looping

On regular loops and delayed slow loops, the Impress performs best because of its soft feeling and flex. Its thin construction of 5.6-5.7mm thickness has some sort of impact on its flex and I enjoyed looping with it. The Ultimate excels more on spin drives or whenever you can loop the ball on the rise. It produces very solid shots of spin drives that when I was hitting the ball on the rise against underspin it was very solid on impact and the ball has a sharp trajectory. The Express was surprising because it felt like a photino but with a notch harder feeling. The photino is my favorite bty composite blade and when I have tried the Express, it felt it has a better feeling and has a more solid hitting capacity.

Smashing and counters

Granting you have the control, the Ultimate seems best for smashing and counters mid distance to long distance. The Ultimate is not too stiff or too fast like the Sardius or Schlager carbon blades but the speed margin is not too big. The Impress performed above average in smashing and countering. I was asked on what is the difference between the Hypertouch and Impress blades and I found out while testing that the Hypertouch has a softer feel than the impress because of its softer koto outer plies. I think Adidas designed the Impress for players who play a mixture of smashes and loop while the Hypertouch was designed for players who spin more. Again, the Express is between Impress and Ultimate in the level of smashing and countering. The Express is very balanced in terms of performance when smashing. It may not be as fast as the Ultimate but you would enjoy smashing and doing counters with it.

Drop shots, flicks and blocking

The Impress outdid the 3 other blades in drop shots. Its soft feeling and great control provided for an easy way to do drop shots deep into the table. The Ultimate felt average and you have to make adjustments to control it while the Express performed above average. On flicks, both the Express and Ultimate did very well while the Impress performed above average. On punch blocks and active blocks, the Ultimate and Express are excellent while the Impress shines on passive blocking due to its soft feeling and high control.

These 3 blades where made for the following types of players as what the Adidas Design team was hoping they would fit for:

1.      Ultimate – mix of loops and hard smashes but with more preference to high impact strokes like spin drives and smashes. This is for players who want fast blades but do not wish to have less control and at the same time maintain a degree of soft feeling on the blade. This is a good alternative for traditional carbon blades that are stiff and fast but lacks the feeling.

2.      Impress – for players who wanted a blade that provides a soft feeling but has the necessary hard impact when hitting the ball. This is for players who loop a lot and spin more than they smash. Both the Impress and Express were designed by Adidas for top players. For average and above average players, the Impress will suit an all around style of play.

3.      Express – for players who want balance of speed, control and ability to spin with ease. I particularly enjoyed this blade because it felt closer to a photino in terms of characteristics. All of the 3 blades have excellent feel but im sold to the Express. Its woody feeling never made me adjust to the feel of a composite blade.

The Radix Series all felt good in terms of “touchy feel”. The Hypertouch and the Radix blades all were designed to have good feel on impact providing very good control and not too much on blazing speed. When combined with a Tenzone, if you want a hard rubber, or Tenzone Ultra and P7 if you want a rubber with a softer feel, the 3 blades will not disappoint you depending on your style of play.

[/URL]
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 4:42am
Wow !
I love table tennis
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 5:28am
A 3+2 hinoki with RX? Sold. Adidas, you is crazy. I'll send you my credit card and PIN, just take my money whenever you want.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 5:52am
Well it was just a matter of time for Adidas to present some hino-carbon blades, that was the only thing missing.  This time the colors of the handles aren't that nice, let's see how these blades play. And how much they cost, I suppose it will be again more or less 100 Euro per blade discounts included. I suppose I will give the Ultimate a try.
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 6:09am
I talked with someone from Korea who sell adidas table tennis in Korea about these blade. They said these blade are quite good and the initial sales were good. It seems only available in Asia now. Hope I can see it in Taiwan soon.
I love table tennis
PXiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 8:00am
These look great! I hope I can't wait to see the reviews!
Raden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 8:27am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

A 3+2 hinoki with RX? Sold. Adidas, you is crazy. I'll send you my credit card and PIN, just take my money whenever you want.

Too funny
So little time, so much EJing to do
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 9:54am
im excited with the impress and express, the seem to have flex which is good for looking, im not sure if the ultimate is like amultart
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2013 at 11:30am
Both of these blades look amazing. I just cringe when I think of the possible price tag.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2013 at 7:33am
added more pics

jatienza930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jatienza930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2013 at 2:44pm
nice blades Thumbs Up
BTY TBS FL
T05
T64

My Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=56638&KW=jen&title=jatienza930-buy-sell-feedback
robs75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robs75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2013 at 6:19pm
Does anybody know the price point yet?
Acuda S1 - Butterfly Timo Boll ALC - Hurricane 3
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 2:19am
need to ask for the prices

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 4:19am
Strike carbon ! I heard about this blade and this is the first time I see the picture. Nice looking blade. How does it performance compare with some Butterfly carbon blade ? 
I love table tennis
igsstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igsstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2013 at 5:27am

Strike Carbon is similar to Butterfly Primorac Carbon. The construction is quite similar although there is slight difference. But, the difference is that carbon fiber layer is thinner. It isn't certain that it is thanks to thinner carbon layer, but Strike Carbon is a bit softer than Primorac Carbon. According to Korean forum members who tried Strike Carbon, Strike Carbon is better for topspin. For hard smash, Primorac Carbon is a bit better. However, that isn't serious difference because both of Strike Carbon and Primorac Carbon are very fast and very hard. Even though Strike Carbon is softer "than Primorac Carbon", still Strike Carbon is very hard blade, and for that reason it is very good for hard smash. On the contrary, the "a bit softer feeling" can be noticeable advantage in topspin.

Edited by igsstern - 04/14/2013 at 8:57am
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2013 at 10:29am
Hi Yogi, when will you post your review for these great looking blade ? 
I love table tennis
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 12:31am
either tonight or tomorrow

PXiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 6:53am
looking forward to it!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 8:46am
Remind me, are these the only new Adidas blades with RX carbon, or is there another series as well?  Also, given that they have hinoki as outer ply, how would this play compared to a blade with koto?

Edit.  Just want back and checked, the Hypertouch has RX carbon and has koto outer ply.  I wonder how different these will be?

Edited by Baal - 04/18/2013 at 8:50am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 8:30pm
reviews added

Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 9:57pm
Thank you for the great review!
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 10:13pm
So which is your favorite between the Express and the Hypertouch?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 4:09am
i would go with the express because of my preference to having a more balanced approach on both spin drives and looping. the hypertouch however in my opinion loops better

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 4:19am
Very nice review !
I love table tennis
fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 4:20am
Yogi, do you think these blades are also good for Chinese rubber on FH ? Which one will be the best for Chiense rubber ?
I love table tennis
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 4:45am
tested the impress and express blades with a dawei inspirit quattro max today and it matches really well. looping was excellent. im thinking the neo h3 when boosted would also match nicely with either the 2 blades. for slow spinny loops, the impress with a chinese rubber is better, for spin drives using a chinese rubber, the express is better for me.

fsiat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsiat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2013 at 11:54am
Thank you
I love table tennis
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2013 at 8:17pm
tried the impress and express with the neo h3 commercial. all i can say is both have very good feel on impact and they loop so good. its liek viscaria but better for the express and the impress is an upgraded version of the alc tb. the ultimate when paired with a hard rubber is very fast and enjoyable far from the table if you counter a lot. i used tenzone with the ultimate

PXiao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2013 at 8:26pm
where can we get it?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2013 at 4:05am
dunno if nexy and iruiru has them already

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic