FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ZXI vs SZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ZXI vs SZLC
    Posted: 05/21/2014 at 5:42pm
Anyone has both and could share the comment?
By structure, they should be similar? Koto, Zylon Carbon, Spuce, Ayous?
How are they compared in 
Speed (counter and power loop drive):
Spin (looping):
In table touch control:
I have 2 ZXI and like them. I want to try SZLC but its price is kinda insane. Is it that good or BTY price tag?
Sponsored Links

ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2014 at 10:16pm
Its the Butterfly price tag. The SZLC is more balanced with heavy rubbers, softer feel and seems a tiny bit slower on touch shots and top end speed. The zxi can feel hollow on some shots, the szlc always feels solid.
Used a friend's blade with 05 and 05 fx

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 05/21/2014 at 11:18pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 5:05am
So ZXI is faster than SZLC. Any Bty ZLC that is faster than Xiom ZXI?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 9:10am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

A very heavy ZJK-ZLC perhaps? Why? You think that SZLC wouldn't be fast enough?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 9:33am
I don't think that ZXI is faster than BTY ZLC blades. It is very similar.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

From Bty table, SZLC is faster than TB or ZJ ZLC. 
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

A very heavy ZJK-ZLC perhaps? Why? You think that SZLC wouldn't be fast enough?

I am using 85g. A very heavy blades would punish my partial recovered elbow. Dead
Since changed to ZXI which is faster than my old off blade, my in-table game doesn't hurt much. Now I get carry on and see how far could I go. It also brings back old memory. Blast the power loop to kill feels good..LOL

Edited by aroonkl - 05/23/2014 at 3:39pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 4:53pm

True. That's also the reality. So you can make your own conclusion between the SZLC and the ZXI  Wink
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2014 at 6:43pm

True. That's also the reality. So you can make your own conclusion between the SZLC and the ZXI  Wink
And $350 out of pocket.
Those are a lot of steaks. Dead
rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2014 at 4:34pm
I think the Amultart is the fastest Zylon carbon from BTY.  My ZXi is a bit faster than my Zhang Jike ZLC.  It's also a bit heavier so not sure this is the rule or just my two examples.
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2014 at 12:39pm
Background: I recently got my ZXI, so I am still getting used to it, switching from a decade with TBS's.

First time I tried it, I has also been given SZLC to try so I had ZXI and SZLC side by side for half an hour ( with different rubbers though). 
To me SZLC felt about 10% faster, even though rubbers were a bit slower. Especially hitting, it felt much faster with SZLC. 
Maybe because SZLC is also butterfly and less vibration, I got used to SZLC  much faster than to ZXI.
It is not the feeling but the balance that was much more similar to my old TBS.

Edited by iakovka - 09/08/2014 at 12:41pm

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2014 at 8:41am
Just got a ZXi ST yesterday with OV Europe/Tour. And have a JM SZLC ST with T64/T64 for a month. I am not a shakehand player so only bought these blades for collection and play for fun.

Have a play using JM SZLC with a shakehand player who is about my level when I use penhold and to my surprise I can keep landing the ball and win some points. Many shots I did not expect to land but they did. It is like magic!

Have a brief hit with ZXi today with a lower level player and I am actually having a hard time keeping the ball on the table. May be I am not used to the timing or whatever reason that I have to pick up my penhold blade to finish the game.

ZXi is 5.7mm and SZLC 5.75mm. Both are about 186g with 1g difference. Plys look very much alike side by side. Handle of SZLC is more square and beefy. Weight balance is very similar. Both are hard but ZXi seems a bit harder and SZLC with a tad of vibration and very slight flex.

Overall the ZXi seems faster because of the OV tensor rubber. It is so easy to play fast but control suffers a bit. Needs some adjustment to suit and it is no doubt an awesome offensive setup. JM SZLC with T64 is tame in comparison. It is so easy to play with. Just pick up and all will fall into places with great control. Very little adjustment needed. It did not feel fast but if you work for it it will give you heaps of speed and power instantly. ZXi seems to give more spin but probably because of the rubber. A swap of rubbers between the two blades and result may be reversed.

If I have to pick one than I will certainly go for the SZLC. But 1 SZLC can buy you 3 ZXi and I really can't say it is 3 times better. Still something can't be measured by money. What can I say...   

Edited by TurboZ - 09/09/2014 at 8:43am
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 9:32am
Xiom claims that zlc in Zxi and Vega series are the same as BTY SZLC.
As it is thinner that regular ZlC and weave in the difference pattern.

Choosing from performace and price
I choose Xiom over BTY.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2014 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Just got a ZXi ST yesterday with OV Europe/Tour. And have a JM SZLC ST with T64/T64 for a month. I am not a shakehand player so only bought these blades for collection and play for fun.

Have a play using JM SZLC with a shakehand player who is about my level when I use penhold and to my surprise I can keep landing the ball and win some points. Many shots I did not expect to land but they did. It is like magic!

Have a brief hit with ZXi today with a lower level player and I am actually having a hard time keeping the ball on the table. May be I am not used to the timing or whatever reason that I have to pick up my penhold blade to finish the game.

ZXi is 5.7mm and SZLC 5.75mm. Both are about 186g with 1g difference. Plys look very much alike side by side. Handle of SZLC is more square and beefy. Weight balance is very similar. Both are hard but ZXi seems a bit harder and SZLC with a tad of vibration and very slight flex.

Overall the ZXi seems faster because of the OV tensor rubber. It is so easy to play fast but control suffers a bit. Needs some adjustment to suit and it is no doubt an awesome offensive setup. JM SZLC with T64 is tame in comparison. It is so easy to play with. Just pick up and all will fall into places with great control. Very little adjustment needed. It did not feel fast but if you work for it it will give you heaps of speed and power instantly. ZXi seems to give more spin but probably because of the rubber. A swap of rubbers between the two blades and result may be reversed.

If I have to pick one than I will certainly go for the SZLC. But 1 SZLC can buy you 3 ZXi and I really can't say it is 3 times better. Still something can't be measured by money. What can I say...   

Hmm, my impressions are quite similar to yours. I felt there is a slight difference between ZXI and SZLC. Probably, and mainly because of the handle similar to my previous TBS, I got used to SZLC faster, but overall... pretty similar feel. Again, given the same price I would probably prefer SZLC, but the choice would not be obvious

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2014 at 12:59am
From spinning perspective I am very comfortable with ZXI but blocking and smashing...still can not get used to it after TBS.
Switching to SZLC  from TBS was immidiate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic