Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Viscaria FL first series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viscaria FL first series
    Posted: 10/05/2013 at 3:30pm
Hello,

Please pay attention this thread is not an auction! I am looking for info and will not answer on offers.

I have Viscaria from the First Series (FSwith a black tag, sharp lens, no serial and separated FL (~1993-96). I have been playing with it for the last year. The blade has a really good feel, but this version of handle is thin for me. Last week I've got Viscaria also black tag no serial, but not with a sharp lens (Old series ~98-99).After I've played a while I decided to trade/sell the FS blade. Here I need your help.

1. There are two versions of Viscaria FS: ST & FL. Two of them hard to find... Why ST version is more expansive/valuable? 
  2. What is the difference in price between FS vs. Old series of two FL? If the blades are in the same condition.
  3. I was looking for information about cost of my blade, and it's not easy at all. I found only 2...
  • In this thread asking for slightly used FS 400€ Wacko
  • On Ebay new one were sold for 430$
  • My FS  is in used condition and I would like to know  what is the reasonable price for my blade? Please see pics for condition below and Dropbox.

Old Viscaria handle comparison:

Viscaria first series. 

Sponsored Links

Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2013 at 4:19pm
HeySmile

I also felt that confused some time ago...here are my thoughts and opinion:

1.: The ST version of the Viscaria wasn´t produced very long and there are not so many existing compared to the flared version. Finding one of it is not easy (and mostly expensive).

2.: Depends on the person looking for it and of course the condition.  They mostly won´t have the exactly the same condition. Many people are looking for an old version Vis FL in general. Many don´t know there was the version with the sharpened lense (very first series).

3.: The asking price of the quoted thread is (very) high for that used one. It has been sealed with something very shiny and if you want to get that away it will lose the print (if you like/dislike the print is another question). Up to now that blade has not been sold. IMO the asking price is too high. The ebay one was absolutely new and unplayed...that is a rarity! If one should bid that much is another point...but someone did;-)

Some months ago I was offered that first version flared Vis...aksing price 100€. It wasn´t expensive (in comparison) but had some bigger damages. I waited and couldn´t decide...one day later it was sold. So I am still searching...as you knowWink

TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 12:33am
Hi, I'm a new member. I thing the first series of Viscaria is a 'red line' one. Please take a look!!
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 4:40am
Originally posted by TKMP TKMP wrote:

Hi, I'm a new member. I thing the first series of Viscaria is a 'red line' one. Please take a look!!
first time i have seen this red strike handle...i wonder where the production was made...anyway, are you sure that your FL and ST both have Koto outers?
what bothers me is also the 4vs5 color change on some of this viscarias...look at the two above...5 color change...yours 4 color change from the top to the last layer glued on the blade

Edited by emihet - 10/06/2013 at 4:43am
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 4:47am
what i mean is:
first picture of both flared blades: beige, white, blue, white (yellowship offwhite), beige
your FL picture looks: beige, red, white(yellowish,offwhite), beige
but your straight has 5 layers: beige, white, blue, white, beige

...can i ask where you bought the Viscaria with the red handle?
If you lift the black metal tag? are there Japanese characters behind it?

sorry for all the questions
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:05am
Dear emihet. Both of them are made in japan. The red one is supper rare for first version of Viscaria. I took 4 years and found only 2 of them, and can get only one.

Edited by TKMP - 10/06/2013 at 1:04pm
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:07am
And this ones too.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:32am
TKMP - as a new member with a great old blades I am sure you will be here for a long, so - it will be interesting for us if you just answer in this topic the main question :
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63008&PN=1&title=reason-for-your-nickname-in-mytt
Second - thank you very much for your sharing of these blades Viscaria. I have never seen red lines colored Viscaria. Do you know which year is started the 1st seria Viscaria blades like yours?
And what is the price of this blade?
One man paid 430 USD for the 2nd version....
This blade may cost 1000 USD for the same man!

Edited by kolevtt - 10/06/2013 at 1:26pm
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

TKMP - as a new member with a great old blades I am sure you will be here for a long, so - it will be interesting for us if you just answer in this topic the main question :
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63008&PN=1&title=reason-for-your-nickname-in-mytt
Second - thank you very much for your sharing of these blades Viscaria. I have never seen red lines colored Viscaria. Do you know which year is started the 1st seria Viscaria blades like yours?
And what is the price of this blade?
One man paid 430 USD for the 2nd version....
This blade may cost 1000 USD for the same man!

Hi, kolevtt.  I am a real new member for this web(2-3weeks), have only less than ten time to visit this web.  And thank you for your suggestion.
I'm not sure what year when this first series are issue, perhaps 1996's and distributed limit in zone Asia(like Kong Linghui Premium).  The price is ....(top-secretTongue)
I saw that blade on ebay too.

Edited by TKMP - 10/06/2013 at 11:34am
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:11am

In my opinion in this pic.....second and third version of viscariaSmile
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:21am
TKMP, if you don't want to tell us the basis for your nickname on that other thread, it is certainly not required.
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

TKMP, if you don't want to tell us the basis for your nickname on that other thread, it is certainly not required.

OK, thank you for your kindness.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 12:28pm
I have never seen a red line one either.  I once owned a first series one though, but the handle was really thin.  Distinctly more flexible than the newer ones.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 1:34pm
TKMP - do you think it is possible the handles of your Viscaria just to be handles of Moonbeam with imported Viscaria logo ? Some special made blades have their changes.
For example - Mizutani Special Carbon is made with the handles of M.Maze ALC.
Primo Powerfeeling and Euro 5 are with the same handles too, I think.
Even Butterfly Retriever is with handles near to these of a Moonbeam.
Thank you once again for your pictures and please - just answer in the topic about reason for your nickname that I gave you link in my last post here. Lot of forum members posted there and the discussion there is more than great. Thumbs Up
(I will suppose your nickname comes from Tibor KlaMPar, or may be from Timo, Koji, Masato and Petr, your favorite players) Big smile
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by TKMP TKMP wrote:

I saw that picture before - I´ve looked it up: it was discussed before within the forum:

Up to now I only saw that "red handle" Vis within the above picture (see the other two threads). Of course I do not know for sure. But I do not believe that this is some kind of very first version Viscaria. Either this was a very very limited prototype. Or (like presumed above by kolevtt) this could be a DIY handle as it looks exactly like the Moonbeam handle. Such a custom handle is possible. If the forehand of the blade in that picture has a red arylate layer instead of the blue a/c layer, this blade should be a thing like the custom KLHS. If so, I would be curious to see a picture of the red arylate layer.

I just checked an old catalogue from 1994 - both very first version Viscaria (blue coloured handle, sharpened lense) and Moonbeam next to each other. The Moonbeam handle looks exactly the same like the "red coloured handle" Viscaria above (apart from the lense).

Edited by Dean - 10/06/2013 at 3:17pm
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 5:35pm
it makes sense...because the top wood layer on the Viscaria with red handle looks like a top layer of Moonbean or Keyshot or Biside...
mion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 6:12pm
Dear TKMP,
I think that you need to open new thread there you can talk about your RED HOT Viscaria. Here I've asked  some questions(really important for me) and from 15 answers only one relates to my question. You have a great blade, but please make other thread with it. Thank you for understanding.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:15pm
Sorry your thread got hijacked by what may well be a fake blade.

In response to you question, they made so few ST Viscarias, they are valuable by simple supply and demand.  I have never actually seen one in North America, although I know they exist.  They can get a lot of money if you can find someone willing to part with one.

Your FS is also rare, but it is a bit nicked up.  A lot of people prefer the OS because of the handle.  SOme other people (Emihet, EdwardNovak) would know more than me about the usual price for such a thing, but I would guess 200 USD would be the top end for yours.  In the end, though, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  You can't auction a blade here, but you can on Ebay.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:31pm

In response to you question, they made so few ST Viscarias, they are valuable by simple supply and demand.  I have never actually seen one in North America, although I know they exist.  They can get a lot of money if you can find someone willing to part with one.

Your FS is also rare, but it is a bit nicked up.  A lot of people prefer the OS because of the handle.  SOme other people (Emihet, EdwardNovak) would know more than me about the usual price for such a thing, but I would guess 200 USD would be the top end for yours.  In the end, though, it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.  You can't auction a blade here, but you can on Ebay.
I would say start at $200 and be willing to go down if you can't sell it but it all depends of the extent of damage on it...it may be worth that much for someone who uses that exact blade and around the same weight...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:50pm

It doesn't have to be a fake. It juts might be that Butterfly did some first production runs with same types of handle (plies, color) they used in Moonbeam, then decided to do different colors to distinguish the blades.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 8:59pm
That's why I used the word "may".  It doesn't have to be a fake blade.  It could be.
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:34pm
Hi mion
I'm sorry to disturbing your thread.  Hope you forgive me.
rizakenate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rizakenate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2013 at 11:43pm
oh yeah Thumbs Up
Davey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2013 at 11:08pm
The new ,"Viscaria", is the Zhange Zhike which has a thicker handle-I have it its a class blade.
David
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2013 at 12:01pm
Which one do you have, the one with the Blue Dragons, or one of the newer ones?
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2019 at 9:23pm
Wooww very nice ,but had never seen it again too.
Any update on this ?

Who from there , might know someone who has this super rare blade new ?

The red viscaria 

It would be a miracle if it could happen!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic