FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Price Revision???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Price Revision???
    Posted: 02/10/2015 at 9:53am
OK, this is an interesting read.

http://www.butterfly.co.jp/information/info/20150210.html

Now, running it through Google Translate isn't a perfect experience, but I get a general feeling that this announcement is all about the price fixing and international shipping restrictions imposed by BTY in recent years. There seems to be mention that due to increased "smuggling" (ha!) stock has been short in Japan.

So...what do others think? Is this a return to the days of freely-available BTY products? Are they backtracking? Would be great if anyone could give a better translation of this post...
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 11:14am
good find Andy - you are the bearer of good news!

So it seems that they're doing away with fixed prices in regions and shall let the market (dealers) decide (just like it is for ESN products). I'm assuming that dealers shall be all allowed to ship globally and compete with each other then. This is great for those that live in the US and Europe.
looneylooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 11:18am
Sounds good. Thanks for letting us bty ho's 👍😆 know!
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 11:39am
if this turns out to be true i'm going to be pretty happy. Often when i let players use my equipment and they're interested in it they become instantly deterred when i tell them the price of just a single sheet of rubber.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 12:49pm
The truth is probably that their global sale is decreasing rapidly due to their stupid policy. A company can fall rapidly just for a stupid policy.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 5:04pm
Before Butterfly will "allow" more competition you can be pretty sure they will rise their Prices before.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 5:19pm
Butterfly will increase their pricing certainly. And that's good news? I'm missing something...
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 6:46pm
Butterfly may not increase their pricing significantly...else they may lose their share in the local market .
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 10:13pm
NEW SELLING POLICY BY BUTTERFLY AS RESULTING FROM MASSIVE SMUGGLING BY DOMESTIC SHOPPERS,   ---> DRAIN BTF PRODUCTS OUT OF JAPAN ABROAD.

Essencials from BTF Public Appeal.

-- BUTERFLY Factory selling price gonna arise pretty much for Japan domestic dealers, while the price gets down for overseas dealers.
below is the list of products involved.

NOTE: The "forein" dealers are still free to keep up their retail price AT ANY RATE they think good for their business.
Luckily, I have never been butterfly product eater.   Never.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&tl=en&u=http://www.butterfly.co.jp/information/info/20150210.html&usg=ALkJrhiFDjDbx4cT42_zGPkEDfcO2yIupg
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2015 at 10:34pm
Isn't it just a matter of the yen vs euro/dollar value ? Increasing the prices when the blade is sold in Yens, decreasing it when its sold in other currencies ? The issue seems to be that prices in Yens are much more appealing than prices in €/$ and thats why they complain about products made for Japan market going abroad. 

Edited by vivan4tt - 02/10/2015 at 10:37pm
Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 12:54am
More likely this is the result of ESN products closing the performance gap and proliferating through a cornucopia of brands and distribution networks. Android v Apple.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:10am
I wish. At the last big tournament I entered I couldn't see one player over 2000 with not BTY blade. Rubbers have more variety, but even there most folk have at least one tenergy. But blades.. complete hegemony.

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 5:02am
Butterfly prices are about to increase up to 25% on domestic market. The information is accurate although I still don't know whether it will be applied to all products or just to the best selling items. Fortunately I'm not Butterfly addict so I don't care.

Edited by Ray - 02/11/2015 at 5:08am

fb.me/spinnier
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

I wish. At the last big tournament I entered I couldn't see one player over 2000 with not BTY blade. Rubbers have more variety, but even there most folk have at least one tenergy. But blades.. complete hegemony.

Interesting observation - very different from what I observed in my club.   I just counted 13 active players >2000 and only 3 of them use BTY blades
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 8:53am
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Interesting observation - very different from what I observed in my club.   I just counted 13 active players >2000 and only 3 of them use BTY blades

At one Rec Center in NYC where 18 players have/had a rating >2000USATT, 15 of them uses BTY blades.  Even more for those who are unrated, & <2000USATT=S
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 9:40am
Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

At one Rec Center in NYC where 18 players have/had a rating >2000USATT, 15 of them uses BTY blades.  Even more for those who are unrated, & <2000USATT=S

Could it be that since my club is located in "poor" (LOL) suburbs of NYC that we cannot afford BTY prices?   ... or we don't know much about equipment and unknowingly play with inferior gear?

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">

Edited by VictorK - 02/11/2015 at 9:41am
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 9:44am
Wait, but I just ordered two sheets of $40 Evo mx-p from Estonia.  It hasn't even come yet and Bfy is going to lower the US prices they just raised a few months back?

The USD is up so they could cut prices here, but exchange rates change more frequently than customers will accept for retail prices.  If you pick something to use long-term, you want to have a good idea what it will cost.  I bet tenergy stays at $68.

Blade prices are crazy high, it's true.  But compared to rubbers the blade cost isn't much.  And there are always used ones in perfect condition on the forum.
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 9:47am

Originally posted by PingPongHolic10 PingPongHolic10 wrote:

Could it be that since my club is located in "poor" (LOL) suburbs of NYC that we cannot afford BTY prices?   ... or we don't know much about equipment and unknowingly play with inferior gear?

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">
LOL... The "poor" cannot afford to live in your area if they choose to use BTY gear=P

We have a dealer that runs around & telling players they will play better with BTY gear=S
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Butterfly prices are about to increase up to 25% on domestic market. The information is accurate although I still don't know whether it will be applied to all products or just to the best selling items.
Where did you get this information from, could you share your source?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Butterfly prices are about to increase up to 25% on domestic market. The information is accurate although I still don't know whether it will be applied to all products or just to the best selling items.

Where did you get this information from, could you share your source?

Well, I could, but I prefer to keep it confidential.

fb.me/spinnier
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 12:25pm
Amazing! The $/yen has gone sky-high (it was below 78 in 2012 and is 120 now - a 53% rise!). Their costs are in yen (local factory) and by hiking the domestic market prices and keeping the $-based price the same, they are, in effect, hiking prices dramatically overall!

As they should - in both the NJ-clubs that I frequent, especially the one in which there are a lot of kids training, at least 75% of the people there must be using Tenergy rubbers and BTY blades. I had asked a 2500 player & Tenergy user there if he ever thought about using MX-P - he hadn't even heard of it.

Just look how successful their SZLC blades have done given the profit margins on them. It validates their decision to keep raising prices till the players' backs break. Good businessmen but bad for us!

This is exactly the opposite of what we (in the US) see is happening to the prices of the ESN products (effective prices have come down because of the $ rally against the EUR).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 8:14pm
Prices have fallen sharply (25% on many items) on the US butterflyonline website for blades and rubbers. Tenergy for $51, Viscaria for $90 - odd.

Wonder if this is permanent (even though they say that it is a sale). Or, perhaps, they're getting rid of the dealership.

BTW: has this happened in Europe as well?

Edited by slevin - 02/20/2015 at 8:19pm
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Prices have fallen sharply (25% on many items) on the US butterflyonline website for blades and rubbers. Tenergy for $51, Viscaria for $90 - odd.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34187&PID=853563&title=the-pros-equipment-discussion-and-questions#853563
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 8:47pm
Wow, Tenergy for $51
looneylooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 9:52pm
Prices are just about the same on iru iru.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 10:48pm
It is very unlikely that NA butterfly just quits their business. No matter what, this is great news.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 10:54pm
according to that news, Butterfly will modify the pricing starting Feb 21, which starts at this time in Japan. It is interesting to see whether megaspin and other retailers keep up with the changes.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 11:48pm
must sell off blades quick >.<

Click the picture for feedback ^
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

according to that news, Butterfly will modify the pricing starting Feb 21, which starts at this time in Japan. It is interesting to see whether megaspin and other retailers keep up with the changes.

Does that mean higher in Japan and lower here?  Or some other direction?   It seems like it's already come down here, but then again, it is already Feb 21 in Japan, so maybe that is it?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 2:30am
Unfortunately, prices are higher in Japan. Some composite blades are up to 50% more expensive today than yesterday. Tenergy rubbers also. Prices are equal to the prices in Europe now.

fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic