Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Ruforal Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Ruforal Review
    Posted: 01/11/2014 at 7:35pm

Nittaku Ruforal Review

I just got this blade today along with the Nittaku Renanos Soft rubber from tt-Japan and it came in 4 days. Here is my review of this blade. I review this blade with that rubber which is a soft OFF rubber with some speed glue effect. I glue the rubber and blade together with rubber cement. Oddly the rubber expanded very much. Also this blade is a one ply hinoki (9mm) ...now I came become a part of the single ply hinoki cub!!!Party

Feel- this blade is a one ply hinoki blade that is 9mm think. Hinoki blades are known for their great feel because of the softish wood. This blade lives up to the standards. Great feel on all shots. Also the handle is very comfortable, which would go along with the feeling in my handLOL

Touch play- Touch play with this blade is amazing, probably because of the great feel. I could do almost everything in the short game with this blade! But there was some problems... I felt the blade had a large catapult effect and it was sometimes hard to get spin on pushes because of this. But everything else was fine and blocks were very good, I felt I could put them anywhere, short, long, on any side.

Hitting- This blade is fast!! Almost too fast. When I was hitting close to the table the catapult was almost too much. But after a few minutes I got used. Hitting was fast and felt better to do on than my YEO does. And hit blocking with great too. I felt there was a lot of power.

Looping- looping felt great. I was worried that spin would be a problem but I wasn’t. Not as easy to loop as Yeo but still good. Spin was there but not as much YEO. Though I thought it was not as spinney in loops as other blades I found my loops to be much faster and more aggressive than with any other blade.

Speed- OFF to OFF+ leaning to the OFF+ side

Counter Looping- I counter loop away from the table and let me say this blade is the best in this!! Better than YEO and HRT RW5. The Throw is low and the ball travels fast but the spin isn’t as much as Yeo on these shot but it is still great.

Comfort- As I said earlier comfort is superb. Much, much, much… much better than cpen for me. If you play cpen and don’t use RPB much and think cpen is uncomfortable jpen may be for you.

Service- I had problem sometimes serving with cpen this jpen helps some. Anyway serving is very good but sometimes too much catapult. But I can get used to this.

This blade is amazing so far and it will be my main set-up from now on. This blade was 48USD n tt-japan and for the price the quality is superb.

Thanks for reading  hope you enjoyBig smile

I will try to update this review as I play with the blade more

Update: I have adjusted to this blade and really love it. Everything is great about this blade playing wise! But I did have a problem...I'm small, like 5-foot, and even though I'm fast moving and have good footwork and still have to use my backhand sometimes when I play cpen. The problem was that I couldn't get much power out of my backhand. So I sanded the arch of cork and blade paint away and now I can do RPB. I did it with some random rubber I had lying that was a hard euro/jap rubber and liked it but had some problems do the strokes I was used to. But I will adjust and will probably get a new rubber for RPB. Here also are some pictures.

Photos here
 Also sorry for the odd link. It still works but I will try to fix it.

Edited by n8stee - 01/18/2014 at 4:34pm
I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<
Sponsored Links

ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 7:04am
If you are fast, you will improve a lot. Jpen is better than cpen. What are the dimensions of the blade? Is it 140 mm. in width?

Edited by ChichoFicho - 01/13/2014 at 7:05am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 9:34am
I really like Nittaku Jpens. Have owned two of them and I think overall the quality is nice.

Your impressions of the blade seem to go hand in hand with overall what I think about how Jpens play. 

Speed = Great

Touch play = good

Spin = good but not as much as others. Something about it for me.

You were basically echoing my thoughts from a blog post I had on the topic not that long ago.

Edited by suds79 - 01/13/2014 at 9:34am
n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

If you are fast, you will improve a lot. Jpen is better than cpen. What are the dimensions of the blade? Is it 140 mm. in width?
Yes I have already been seeing improvements and I agree with you on it is a lot better then cpen.
I'm Nate

n8stee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n8stee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2014 at 4:37pm
Photos added
I'm Nate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic