Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

PPH's Yinhe 40+ Plastic Ball (SEAMLESS) Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 6:06pm
NL, I agree with you when it comes to smashing.  The XSF is better.  DF balls seem to be more spiny so looping will be a better shots for these seemed balls.
Sponsored Links

Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 1:57pm
After ~6 hours hitting with the Yinhe balls, I noticed that they don't jump up as much.  Bounce is still very consistent. 
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 12:04pm
if I go to a tournament using plastic balls, I will try to find the most used one....opposite of tennis I guess
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 12:51pm
I had a chance to check this out too.  Actually, i also think they are a bit better after a couple of hours use.
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I had a chance to check this out too.  Actually, i also think they are a bit better after a couple of hours use.

I agree.
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2015 at 1:21am
XSF seamless Plastic Ball is also better.

Edited by stevenjlyang - 01/30/2015 at 1:27am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 2:35am
Actually my experiments were done on XSF (where I conclude that it is better after an hour or so).   
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 5:45am
Actually, seamless ball is better than seamed ball by plastic.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 11:23am
Originally posted by stevenjlyang stevenjlyang wrote:

Actually, seamless ball is better than seamed ball by plastic.

Definitely.
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:40pm
Broke my first YinHe ball yesterday (I was using celluloid for probably a month in between my last post on the topic, due to a tournament using celluloid) during practice.  To be fair, 1 other broke early on when I visited the Westchester club and let one of the juniors try it and apparently he hit the edge of the blade and it bit the dust.

The 1 we broke yesterday did not happen on an edge ball, but it had a lot of wear and tear on it.  In fact earlier in the practice session my practice partner noticed something funny about the ball.  Part of the ball wasn't perfectly smooth anymore.  When looking at it, it gave the impression of there being a partial seam, though clearly it didn't have 1.  It's possible we caused some damage on an edge ball earlier in the night.  The way it finally broke was very different than celluloid in that there was absolutely no question it was broken.  It hit the table, and you immediately heard a difference and it didn't bounce right.  There was a large obvious crack.  We opened it up to check it out and what looked like a seam could be seen from the inside as well.  It's like it was crack that didn't appear on the inner or outer surface but was still there.  

Keep in mind, once it cracked, I opened it up to take a good look.

Outside of the ball.  The crack is obvious but if you look closely (hard to see in this picture), you can see 2 lighter color lines on the ball.  One almost horizontal and 1 diagonal:

Inside of the ball.  This picture is much more clear.  The crack once again is very obvious, but now so are the 2 lines below it that aren't exactly cracks (ignore the line that's to the left of the crack, it didn't exist before it broke):

Edited by hookumsnivy - 02/11/2015 at 1:56pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:40pm
Yes, when they go, the seamless just demolish catastrophically.  Interestingly, a Nittaku Premium 40+ can be broken for a long time before you realize it.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2016 at 11:19pm
I just tried the new yinhe red box S40+ tonight.  I was afraid they were just rebranded for a higher priced market, but they really are better.  I can't testify to their durability because I never broke the other ones.  But they clearly were quicker through the air and took spin better.  They even compared favorably, right out of the box, with the old ones I had that had several hours of play on them.

The bounce is a little lower, which I don't prefer, but I can't have everything.  Or it's the one thing I did like about the other plastic balls.  If you like the slower tennis feel of the blue box kind, you probably won't prefer these.  if you long for the cell ball, you probably will prefer these.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 12:49am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I just tried the new yinhe red box S40+ tonight.  I was afraid they were just rebranded for a higher priced market, but they really are better.  I can't testify to their durability because I never broke the other ones.  But they clearly were quicker through the air and took spin better.  They even compared favorably, right out of the box, with the old ones I had that had several hours of play on them.

The bounce is a little lower, which I don't prefer, but I can't have everything.  Or it's the one thing I did like about the other plastic balls.  If you like the slower tennis feel of the blue box kind, you probably won't prefer these.  if you long for the cell ball, you probably will prefer these.
Hmm, Yinhe said the red S40+ is the fourth generation of the seamless ball, may be just all smoke and mirrors Dead 
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 11:28am
They may be just a little smaller than the others.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 6:58pm

I got a few from you this morning to test myself.  Hopefully, they won't be expanded in the hot sun while shipping and I can review them later this week.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 7:32pm
Man, hope not.

racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 9:35pm

Hi, everyone !

Cole, these RED BOX BALLS are SEAMLESS ?
Can u post a photo of the box, please ?

thank u :)
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I got a few from you this morning to test myself.  Hopefully, they won't be expanded in the hot sun while shipping and I can review them later this week.

Patiently waiting.. need to order new, but will wait to see if should change from the "regular" Yinhe's.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 1:47pm
they are seamless.  I took a pic but it's too big to upload, and don't have time to mess with resizing

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 3:22pm

they are seamless.  I took a pic but it's too big to upload, and don't have time to mess with resizing
Is it the one? I saw it in the other forum.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 4:16pm
That's it

racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 9:17pm
Thank u, EggHead n Cole !!!

Cole, have u tried the 2 STARS or the PROVINCIAL 1 STAR ?
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 11:42pm
Balls? I have the 1 star. Not sure if it's the same one. Boxes of 100 and 6

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 11:52pm

Balls? I have the 1 star. Not sure if it's the same one. Boxes of 100 and 6
Beside the one star ball, I think he means this one too

BTW, taobao has the new S40+ balls on sale but it is expensive (1.5x) 
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 11:56pm
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2016 at 11:59pm
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 12:02am
the one I have is the 9991

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 12:12am

That's it

Is there a difference between the red and blue boxes?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 12:16am
yes, they have different stamps on the balls as well.  I feel that the red box ones play as though they're the same weight but they have a slightly smaller diameter.  They penetrate the air better and play more like a heavy cell or hardball type cell.  They seem to not arc or bounce as high.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 1:22am
Last night the Yinhe lady confirmed my deduction.  They are made smaller within the acceptable range than the blue box version, requiring a little closer spec. 

I really like them, and players in several clubs raved over them.  One 2000 guy in San Louis Obispo club  really did.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic