Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Racket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thehafenator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thehafenator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Racket
    Posted: 05/14/2013 at 7:26pm
I have been playing for a while with rubber from this racket, on a stiga blade. (The DHS blade broke)   http://www.amazon.com/DHS-Tennis-Racket-Paddle-Racquets/dp/B001IZXO4A/  It works, however, it is starting to fall apart. Which racket would you recommend (or website to put blades and rubbers together) for a pesron like me who does not want to spend a lot on a racket? I seen online companies claiming that their rackets are good, and I wanted a second opinion.
Sponsored Links

808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 12:44am
What is your actual budget? Style of play? Is your Stiga blade falling apart too?

My approach would be to invest in a good blade and use inexpensive rubber
antimatter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antimatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 1:45am

I suggest you not to use any pre-compiled racket although actually  I am using one currently. Some of them may be not bad but they would be expensive. 

You could try some Sword, Yinhe and Sanwei blades and rubbers which is not expensive for you. Their cheap blades are not in the greatest level but they are much cheaper than expensive BTY and Stiga blades and their quality would be enough for most amateur players. 729-02, 729-08 and Palio CJ8000 are also good rubbers for those who want to keep the budget low. DHS-H3 rubber is very popular in China for forehand and it's only 68 CNY. But at least in Chinese market, the quality of DHS products are getting worse and worse after the privatization, especially after Li-Ning bought DHS. They rely on the huge fame of DHS products in the past and their marketing but the quality is becoming worse and worse.  Their 6-star racket is just a trash while many consumers thought that it worth such a price due to the fame of the brand. I am not sure whether the quality of H3 is good in Western Market but I would not choose any DHS products in the near future.

反物质乒乓底板

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thehafenator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 9:07am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thehafenator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 9:09am
I am an all around player , shakehand, with a block, attack style.
I am not wnating to spend more than 40 dollars.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thehafenator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 9:15am
No, the stiga blade is not falling apart, the rubber was not previously owned by me, and it was mistreated before I received it. So the racket works, except  there are some "Dead" spots on the the racket that are not always consistent for distance, and some spots on the rubber that do not give the same amount of spin.
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 4:14pm
I suggest something from colestt.com you should be able to come up with a custom paddle within your budget
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic