Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Playing TT with a cowbell, snare drum, and cymbal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Playing TT with a cowbell, snare drum, and cymbal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing TT with a cowbell, snare drum, and cymbal
    Posted: 04/03/2015 at 5:35am

Playing with my basement player friend who is also a musician.  Came up with this idea and filmed a best of 3 match LOL

0:00 - Snare Drum
1:00 - Splash Cymbal
2:52 - COWBELL

Edited by schen - 04/03/2015 at 5:37am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 6:14am
Cowbell ... wins!
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 6:32am
Why am I watching this...

I enjoyed it...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 9:04am
1. Play Doubles and make it a Table Tennis Band and theng change your name to TT Rocker

2. Schen, Nice table and you have way too much time on your hands...lol

Keep the videos coming...

Edited by 42andbackpains - 04/03/2015 at 9:05am
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 10:54am
A great video.  I was especially impressed by the reverse cowbell backhand and the nasty long cymbal serves.  Mozart and Bizet were also appropriate choices for such an excellent endeavor.

I'm a musician too (voice and piano),  but I don't think that playing TT with a 5'1" Baldwin baby grand piano would be too practical.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 5:30pm
Well, Berndt, you're always banging on about glockpong, so why not use glockenspiel bars?

As a musician/instrument-maker myself, I might advocate the use of frame drum (eg tambourine) or maybe a pellet drum, some of which are exactly the right shape, complete with handle. You could even make interesting sounds while twiddling:-

sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 5:32pm
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
pingponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 6:46pm
The video was obviously missing clown costumes.
Good start tho :D
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 10:45pm
Hey Steven,

Funny video, but I have to ask. Looks like you made yourself a Returnboard. How do you like it? Can you give us a little information on what it took to make it? I am thinking about making one for myself and would like any info on how you made yours.
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2015 at 10:54pm
RCBB Thumbs Up
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Orangecrush Orangecrush wrote:

Hey Steven,

Funny video, but I have to ask. Looks like you made yourself a Returnboard. How do you like it? Can you give us a little information on what it took to make it? I am thinking about making one for myself and would like any info on how you made yours.

Hey, my return board is alright, not amazing by any means :/

It came out heavier than I anticipated unfortunately, but it is sturdy as hell because of it haha.  It's made out of wood, measured to the appropriate height of the table with a 2x4 piece of plywood attached by hinges to the main wooden posts for adjustability.  It's held in place by a chain and hook and has swivel wheels for light duty moving.  You can make something similar by getting parts from home depot or lowes and using just a drill, saw, and screwdriver.

I used 20 pcs of 1.5mm Focus 3 Snipe from Eacheng in bulk for the rubbers, although this thin of a sponge seems to have made the board return the balls a bit unrealistically dead at times.  If I were to do it again, I would use 2.0mm sponge.  After making it, I ended up using it only when I want to test out new gear or whatnot without being made fun of at my club for EJ'ing Embarrassed.  It certainly doesn't replace a real practice partner by any means though.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 2:42am
great video Steven.  I had a great laugh out of it.  I should probably visit your place when I go down to SD so we can make music together through tt.  You get the dumbbell and I get the tambourine
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2015 at 3:01am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

great video Steven.  I had a great laugh out of it.  I should probably visit your place when I go down to SD so we can make music together through tt.  You get the dumbbell and I get the tambourine

Hey Steven,

The reason I asked is because I have seen a few of these Returnboards on YouTube. People building them kind of like what you did but a little different. When I saw them on YouTube they looked pretty useful and actually saw where one guy. Made 2 Returnboards and put them on music stands so he could adjust them up and down and tilt them. That way he was able to have the ball return back on the table on different angles. If you get much drift.

I was just wondering how you liked your design. But I'm sure that the rubbers are not cheap. Needing quite a few of them to complete the project. And thank you for getting back to me. mm
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic