FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Price Revision???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 1:51pm
they're back up again here too.

Click the picture for feedback ^
Sponsored Links

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 2:40pm
Yeah just checked and I called pp to confirm. Prices n back to normal now
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Wow, Tenergy for $51
===========================
After I saw your post, I checked and it indeed was $51.
Then I put a post on our club's website alerting everybody, Tenergy is $51. (That's yesterday.)

Then I checked today, it is now $67.
I removed my post from our club's website, because the prices I mentioned are no longer valid.

Edited by skip3119 - 02/21/2015 at 4:46pm
skip3119
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 4:22pm
I did see Tenergy was $51 (yesterday, Feb. 20, 2015), after I saw Baal's post.

*** May be the prices we saw was a "Computer Error", not "On Sale".

Edited by skip3119 - 02/21/2015 at 4:48pm
skip3119
acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 4:51pm
i saw it too and it's clearly said 22% - 25% discount. But today it's back to the regular price. May be it was A SECRET SALE for Lunar New Year or something ? Wink
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 4:52pm
No BTY price changes in UK. T05 price has been £49.99 for several years now.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 5:08pm
I actually bought a couple of sheets at that price.  I have no idea why it was that low or why it went back up.  Very strange.
looneylooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 5:11pm
Bought a couple of Pelluci shirts for 22 each, now it's back at 39.99 price. Also had a double case for 15 usd now it's back to 29.99 usd.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 5:27pm
I was able to grab some rubbers, bags, and balls. I was thinking to order these from Japan, but it would be much more complicated.  The sale seems to come out of nowhere and ends with no reason too. That is the way how butterfly treats its customers, as always.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Not for long :)
======================

fatt:  

You got it right. Prices have returned to normal - means they are a lot higher than yesterday.
skip3119
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 6:11pm
fatt, how did you know?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 7:12pm

fatt, how did you know?

I beat he ordered many SZLC blades and Tenergies
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 9:56pm
Fatt, here is where it gets interesting.  I had not considered the question you asked until just now, and I will keep people well informed on this, because now I am suspicious.  I ordered from Butterfly NA yesterday and received an email that included this, which indicates that the order I made is "in review", and not that they will actually honor it.  That order was last night, and today was a business day (for most companies in the US) and I have not heard from them since yesterday.  Note that my credit card was "authorized".  I went back to look at the email because of your post.  It is odd that it is "in review".  We will see that that means.

If they decide not to honor it, I will write posts on every English language forum in the world blasting them for completely dishonest business practices.  The three I know of are here, OOAK Forum and Table Tennis Daily, but if there is anyplace else I need to know about please let me know -- should it come to pass that they decide not to honor this order at this price.

Submitted

2/20/2015 8:44 PM

Reference #

WEB-004784

Order Status

In Review

Payment Status

Authorized

Shipping

Priority Mail (3-5 business days)

Payment

Credit Card

looneylooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 10:36pm
@Baal I'm with you, somehow mine is "In Process"
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 10:49pm
you placed a web order at 8 pm Friday night and are surprised that it's still processing?
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 11:02pm
Earlier last week I ordered a tournament used europa sky table from a 3rd party store at $1299 because they were the only ones left that I could see still had free shipping.  Three days ago I get a notification that it's back-ordered until March 12th which I somewhat expected, after the arnold challenge in columbus.  Two days ago I notice in the new catalog that it's been updated with a new paint scheme and a 25+ top optimized for the new ball, bummer, not a major deal though.  Yesterday I see the $700 price on tournament used, $985 for new (old model), figure they are clearing way for new stock, seems like a rightful price for a now outdated table by BTY standards.  I email said store to see if they can price match since they have that policy.  Early today I see the cut price on the new tables (old model) is no longer so I fear the same will happen with the tournament used and email said store again with some urgency, thinking I maybe should place the order at BTY so as not to lose the deal.  This is where it's at.

I'm hoping to either get that deal or hold out on the new model.  I don't blame said store, they aren't the problem here.

Side note, it looks like they sell these for 599 euros.  I get sponeta is there and all but it still seems like a huge mark-up for the US.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2015 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

you placed a web order at 8 pm Friday night and are surprised that it's still processing?

A bit surprised.  A lot of Internet businesses will process orders on a Saturday.  As I said, we shall see.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 2:12am

It reminds me the episode of the $4.95 MX-P on paddle palace. I think a reseller here had ordered 50 or something and of course they figured it out.

Haha, that would be me.  They did not honor it.  One time PP was selling the huge ball catcher net for FREE!!!  I placed the order, and they called me back the next business day stating that they will not honor it... Cry
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 3:19am

If they decide not to honor it, I will write posts on every English language forum in the world blasting them for completely dishonest business practices.  The three I know of are here, OOAK Forum and Table Tennis Daily, but if there is anyplace else I need to know about please let me know -- should it come to pass that they decide not to honor this order at this price.

http://www.affordablett.com.au/smf/index.php

edited to add: well, disregard... looks like it's a ghost town now

Edited by the_theologian - 02/23/2015 at 3:21am
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 8:53am
Even at $51 for tenergy, they still make a lot of money out of it. They would be just stupid to not honor these orders. My orders are under review too.  I was wondering what the heck they need to review an order of a couple of hundred dollars. 
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Even at $51 for tenergy, they still make a lot of money out of it. They would be just stupid to not honor these orders. My orders are under review too.  I was wondering what the heck they need to review an order of a couple of hundred dollars. 

yes but surely they aren't making that much profit on ALL their products. the tenergy, yes they are definitely making a good amount of money at 51 a sheet. but some of the blades and other products were quite discounted.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 11:22am
A big company like Butterfly making slightly less money on a few sheets of Tenergy and a few blades won't hurt them.  My guess is that they will honor the orders.

Those who ordered, please keep us posted.
skip3119
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 12:12pm
I believe this was a short time sale for some stuff instead of price error as some implied.  Most items were 25% off and price slightly higher than those in Japan. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 12:15pm
As of 10AM CST I have not heard from Butterfly, so we will see if they actually plan on selling the Tenergy at the price they listed.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

I believe this was a short time sale for some stuff instead of price error as some implied.  Most items were 25% off and price slightly higher than those in Japan. 

It is possible, but if that is the case, they might have antagonized other distributors in the U.S. ...

If were Bty distributor and had to historically strictly adhere to their pricing policies (e.g. no discounts), I would be rather unhappy to see that the main distributor was allowed to lower the prices significantly to clear their inventory ... unless Bty coordinated it with all U.S. distributors but nobody else decided to lower prices.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 12:38pm
Update on my table issue, it seems as though the low pricing was absolutely an error and table prices were not marked that way just to clear overstock.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 2:23pm
eon, I wonder what they mean by "error"?  Did someone go into their website and systematically lower the prices on virtually every product?  Or had they planned on having a sale and then thought better of it and decided not to honor the prices on their website? 
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 2:27pm
so butterfly will not honor it?  
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 3:03pm
I really thought they'd honor it...

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 3:26pm

I will hang myself to the HugeCiaofatt *** plastic balls if they do.

To be fair, I don't yet know with 100% certainty because I can't access my home email right now. 

I can say this.  I ordered some Tenergy Friday evening at the listed price of $51 per sheet.  My credit card was approved for $102 (two sheets).  As of 11 AM this morning (Eastern time, where Butterfly NA is located), they had not sent me an email indicating that they would send me the product at that price.  Approved is not the same as charged, so it's not like they've ripped me off. 

But we will see if there is something fishy about this. 

I think they should honor these prices.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic