Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for CPen Blade Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for CPen Blade Suggestion
    Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:23pm
I'm currently playing with a YinHe W6 Cpen which is a high flex, 5 ply wood blade. 

If you read around, people rave about the looping capabilities of this blade. I will say it's good but a little over hyped. It's not a bad blade mind you. However I can't shake that it's not nearly as good as my Clipper. (which is understandable considering the Clipper is twice the price)

By far the best blade I have is my Stiga Clipper Classic in penhold. I can't understand it because it's a faster, stiff, 7 ply blade but I swear I loop just as good with that blade as with the W6. Furthermore, when looping backspin, the feel of the ball is better on the Clipper... Who knows. Perhaps I'm more of a stiff 7 ply blade kind of guy. Not sure. (for clarity, when i'm talking about looping with the Clipper, those have been times when I had inverted on it naturally.)

Problem is, when I originally bought my Clipper, I designated that as my short pips blade, Clipper being a famous SP blade, for when I like to dabble. An equipment junkie at heart, I'm currently playing inverted. 

I've considered simply getting another Clipper and slapping inverted on it. That could be an option. However before I go down that route, are there other Stiga (or any high quality brand) blades that I should consider for my loop, spin based game?

Some blades I'm considering (Max Budget: $80. Can't force myself to spend more than that as I personally feel the law of diminishing return kicks in. Who knows.)

Stiga Offensive NCT Penhold
Stiga Offensive Classic Penhold

Does anybody have experience with these (or any other blades they like) that they'd like to share?

Thanks.

Edited by suds79 - 09/12/2014 at 1:26pm
Sponsored Links

bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:36pm
yes! 80 bucks should get us some good enough blades to play with.

I just bought yasaka extra cpen, its a better looping blade than YEO, but the finish of the blade is pretty rough.

Also got an DHS H-WH yesterday, seems like a good looping blade as well, but it feels like more of a 40-45 dollar blade at most, I wouldn't pay more than 45 for that blade. the craftsmanship is decent, but not worth over 50 bucks in my opionion. Will let you know later tonight after i try the H-WH on it's looping perspective.
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

yes! 80 bucks should get us some good enough blades to play with.

I just bought yasaka extra cpen, its a better looping blade than YEO, but the finish of the blade is pretty rough.

Also got an DHS H-WH yesterday, seems like a good looping blade as well, but it feels like more of a 40-45 dollar blade at most, I wouldn't pay more than 45 for that blade. the craftsmanship is decent, but not worth over 50 bucks in my opionion. Will let you know later tonight after i try the H-WH on it's looping perspective.

Yasaka Extra is one I'd consider. The W6 is often said to be a poor man's version of that blade. So be sure to give me updates on it.

Yes, you want to talk about rough finish. My Clipper didn't impress me when I first got it. Talk about rough. It looked like a blade that just needed a real slight go over with a very fine sandpaper to give you an idea. But I sealed it and it's been completely fine ever since.

Edited by suds79 - 09/12/2014 at 1:49pm
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 1:53pm
If you would like to try Stiga Optimum Sync blade, I have one. Sorry to BUMP into your post.
Blade, Rubbers, Shoes, Socks ...
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

I've considered simply getting another Clipper and slapping inverted on it. That could be an option. However before I go down that route, are there other Stiga (or any high quality brand) blades that I should consider for my loop, spin based game?
I´m using Persson Powerplay cpen. It´s a softer and slower version of Clipper. Actually it is the softest 7-ply blade I´ve already tried.
I play with Short Pips but I believe Powerplay would fit perfectly with inverted rubbers.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 4:58pm
cool, i will keep you updated with both H-WH and YE later tonight.
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 6:24pm
XuShaoFa C-Pen Wooden blades are very very good - they just play nice. I know a few players using them, good speed, feel, looping, blocking.... just good blades...

F-6 and F-9 are both good - if I had to chose one - I'd probably go for the F-6 which is ever so slightly fater and more direct.

One big advantage... they are CHEAP, yet high quality and relatively unknown.

Then there are the Fastest F-1 and F-2 but I have not tried blades that fast.

Edited by Clarence247 - 09/12/2014 at 6:31pm
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 6:44pm
you may xu xin's current blade:
Stiga blade Intensity NCT
Spe: 105. Con: 65.
Intensity is the 21st century light weight weapon! The Intensity has fantastic trajectory and good speed, while the light weight enhances the performance in all the best ways. If you are a controlled attacker you will like the outstanding balance between trajectory and contr...more info.
$95.56$67.42

it is onsale for $67 + $12 shipping right now but its original price is much more. it still fits
your budget.

http://www.ttex.se/stiga-blades-c-33_79.html

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 9:45pm
They also have the Intensity Carbon for the same price which is even better deal. Although they say not in stock but they just got me a conic handle one shipped immediately. Not sure about if the same apply to penhold. I would say if you like harder 7 ply wood blade then you may like the carbon version better. I have both Intensity in penhold and I like the Carbon one more.    
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 10:22pm
you can pay first and once they have it in stock (within a week usually)
they will ship it to you. doing so you will not miss this big onsale.
bns7117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bns7117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2014 at 11:43pm
I played both blade tonight

on H-Wh: Ntk H3 nt type50 on FH, Rakza 7 on BH

On YE:   Sigma II Euro ON FH, Palio macro Era on BH

H-WH is more loopable than YE, YE felt quite a bit harder and more solid than H-WH. Therefore, H-WH is slower(lower end of off- IMO) yet still has plenty of power for close-mid range, and loops were beautiful(for my level), YE was more on the upper end of Off- range, nearly an off. i personally feel YE is better with SP.

let me know if you need more info...

Strongly recommend H-WH, the blade was huge, RPB was alao much better on this one. But YE is very good too with added power and speed, loops are faster, but not necessarily spinier since I feel there is a tad less dwell with YE.

Edited by bns7117 - 09/12/2014 at 11:49pm
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2014 at 3:02am
Try Nittaku Runlox. Good for the $ and plays impressively well. Just pair it with fast rubbers.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic