Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First glue...reglueing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tomaschonnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomaschonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First glue...reglueing
    Posted: 04/28/2015 at 1:28am
Hi,

I bought a rubber today. Andro Rasant Grip. The store glued it on for me. I live in Vietnam; most people use Haifu glue here, but the shop used a non-VOC glue (white in color) to glue it on. They said that for the first glueing, it should be done this way. They said that subsequent glueing can be done with the Haifu glue.

My question is this: should I first pull the white glue off the rubber before applying the Haifu speed glue. I want to avoid ruining the rubber in any way.

Can someone point out the pros and cons, and tell me about potential pitfalls. I'm a bit new to table tennis.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by tomaschonnie - 04/28/2015 at 2:07am
Sponsored Links

ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 3:22pm
No reason to pull the white glue off.

In fact, a lot of people, (at least some) pros included, like to have a thick layer of latex on the rubber, before using speedglue/tuner.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomaschonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/28/2015 at 8:16pm
That helps a lot, thank you. With the language barrier here, it is a bit difficult to get into the details of things like this; I speak some Vietnamese, but the language needed to talk about things like this is beyond me. So, I appreciate your help a lot.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomaschonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2015 at 7:23am
Just reporting back the results:

I put 2 thin layers of white glue on. It was very runny but made a clear layer on the sponge. Then put 3 layers of speed glue on (Haifu). The rubber expanded a bit but much less than is normal with speed glue. Just trained with it with my coach. A big difference in performance; reponsive, lots more power, and blocking was great.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic