FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Clipper Clipper Clipper!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipper Clipper Clipper!!!
    Posted: 10/03/2013 at 4:01am
Up until now, I've no idea there are so many variations of the famous Stiga Clipper blades.  There are: Clipper Wood, Clipper WRB, Clipper Classic, Clipper CR Non-WRB, Clipper CR WRB, and probably a few more that I don't even know as I am already confused by so many variations.  Even my train (BART) ticket is also called Clipper Wacko

Just what are the differences between each of them?  Which Clipper does Liu Guoliang and Kasumi Ishikawa use?

Anyone have any insights please enlighten me, thank  you.

Edited by liulin04 - 10/03/2013 at 4:02am
Sponsored Links

vutiendat1337 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vutiendat1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 5:10am
I am pretty sure Kasumi uses Clipper CR non-wrb. Most of the chinese youngster use this version as well, at least up till the time they joined the men's team and step up their game, then I see a lot of them go ahead and change their blades
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
Feedback me
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 8:27am
there are actually 3 clippers: wood, cr, and CC. wrb refers to the handle, means hollow.

wood is off, cr is off+, CC I think even faster.

Yes, I think clipper is the best blade for close to table players... especially counterloop is great, block is great, opening loop is low and spinny. and it has enough power against dead balls, without being hard.

I tried about a dozen clippers and I can tell you the stiffness of clipper varies a lot. Much depends on the handle; the weight does not matter for stiffness. pick straight handle for stiffer.

Edited by seguso - 10/03/2013 at 8:29am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2013 at 8:40am
i think the clipper cr is bet off and off+ its not a true off+ in terms of speed, the clipper cc is the off+ but i dont think its too fast
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 1:18am
Liu G. used Avalox p700 but mostly he used Clipper Wood from the 80s black writing
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 5:28am
In my eyes the old Cilpper Wood blades of the 80's are much better than the actual versions. There are lots of differences, for example in the veneer-quality (harder and longer stored), the kind of glueing (warm bone-glue) and also in the thickness (6,2 mm = thinner). Although the head was smaller (my Bengtsson Clipper from 1982 has a headsize of 15,2 x 14,5 cm), these blades had a weight between 90 and 105g. It should be clear, that the feeling is different to the "modern" clipper. That doesn't mean, that all modern Clipper have a bad quality, but if you have the chance to get an old version: take it.
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 5:42am
I have 2 clipper (UTC and Bengtsson) black lenses lower 90gr. They are powerfull and with an excellent control but the feeling is some softer than the one of the actual ones even if they are of 6.5-6.7 mm. (normally is 7.0mm).
Also I have 3 clippers BLs over 95gr and 6.2mm that have similar feeling and speed but more control than the actual ones. Perhaps it is motivated by the weight.

The feeling of the some clippers from 90's (red or red/yellow lenses) around 7.0mm is harder than the one of the actual ones imo.

A curiosity..there exist clippers form 90's red lenses with 5.5mm and less!!
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 9:25am
not to mention all Ma Long bladed from Dhs are pretty much clippers
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2013 at 9:46am
I just recently picked up a penhold Clipper Classic.

It's an OFF rating and stiff, fast pace suits my short pip game perfectly. I can tell I really like it. At this very moment I tend to hit the ball just a pinch long too much for my taste but I know that's me having to adjust for the extra speed it gives.

All in all I'm very pleased with it.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

In my eyes the old Cilpper Wood blades of the 80's are much better than the actual versions. There are lots of differences, for example in the veneer-quality (harder and longer stored), the kind of glueing (warm bone-glue) and also in the thickness (6,2 mm = thinner). Although the head was smaller (my Bengtsson Clipper from 1982 has a headsize of 15,2 x 14,5 cm), these blades had a weight between 90 and 105g. It should be clear, that the feeling is different to the "modern" clipper. That doesn't mean, that all modern Clipper have a bad quality, but if you have the chance to get an old version: take it.
+1
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
Hansi Blocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansi Blocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 6:41am

I like the old clipper from the 1980's very much.

Here is my one from 1984 Smile

crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 12:31pm
its a beauty looks really nice and solid
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
pryde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pryde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 12:33pm
one more clipper, CRW7
clipper rosewood 7, only for china market
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 12:49pm
There's also been a 9-ply Clipper.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 1:24pm
Here are some pictures of my old Clipper from 1982:

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 1:30pm
I use a PG7, and I had people say that it looks like an old clipper but the center ply in the PG7 is thicker than the old clippers, it is about the same thickness as the older clippers tho.
Shifter
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 7:15pm
Also, I can go from my PG7 to my MM with out much adjustment. I think it is because of the outer ply of Limba.
Shifter
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 2:16am
The was also another Clipper oversize that was introduced at the beginnings of 40mm ball and another clipper hypertech 35°/45°
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Davey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 3:07am
Original and the best Clipper like its brothers the Allround and Offensive Classic are my favourite.
The Cr has a hollow handle and the CC has two layers of carbon powder. The original is my favourite.
David
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:49am
i didn't really feel the carbon in the clipper cc but it felt stiffer. other brands have a clipper construction also kike the adidas challenge speed which is somewhat faster but the feel isn't as hard as that of the clipper cr or cc
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic