Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy New blade, Arirang.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy New blade, Arirang.
    Posted: 04/18/2013 at 5:55am
Hello everyone,

Nexy company will raunch new blade again soon which name is "ARIRANG".

*Hinoki surface and aramid carbon layer*

Arirang is a song name of Korean old folk song.
It has deep sorrow in the lyrics, and the composition of the blade symbolize the meaning of the lyrics, by limiting the impact touch of the ball deeper inside.

When I design a blade, I carefully decide on what depth I will put the touch of the impact.
And regarding Arirang, I intentionally located it deeper than any other Nexy's blades, because that's what Arirang has in itself.

So, the feeling is oppressed, not to be prominant.

The song is saying that...

I will let you leave me, and wish a farewell, if you want to leave me.
But on the way to somewhere from me, while you walk on mountain valleys,
you will get hurt on your legs.

So, this song is showing a lady who is weeping at the news of her lover's leaving her,
and she only wishes good luck to him,
but insdie her deeply hurt mind,
she is praying that he might fall and get hurt on his legs.

This may seem humorous for other country people's eyes,
but from Korean people, we can feel the deep bitterness from one woman,
who can not do anything but wishing this bad luck,
when her love tells that he would leave her.

And the sorrow, based on frustration, should be the one character I need to show with ARIRANG blade.
I wish you would love this feature.

*Ths is song of Arirang*
Thank you.

Edited by nexy.com - 04/18/2013 at 6:05am
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
Sponsored Links

Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 8:58am
Looks nice!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 10:31am
Awesome. I am so looking forward to this.

I'm a bit confused about where the carbon ply is though. In the pictures above, it's right behind the top ply. But in igsstern's pics in the Clan thread, it looks like it's next to the core:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47778&PID=711819&title=nexy-clan
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 1:59pm
I am also confused on the placement of the composite layer.   Some photo's show it in 2 different areas as Andy has pointed out.   Maybe some of the pics are from prototypes?
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 2:53pm
Considering the most recent talk from Mr. Moon has been about burying the composite layers deeper in the composition, I'm assuming the carbon is 'below' a couple of plies.
Or maybe not?
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 3:00pm
looks like a 729 V-6. Smile
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 3:04pm
Look forward to the aramid carbon.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Considering the most recent talk from Mr. Moon has been about burying the composite layers deeper in the composition, I'm assuming the carbon is 'below' a couple of plies.
Or maybe not?

Indeed, that's what he said and it can be see in this picture taken from the review on the hhtabletennis forum:

However, this picture posted above by nexy.com looks different:

These are probably different prototype Arirangs, but which one is the real one?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
weestenosis View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weestenosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 12:12am
How i wish i can test this arirang blade. I want to try out aramid carbon composition. Likt the blue gem stone on it....
Butterfly Amultart cpen

My Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2013 at 4:08am
quality looks very good
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/23/2013 at 3:22pm
Very curious about this blade as well! Please keep up posted :)
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 9:54am
I'm gunna try to visit the Nexy HQ Sat AM and see if it is out, Peter Pan is for sure. I would really like to use this blade in a few upcoming tourneys. Ready to say Bye bye to M. Maze. I had a test on my last trip with both Peter Pan and a prototype of Tibhar Inca, which Pr. Moon says will play similar to what Arirang will be. I liked Inca prototype a LOT with even unfamiliar rubbers. (One side had the new Stiga Tour) Peter Pan had Evolution EL-P and FX-P and was also great feel and spin. I could have taken that Prototype of Inca to a tourney and done every bit as well as I do with TBS. Not a lot of blades I can say that about.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I'm gunna try to visit the Nexy HQ Sat AM and see if it is out, Peter Pan is for sure. I would really like to use this blade in a few upcoming tourneys. Ready to say Bye bye to M. Maze. I had a test on my last trip with both Peter Pan and a prototype of Tibhar Inca, which Pr. Moon says will play similar to what Arirang will be. I liked Inca prototype a LOT with even unfamiliar rubbers. (One side had the new Stiga Tour) Peter Pan had Evolution EL-P and FX-P and was also great feel and spin. I could have taken that Prototype of Inca to a tourney and done every bit as well as I do with TBS. Not a lot of blades I can say that about.

What about your modified Calix II you were so happy with?
Do you still play with it? How does Inca compare?

EDIT: sorry, typos.

Edited by arg0 - 04/25/2013 at 10:09am
Join the Nexy Clan!
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 11:03pm
Any updates on this blade?

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 11:42am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

What about your modified Calix II you were so happy with? Do you still play with it? How does Inca compare?EDIT: sorry, typos.

HAHA. I though I though I had already let out the story that the Calix II I modified is no longer in service due to an unfortunate meeting of the modified Calix II and a certain TT table. That blade was awesome while it lasted. I played some great offensive TT in those 2 months after modifying it to my weight preferences and balance. I was overbrimming with confidence to hit through balls using that blade. Only until now messing around with an old ALL+ class blade do I do that in rallies with confidence. Heavy weight Calix II went down in flames, but it is in a high place in my personal hall of fame.

I am hell on blades, but TT is the greatest sport.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Any updates on this blade?

I am probably the one who is MOST desiring this blade to hit the street.

That is significant in the light that not so long ago, I was really drooling for the Qabod to come out.

Arirang has the balance, feel, and weight (if I apply grip tape and Tibhar Evolution rubber) that fits my desired specs to a T.

Every time I visit NEXY HW, they promise it will be out soon. Last word is sometime in MAY 2013.

Heck, it is May 2013 right now, but may is not over.

if it comes out, I will blindly slap on Tibhar Evo MX-P or EL-X and my $7 BH rubber and go to battle in the upcoming june 1-2 National Open up north just below the DMZ. I got one 3 member team lined up and am looking to form one more team by Monday or Tuesday to finalize my roster.

If Arirang is out by then, I am confident I could slap on my usual rubbers (Tibhar Aurus or Evolution MX-P/EL-X) and not miss a thing, I cannot feel that way about a lot of blades.

I am really eager to see ARIRANG come out, even if I will cover the cool looking gem thing with grip tape. I want my heavy weight and do not care about looking cool with the blade. I got cool looking uniforms for that aspect.

I look forward to go to war with Arirang as much as or as more than anyone on this forum.

I have been mucking around occasionally with an ALL+/OFF- class blade from way back and it forced me to improve rally play and not really miss out on a lot of points.

It seems with every blade I try from NEXY (with the exception of the calix series) I am forced to play more rally style and in the end, it improves my strategic play opening up new tactical possibilities. Of course, I cannot credit the NEXY blades for this, whenever anyone moves from an OFF blade to an ALL+ or OFF- class blade, such a thing is natural to happen.

As much as I pimp NEXY gear, I have always kept the TBS as main weapon as I like the balance and feel and years I have using it. That blade is not easily displaced. Even so, I believe I will score the same points in the upcoming natl open whether I use TBS, Arirang, my old-school OFF- blade, or a Calix II if I can score another one. (Last week I saw a 91 gram one on the shelf)

Whenever Arirang comes out, I had damned well better be one of the first in line or I fail.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 12:03pm
I was in the NEXY HQ when former WR 30ish Kim Jung Hoon (current WR 80ish) was talking with Nexy president about custom making a blade. Pr. Moon had to explain how burning this layer or making this wood this kind of thickness affects the feel and characteristics. KJH settled on a design very similar in weight and thickness and speed (just a tick slower) than Peter Pan blade. KJH and the pros it seems can tell right away the desired weight, frequency of vibration and performance almost from the first hit - amazing how good they can feel out a product and we amatures on the forum take forever to figure this stuff out.

KJH walked off with a boatload of rubbers and blades to use for training and matches. he could tell immediately which one(s) will work and not) amazing how he figures it out so quickly. I waz jealous with all the gear he got, but heck, I am not even 1/1000th the player he is and I get my share of stuff when I ask or when new stuff comes out. I am really more jealous about his athlete lifestyle and training/playing opportunities to work hard and succeed. I chose a military occupation for my family and that is first before my TT aspirations anyway.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 2:21pm
Awful post from Bhman and imo a biased one and showing how things come from manufacturer ass lickers.
The equation pro player= blade expert is a b*sh*t.
I met in the past very good players with little ejing and few blade testing references. And little expertise and experience about blades.
The only part to agree is the one to say that bhman is an amateur testing blades. He is.
And that player is another no one here in the forum.
Have to tell kjh to come in here and read from the master to learn and save time and effort.
This is the second try to introduce supposedly blade expert here.
This forum has already the best expert.

Edited by ejmaster - 05/16/2013 at 2:45pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

Awful post from Bhman and imo a biased one and showing how things come from manufacturer ass lickers.
The equation pro player= blade expert is a b*sh*t.
I met in the past very good players with little ejing and few blade testing references. And little expertise and experience about blades.
The only part to agree is the one to say that bhman is an amateur testing blades. He is.
And that player is another no one here in the forum.
Have to tell kjh to come in here and read from the master to learn and save time and effort.
This is the second try to introduce supposedly blade expert here.
This forum has already the best expert.

You are hands down the funniest guy on this forum, or the most disillusioned guy on this forum... or both. Smile

Edited by Pondus - 05/16/2013 at 3:58pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 3:24pm
It is good to joke a little Pondus.

Didn't you realize Nexy and grateful partners trying to manipulate things did you. rsrsrs.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2013 at 11:46pm
You can say what you want about ejmaster but has he ever said a blade was good when it wasn't or a blade bad when it wasn't...? Not in my living memory. For me that's more important than his pompous writings

Edited by bluebucket - 05/16/2013 at 11:46pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 12:30am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

You can say what you want about ejmaster but has he ever said a blade was good when it wasn't or a blade bad when it wasn't...? Not in my living memory. For me that's more important than his pompous writings

I tend to forget quickly: has he ever said that a blade was good? Wink
In general, I like when he makes polite and constructive criticism, but more often he's just plain harsh .
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 12:32am

I am probably the one who is MOST desiring this blade to hit the street.
That is significant in the light that not so long ago, I was really drooling for the Qabod to come out.
Arirang has the balance, feel, and weight (if I apply grip tape and Tibhar Evolution rubber) that fits my desired specs to a T. [...]

BH-Man, when you get to try it, we're looking forward to a comparison between Arirang and Inca. The two blades apparently share some similarities.
Join the Nexy Clan!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 2:02am
Yep, I am an amateur and a cheerleader, but a sincere one at least. I was serious about KJH. He was really asking Pr. Moon about how this changed that and didn't seem to know already, but KJH could spot a deficiency with a blade just by tapping it on his head and by the 3rd hit. KJH got the feel for it for sure. I had a 5 min hit with him and he could flip the switch on this topspin and this dead hit and this tempo change and could spot my stroke flaws the first minute.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2013 at 11:10am

I tend to forget quickly: has he ever said that a blade was good? Wink In general, I like when he makes polite and constructive criticism, but more often he's just plain harsh .

Bluebucket is very right in his post
It is what it is. And it is the inteligent way to get things.
This is the atitude arg0 and not sweeting against reality.
I know you and bh are nice guys.
Just a little weak against the dark side influence.
The sweeting dark side.
EJ Club.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 12:50pm
Question to Nexy or to Arirang owners: Does this blade require a coat of sealant on it (given it's Hinoki outers)?

Also, what are the 2nd and 3rd wood layers? Ayous and Kiri? Out of which only Kiri is burnt?

Danke.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 1:07pm

I tend to forget quickly: has he ever said that a blade was good? Wink
In general, I like when he makes polite and constructive criticism, but more often he's just plain harsh .

From memory he likes the Rosewood V, Yeo, The Butterfly soft composites, Stiga allround evolution, Stiga V1, Yasaka extra etc. You couldn't say any of those are not a great blade, in fact 100% of them have won major international championships
hungfu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Question to Nexy or to Arirang owners: Does this blade require a coat of sealant on it (given it's Hinoki outers)?

Also, what are the 2nd and 3rd wood layers? Ayous and Kiri? Out of which only Kiri is burnt?

Danke.

I put 1 thin coat of minwax wipe on poly satin on outer layer just to be safe. I've already taken rubbers off the blade once, and it's nice that all the glue stuck to the rubber and not on the blade. I'm using haifu wbg.
Currently using Arirang:
FH: Joola Rhyzm 425 2.0
BH: Joola Maxxx 400 2.0
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2013 at 1:40pm
i take it the test blades are are all sold now.. :( kinda wanted to participate :P
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2013 at 7:30pm
Arirang is now listed on nexy.com here.
Note that, in the pictures on that page, the composite layer of Arirang is immediately under the outer ply and not adjacent to the core, where testers have reported it is.
I feel Nexy should shed light on this issue once for all.

Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic