Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Jun Mizutani and Tenergy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jun Mizutani and Tenergy
    Posted: 04/24/2015 at 9:45pm
Hello everybody,
I decided to try Tenergies on my Jun Mizutani (not SZLC).
Please share your opinions with pro and cons of using Tenergy on JM. Which Tenergy rubbers do you use and what are your impressions?
Any replies are highly appreciated.

Prefer playing close to table and in mid zone. I try to attack at slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.
Sponsored Links

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 10:29pm
I have tried T05 and T80 on my friend JM zlc.
I try Y05on FH and T80 on BH and vice versa.
It's definitely for pro player only to bring out the maximum potential, 
pro : it easy to create spin, good dwell time if you aim on top spin it's just good for you with those crazy spin and high trajectory. Nice solid feel, though medium in feel and head heavy. Ball placement is great.

cont : I hate that too much dwell time, even with tenergy,  not for hitting and smashing but still will do it with your technique. Sometime I feel that it lack of repulsing behavior.

conclusion ,,,, I like the set up of T80 on FH and T05 on BH, because of my personal preference and my style of playing.

Once I saw a player with T80 and T80 fx, it sounds really good though.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 10:33am
My primary setup (my TB ZLC is lying dormant)...

Can play either T05 or T05FX on BH or FH...

I prefer T05 on BH because T05FX gets out of sync when I do BH to BH rallies (I know it's just my timing) and T05 is in sync with my stroke and expectations...

Could possibly play 2 x T05's but the head weight would go above the feel I like; I always like different rubbers on each side anyway...

I have also played with T25FX on BH which works and plays very safely with explosive power if you rip it...

I love the touch and control with the setup and T05FX is awesome for tight FH serves...

Looping is great of course and FH T05FX has the smash spike power when required...

I prefer 86g to a 91g (my TB ZLC's are 85g's too - my current weight preference)...

My 91g blade is more powerful to be honest and requires full attention on FH strokes...

Butterfly blades like Butterfly rubbers...

1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 3:01pm
Craneman, whats the total weight of your paddle? Just to get an idea of where I stand.
I add weight to the bottom of the handle to get rid of head heaviness. Works well.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Craneman, whats the total weight of your paddle? Just to get an idea of where I stand.
I add weight to the bottom of the handle to get rid of head heaviness. Works well.

Good question...

Well... I've just weight them...

Both MJ ZLC blades have T05FX Black (Max) on FH and T05 Red (Max) on BH...

Xiom iBond glue; 2 thin layers on rubber 1 on blade...

Black Wide Xiom Win With Us edge tape...

1. 180.5g
2. 184.4g

It doesn't look like much difference but they feel different, enough for me to prefer the touch of lighter one...

I really think No. 2 has thicker vineers, a touch more muted and heavier head...

I suppose it's manufacturing variations...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
alex5908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex5908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 10:28am
Any other people using JM ZLC and Tenergy?
Prefer playing close to table and in mid zone. I try to attack at slightest possibility and exercise pressure on my opponent with every ball. It's mostly blocking from BH and drive looping from FH.
looneylooper67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 11:56am
My signature setup is JM ZLC and Tenergy 05 on FH. Feels like a dream everytime I play with it. Looping is really easy because of how the JM blade kinda grab and hold the ball in the middle of looping, pushes are magneficent- it goes where you want it to go(plus loads of spin), opening loops are just awesome, a lot of my opponents have a hard time blocking my opening loops. Blocks are easy. This setup has never failed me; I just love it.
Looney Looper
Jun Mizutani
Tenergy 64

Stiga Clippa
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 11:55pm
I had 05fh 05fx on bh.. truthfully around my level ( i think i am around anywhere from 1500-1800 depending on the day hahah) 05 on the fh is a little bit too powerful. You can make amazing shots and give crazy amounts of spin but I feel that it is a little bit unforgiving. oh blocking and returning serves as well as giving crazy amounts of spin with a flick of a wrist with your serves is the best thing about have 05 on the fh. 05 fx for my bh is great for me, consistent, good control, the only thing is when someone surprises me to the bh i cannot control it sometimes and they go long... anyways, i say try H3 on the fh.. for me i had to change my looping style but i can give 60-70% of my strength and still people have trouble returning it, gives more consistency with my loops, helps me recover quickly as I am not hitting with full power but the JM SZLC gives you that power.. i think that is it's advantage, other less powerful blades i have to give a little more power which makes my follow through a little bit longer, but that makes my recovery 0.1 sec slower.. 
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic