Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zhang Jike Super ZLC (ZJK SZLC) ST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zhang Jike Super ZLC (ZJK SZLC) ST
    Posted: 01/13/2014 at 10:44pm
Completely disappointed with the ST handle in TB ZLC, I am thinking of buying the ZJK SZLC, because it is the only other hard ZLC blade, and I really like the feel of TB ZLC.

Sanding didn't work. It doesn't disappear in my hand the way the IF blades do. 

Can somebody show me a picture of the crossesction of the handle of ZJK SZLC or give me information if its round like innerforce or rectangular like TB ZLC? 

puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Sponsored Links

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 11:13pm
Ouch. I hope when you say "completely disappointed with the St handle in TB ZLC" that's because you were trying out a buddy's blade to see what you think.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 11:36pm
Zhang Jike, Zhang Jike
Tell your first fan Mickey
Will I just play Like you
Or my game be askew
With your S-ZLC?
I need more than Rossi
Emotion to get high,
let boredom passing by
play my best all at once
crack a level albeit
from your game get an eight
of a gram if not ounce.

GO FOR IT BROTHER!!! I know you want it; I show off with my EJ control and my Rossi Emotion but truth is since that S-ZLC came out I always wanted one so I am full of it and you will just please yourself; NOTHING WRONG ABOUT THAT.

Now I am wondering how sincere I am; a little voice tells me I want to get it at a discount when you are bored with it and I am just placing myself in line LOL.

assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

Ouch. I hope when you say "completely disappointed with the St handle in TB ZLC" that's because you were trying out a buddy's blade to see what you think.
unfortunately not.

I tried many TB ZLC in the club but they were all flared. Not sure if people like FL handle so much or it is because the US dealer carries only FL handles
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 11:52pm
cant find information anywhere fatt. I emailed tt-japan to ask them for information because I cant tell by the pic. If the real Zhang Jike has had any say about this blade, i can't see how it would have this ridiculous square handle. 
Forget about BH oriented or FH oriented grip with TB ZLC ST. The corners of the handle wont let you hold it on an edge. But my grip is just slightly BH oriented, so i could not play at all when first touched.
The search button showed a couple of blades in the FOR SALE section and thats all. Interestingly, both buyers wanted more money than retail price. I know used Bty blades hold price, but i have to admit that's a bit much : )
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2014 at 11:59pm
maybe tabten5 could let you borrow/buy/rent his if he still has it? 

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 12:08am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 12:34am
beautiful !

Just checked out one. With that and the Innerforce T5000 on the way there will be some good testing : )

Well, my birthday is in a couple of day, lets say that's my gift to me : )
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 4:34am
The ZJK SZLC's handle (flare) is definitely more square than, say, the Viscaria's. It feels a lot like the Maze handle to me, except it has a bulge near the top as well (the Maze goes straight until the flare.) It's a comfy handle for people with big hands who like BTY blades.

Incidentally, I'll be putting mine in the FS section later today!
T05 2.1 | VISCARIA | T64 1.9
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 6:00pm
"slightly used, $411"  

tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

"slightly used, $411" 

No, £250. I am not selling it to those in the US. As already mentioned, it's £315 new in the UK. If nobody wants to offer me a price on here, I'll put it on eBay, and market forces can do the rest.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 8:29pm
Wow.   Butterfly stuff is expensive in UK!  Not just Tees and not just this blade.  Do you guys ever buy from foreign vendors? 
tabten5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabten5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Wow.   Butterfly stuff is expensive in UK!  Not just Tees and not just this blade.  Do you guys ever buy from foreign vendors? 

It's difficult to buy BTY from foreign vendors, owing to the selling restrictions placed on the distributors by BTY. So, licences BTY distributors in Germany aren't allowed to sell in the UK, and vice versa. This isn't a problem for the Germans, or any other Europeans, because their prices are cheaper. We have several things at play in the UK which make it more expensive: most notably, tax on all such goods (20%), and the tendency by manufacturers and distributors to assume that they can charge more in the UK (because of average wealth).

I completely understand therefore, that my ZJ SZLC is not attractively priced for the foreign market (including US), but it represents a good price for someone in the UK who doesn't want to pay full price, and cannot find it cheaper elsewhere. I'm quite certain I'll get over £200 if it goes onto eBay.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

"slightly used, $411"  

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by tabten5 tabten5 wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

It's difficult to buy BTY from foreign vendors, owing to the selling restrictions placed on the distributors by BTY.

Wow.  We need to help our UK cousins out of this jam.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2014 at 10:20pm
I would write to Nigel Farage about this. He's my man. He has a way of bringing these things up in the European Parliament. He kills me every time I listen to him. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 12:46am
I can't say anything about the ST but the FL handle of the super duper ZJK blade is very comfortable -- to my hand much more so than TB-ALC, which I assume has same handle as TB-ZLC.  It plays nicely and would be very popular if not for its price.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 11:53am
Made a special request for the heaviest one they have in inventory. Got lucky they had one 88 gr. All of their new blades are in the low 80s these day, i don't know if its cost cutting. I don't like the touch of light blades, i don't know who buys them.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 2:27pm
Sounds like a cool birthday gift, happy Birthday in advance! Beer

Here's a quote from a forum member (not me) who has tried the blade:

Huge difference. SZLC is stiffer, faster and way more powerful than ZJK and TB ZLC. At the same time it has better feeling and feedback and better dwell-time on short game and looping. All this without loosing control. You just need to get used to the speed difference and adjust your shots. 

Edited by slevin - 01/15/2014 at 2:31pm
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 3:53pm
From my experience , this statment quoted by slevin is very much accurate. I might add extreme quality indeed , you get what you are paying for.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Huge difference. SZLC is stiffer, faster and way more powerful than ZJK and TB ZLC. At the same time it has better feeling and feedback and better dwell-time on short game and looping. All this without loosing control. You just need to get used to the speed difference and adjust your shots. 
I didn't play with it for too long, but my 2-cents is that I agree with most of that comment, qualitatively --- but not necessarily with the superlatives (my comparison is with original ZJK and with TB-ALC, not TB-ZLC which I haven't tried).  Super ZLC is a slight bit faster than TB-ALC and ZJK (and that is a good thing, you don't want it to be too fast).   "Way" more powerful?  Not sure what that means other than faster.  Stiffer?  Hard to say for me, maybe super ZLC is a little stiffer than TB-ALC or my Viscaria, but it is not the thing you notice first about it.  ALso it  it was too stiff you would lose some power away from the table, so again it is a good thing.  More control and dwell?  No, the blade is distinctly crisper and harder as you would expect for ZLC compared to any ALC blade, and based on what previous posts suggest about his preferences, it is the thing Assiduous will like best about it.  You will get a more direct feedback, instead of the really muffled feedback you get with an ALC blade.  When people talk about "more control", I always ask control of what?  People really seem to mean a lot of different things when they talk about that. 

Is the ZJK super ZLC a good blade?  Absolutely. Great feeling, great weight distribution, superb fit and finish, even by Btfly standards.  It is better than the sum of its parts and a big improvement over the original ZJK, which I thought was actually less than the sum of its parts.  It will be awesome at 88g.   I would use it if it was $130 or so.  But what someone is willing to pay for a blade is a really personal thing.  I would be surprised if Assiduous does not like it assuming the handle is a good fit.  And that is really hard to predict.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 5:08pm
Thanks Baal. Clarification as I didn't mention in my prior post: The forum member was not comparing the blade to any ALC blade: he was comparing it to the ZJK-ZLC and the TB-ZLC.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 5:10pm
Aha.  Important distinction.

Anyway, I think it is a fantastic blade. 
rdrivr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdrivr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2014 at 5:57pm
the sound this blade makes is awesome. thought about getting one just for that 

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 1:24am
So Assiduous, apart from the handle, how is the SZLC relative to the TB-ZLC?
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 4:03am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Sounds like a cool birthday gift, happy Birthday in advance! Beer

No difference compare to TB ZLC.

I dont know who the author is ,but its certainly not in a deep in TT.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 6:51am
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

No difference compare to TB ZLC.

I dont know who the author is ,but its certainly not in a deep in TT.

He is >2300 (fatt knows him much better than I do & has mentioned about his level in the forum before) but I am sure that his level bows in front of yours Esteemed Sir...
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 10:05am
I played with it last night. 

OK, I am not 2300 + but the blade is very different from TB ZLC. In so many aspects. I don't think T64 has played with this blade, i don't think anybody who has played with both can say they are the same. 

ZJK SZLC is significantly softer than TB ZLC, and yet stiffer. I am not sure I like that feel, maybe I will get used to it. Speed difference is not significant. Maybe ZJK is a little faster, i don't know, i don't think it matters, they are both pretty fast blades, they will not make u feel underpowered in any situation. 

To me TB ZLC feels better. It is harder and with better feedback. ZJK is very stiff and the softness creates a kind of hollow feeling, typical for many fast soft stiff blades. Something like expensive version of Xiom Solo, Xiom Zetro Quad... yes, a little better but this kind of feel. 

Dwell is good because its soft. What is the top wood? Limba? 

The blade head is beautiful but the handle not so much. The TB ZLC is the most beautiful handle on the market in my opinion. 

The handle is more oval and very comfortable to me.

My very first match was against a player who is going to be > 2100 after Aurora results come out and I lost 11:8 in game 5. Game 5 was his, but the other two games I lost were very close and I left a lot of points on the table. 

The blade is incredible performer for mid distance looping. Super accuracy regardless the high speed. Just.. the people who think Korbel has good control need to play with something like this. I mean there is no way, absolutely no way you can place the ball so accurately with Korbel if away from the table. Opening loop is OK, but most blades can do it easier. Certainly requires good technique. Korbel will make things much easier in that department if we have to be honest. TB ZLC on the other hand is probably the most difficult blade for opening loop. 

All in all the blade is excellent performer but I expected something a little harder with better feel.

I am planning to write a more in depth review and comparison with my other BTY blades and with some pictures of the handles, as they are all different, and handle comfort is important to me.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 10:13am
oh, i caught the table the first night. No damage to the playing surface, just the side, but still I found it to be very painful experience. I couldn't concentrate back to the game for like 10 points. You should seriously consider this when buying this blade.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2014 at 11:47am
Thanks for the review.

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

oh, i caught the table the first night. No damage to the playing surface, just the side, but still I found it to be very painful experience. I couldn't concentrate back to the game for like 10 points. You should seriously consider this when buying this blade.

Very important point that we forget!

Edited by slevin - 01/23/2014 at 12:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic