FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Free Nexy blades testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Nexy blades testing
    Posted: 12/01/2013 at 3:33am
If you're based in Europe and would like to test any of my Nexy blades, send me a PM reply in this thread.

I can currently offer for testing:
- Lissom ST
- Calix II FL
- Amazon ST
- Peterpan ST
- Inca ST
- Arirang ST
- Kanaph ST
- Zealot ST
- Olam ST
- Higgs ST

Testers need to have a sound history of posting in this forum or somebody who can vouch for them. I can pay shipping costs to tester, tester ships it back or on to the next tester. Shipping only by registered/traceable mail.

After testing, please post a review in the corresponding review thread. See this post for links.

Note: This testing is was limited to Europe, first. If you live in another continent, you can still sign up, but I'll run the European leg first and then decide according to the requests. If most of the requests come from another continent (North America, anyone?) I may decide to run the test there, first. So feel free to sign up from anywhere!

Edited by arg0 - 01/12/2016 at 4:01pm
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2013 at 3:34am
These are the current lists of testers:

Tibhar Inca
- Magic_M (DE)
- Peter C (UK)
- mg (LU)
- ttping85 (FR)
- Marvel64 (IT)

- eecrive (IT)
- t64t64t64 (BG)

Nexy Calix II
- mg (LU)
- mpengyou5 (FR)

Calix II no longer available for testing.

Nexy Peterpan
- Marvel64 (IT)
Peterpan no longer available for testing.

Nexy Kanaph
- Magic_M (DE)
- Peter C (UK)

Nexy Lissom
(Lissom currently unavailable)
- 109eh

Nexy Arirang
(I may run this test after the Inca and Calix II tests are over, for the moment I am still testing it myself)
=== EU
- t64t64t64 (BG)
=== outside EU
- regiz.rugenz (CA, USA)

Edited by arg0 - 02/11/2015 at 12:00am
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2013 at 3:35am
post 3 is reserved
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2013 at 1:25am
I'm ready to send out the Inca today to Magic_M, who will send it to Peter C after testing.

If I manage, I'll also send the Calix II to mg, today. mg, feel free to keep it until you get the Inca, if you want to do a comparative test.

The Lissom is currently being tested at my coach's club, so I cannot say when I'm getting it back.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Marvel64 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marvel64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 8:42am
Hallo Oliver,
I'm Maurizio. As you suggested, I'm here as new nexy tester Wink.
As you know, I've had several Nexy (Calis, Qabod, Amazon, Lissom, Color) and I really appreciate this great brand.
If possible, I would be included in the Inca tester list. I am very interested in Peterpan also, which is probably more suited to my game style.
Thanks in advance
Ciao caro
Maurizio

Edited by Marvel64 - 12/12/2013 at 8:43am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 1:21am
Welcome Maurizio,
it looks like quite a number of members of tennis-tavolo.com have started posting here as well.
You're in for the Inca testing.
As to the Peterpan, that's indeed a great all wood blade. I'm not offering mine for testing at present, because I still play with it from time to time. But keep an eye on this thread.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 6:27pm
Hello all,
where are the Calix II and Inca now?

For those who tested them already, please post your impressions in the Nexy Calix II review thread and the Tibhar Inca review thread. Thanks.

Join the Nexy Clan!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 7:59pm
I currently have the inca for testing.
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 7:15am
I still have the Calix II, tested it once with Gewo Reflexx Speed (black max) and Tibhar 5Q (red max), didn't like the combo that much especially on the FH-side and will try with different rubbers this week before giving an opinion and sending it to the next tester. 

Edited by mg - 01/15/2014 at 7:17am
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 8:22am
Last week I had a second session with the Calix II and now I can share some impressions since I don't think I will have the time to play it more. Like I said the first 2 hours were a bit of a dissapointment because the rubbers I have chosen (Reflexx Speed black max and 5Q red max) didn't feel that good especially the Gewo rubber (which is actually a good one) on the FH-side. The blade offers a nice direct feeedback and is definitely OFF, quite fast when you hit hard. For some reason I had problems getting enough spin on the ball and shots were often too long, only blocking was OK. It's true that I played for a first time after a 5-week break but it just didn't feel right.
So I decided to change the strategy and put a new H3 Neo (commercial) 2.15 black max on the FH and a lightly used Sigma Euro red max on the BH.  This setup felt much better, I gained enough control on the FH-side and the spin was there, BH-shots also worked better because the Sigma is harder than the 5Q and I prefer harder rubbers (and I am a rather BH-oriented player). I didn't have any serious issues and adjusted quite fast to this setup, although I can't say that was able to play my best after such a short time. Overall I can say that Calix II offers a nice build quality (and it should be like that given the price), FL handle feels good and gluing/taking off rubbers is easy and safe (no idea if the blade was sealed by its owner). Still I would't  buy one to play it, it's just not what I expected it to be. I would like to thank arg0 for giving me the chance to test the blade, I will send the Calix II to the next tester as soon as possible.

Edited by mg - 01/20/2014 at 8:25am
My feedback:

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2014 at 12:04pm
arg0, please take me off the list. Too many blades-rubbers, not enough time. Good luck to all the testers.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2014 at 8:02am
mg, thanks for your report. Indeed, I sealed the Calix II, but only very slightly. Actually, the outer surface was nice and smooth even before. I also had the problem of getting enough spin on my shots with Calix II, but this is a problem I have with all stiff blades, as I tend to play with hard rubbers. This is why I still prefer my flexible ALL+/OFF- blades.

JimT, you're off the list now. If you change your mind, feel free to apply again any time.

Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2014 at 1:39am
Not sure I am ready to send my Arirang around, but for the moment I am tentatively accepting requests. If you're based in Europe and interested in testing Arirang, sign up here.
I already know t64t64t64 is interested.

Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2014 at 2:29am
Thats correct :")
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2014 at 10:24am
I have tested the Inca twice so I'm ready to send it to the next person on the list, I suppose that would be ttping85.
My feedback:

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2014 at 1:27pm
yes it should be my turn. It's still same address as usual. If you don't have it anymore I can send it to you per email or pm.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 1:13am
I've managed to acquire a second Peterpan ST. It had a few dings, but I repaired them. So now I'm ready to send it out to interested testers. Marvel64 is already on the list. Anyone else is interested?
Join the Nexy Clan!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 8:58am
arg0

you fixed it? can I get it back? :)
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

arg0

r u serious? I thought you had moved on to a new "THE ONE"...
Join the Nexy Clan!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

arg0

r u serious? I thought you had moved on to a new "THE ONE"...

Peterpan was "THE ONE" till it brake. after I had to look for new "THE ONE" .. I wouldn't buy Avalox if Peterpan didn't brake :)
mpengyou5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpengyou5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2014 at 7:05pm
thank you arg0 for the opportunity.

hello who is next tester for calix 2.

i will soon take a little bit time to post my impression.
i just can say right now i need more training to use this beauty.
i feel like the blade have great potential. It demand more good technique and i have to hit hard the ball to feel the blade.
 it is like the blade can do... but i have to find how.

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2014 at 10:24pm
hi Oliver,

could you add me also for Nexy Arirang?

Iv'e read a few review that only got me tempted to learn more about the blade. And perhaps any of your other blades that comes with ST handle. Though I could use an FL but the hand is kinda picky on flared ones. 

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 03/08/2014 at 10:26pm
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2014 at 5:09am
The Calix II test phase has ended. Thanks to all participants.

Regiz, I am currently running the testing phase in Europe only. After the testing is completed, I may consider running a US-leg if there are sufficient requests. For now I'll tentatively put you on the list.
Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2014 at 5:13am
Argo do you mind sharing in public differences  between Violion and nexy Lissom?

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Argo do you mind sharing in public differences  between Violion and nexy Lissom?
Sure. Very quicky: they both have White Ash outer plies, but the construction is very different. Violin is 5-ply; Lissom is a 7-ply, but the inner 3 plies have parallel veneers, so it feels more like a reinforced 5-ply. Violin is more elastic than Lissom; Lissom feels softer and has longer dwell time. Soft blocks are easier with Violin, directional precision (control) is higher with Lissom, especially at higher speed. Balance (neutral) and speed (ALL+/OFF-) are comparable: both shine close to the table, but from mid distance or further you'll need to put in a lot of energy to get speed. They both vibrate distinctly, but the feel is different and unique to each.
Regular Violin has a thin ST handle with rounded corners. For average sized hands and up, I'd recommend Violin ST L-size handle, which has a similar cross section but is thicker. Lissom has an average size, slightly flat and boxy ST handle.
Hope that helps.
Join the Nexy Clan!
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 5:31am
Thank you Arg0,indeed i found a feel of Violin unique .

Yes it may lack power but ,if you have a good techniq relying on your body and proper strokes i found it can be very fast. i Like the crispiness of violin,maybe i will give one day try to lissom.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2014 at 8:11am
In my eyes: top-descripton from Arg0.   

I can confirm his impressions. Lissom is another fine Nexy-blade, and with modern rubbers it is fast enough for most of us.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2014 at 11:29am
Just wanted to say that the Inca is on its way (or maybe arrived) to Marvel64 (IT). I will post my review soon. 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2014 at 6:00am
I just posted my review in the Tibhar Inca review thread. 
eecrive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eecrive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2014 at 10:36am
wanna try the Inca, thnx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic