Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indoors table outside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mhmm View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indoors table outside
    Posted: 02/25/2015 at 9:37am
After testing some cheaper outdoors tables, and the more expensive one with 6-7 mm thickness being far out of my budget, I decided to go for an indoors table instead. It will be stored inside, but used to play outside under a very big party tent with windows/walls included. 

What precautions should I take in regards to which weathers to play in? I've read the warnings about using an indoors table outside but humidity levels here are 65%~ and a home would be 55%, a full table tennis club probably has more humidity in the air than 65%? 

So the main worry I have is rain and extreme heat considering there is no direct sunlight due to the roof and the humidity levels on regular days won't be too bad. 

Does anybody have any experience playing on indoors table in higher than regular heats or using an indoors table outside etc? 
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 12:44pm
I think if it is used inside a tent - there should be no problems. We use an indoor table to play outside at our tennis club and have used it for 4 years without any problems. It did get wet the odd time, but surface remained intact without any issues. 

Perhaps wood experts on the board might offer their opinion about maybe putting on a clear finish on top of the table. If you're playing recreational TT - might not be an issue with grip, but if you're playing serious TT - this might not be a good idea.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Mhmm View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mhmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 6:12pm
That is great news then. I don't mind if it breaks down over time those times, getting to play for four years would be more than sufficient for me to be more than satisfied with the purchase. I prefer keeping the spin unless someone else has tried adding a finish on top successfully. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic