Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SP faster & less spiny than Bty Raystorm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP faster & less spiny than Bty Raystorm
    Posted: 05/24/2015 at 9:30am
Can you list me short pips that are faster, but less sensitive to spin than Butterfly Raystorm. I have tried Raystorm on my Tibhar Defense Plus but it is very slow blade so I need something much faster to compensate. Also, I would like something cheaper than Raystorm, if souch sp exists. Thanks.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 9:45am
Less spinny than Raystorm is easy since Raystorm is one of the most spinny SP.
And faster and cheaper I recommend Spectol 21.
Rakza PO is much faster but also sensitive to spin.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 1:48pm
Spectol 21 + Falco Tempo Long Booster once every 3 months.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 2:18pm
Neubauer Killer, adidas blaze speed (very fast)
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:33am
Thank on your suggestions, one of my friends offers me Andro Blowfish, what do you think about that short pips?
Tibhar Defense Plus

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 4:30am
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Thank on your suggestions, one of my friends offers me Andro Blowfish, what do you think about that short pips?

Very good SP, fast but controllable and not very sensitive to spins.
Not as fast as adidas blaze speed.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 3:05am
Try speedy PO, it is the worst experience I had been through with SP.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

Try speedy PO, it is the worst experience I had been through with SP.

Why should I try it, if it was worst experience for you? :) You play with or against it? :)
Tibhar Defense Plus

kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 9:02am
Donic Baxter LB - very good pips for blocks and chops...
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 10:54am
Im sorry
It was against speedy PO.

Ball was fast and drop dead.!!
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:25pm
Moristo, Spectol, Royal…

But what are you trying to do with your pips? 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 1:15pm
You may want to give JOOLA express ultra short pips a shot, it works for me..very quick rubber...spins the ball very well...dead blocks very well..it's all you need!
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Moristo, Spectol, Royal…

I am playing with Dr Neubauer Scalpel on the backahnd side, and cover almost all table with it, so I need something to receive serve on far side forehand and to kill high balls. When oponent spins I am always trying to block of the bounce with my long pips. I am staying close to table all the time, and I am too slow, and technicaly weak to execute strong forehand spin, so I wanted to check if short pips will make my game more effective :). And I tried Bty Raystorm, but my blade is dead slow, and I need something much faster to finish the point, Raystorm was too slow...
Tibhar Defense Plus

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 8:44pm
How about Flarestorm ?
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2015 at 12:21am

Moristo, Spectol, Royal…

I am playing with Dr Neubauer Scalpel on the backahnd side, and cover almost all table with it, so I need something to receive serve on far side forehand and to kill high balls. When oponent spins I am always trying to block of the bounce with my long pips. I am staying close to table all the time, and I am too slow, and technicaly weak to execute strong forehand spin, so I wanted to check if short pips will make my game more effective :). And I tried Bty Raystorm, but my blade is dead slow, and I need something much faster to finish the point, Raystorm was too slow...

Give moristo a try! Or like Zhan Jian you could use 729 802! Spectol is also not a bad option
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 5:05pm

Moristo, Spectol, Royal…

Give moristo a try! Or like Zhan Jian you could use 729 802! Spectol is also not a bad option

Is there any last generation SP that is good for plastic ball. What would be the changes? Harder sponge
. Wider pups maybe and what about the blade?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 9:18am

Sounds to me like your are too passive with your SP.  SP does not have the bounce and trajectory like inverted, so on fast serve, or slow loop, and you just stick your paddle out to block, chances are the ball will go into the nest.  On heavy spin or hard loop, due to the softer sponge of SP, you will 'eat' all the spin and pop the ball off the table.  So basically no SP can do what you are looking for. You need to be more active with SP.  I think Raystorm is the best SP for you to learn from.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 9:27am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Is there any last generation SP that is good for plastic ball. What would be the changes? Harder sponge
Have you try Haifu Dolphin (Yellow Sponge), it's not the latest generation, nor the fastest.   But the pips are large and a bit on a harder side.  I find it very powerful and quite suitable for the new ball.  It is quite expensive, and not easy to find.  The Andro Blowfish has almost the same pip structure as the Dolphin, but softer, so a bit harder to hit through spin, but on the plus side, it's easier to loop and generate spin, and if you search around, you can find one with quite a decent price.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

Have you try Haifu Dolphin (Yellow Sponge), it's not the latest generation, nor the fastest.   But the pips are large and a bit on a harder side.  I find it very powerful and quite suitable for the new ball.  It is quite expensive, and not easy to find.  The Andro Blowfish has almost the same pip structure as the Dolphin, but softer, so a bit harder to hit through spin, but on the plus side, it's easier to loop and generate spin, and if you search around, you can find one with quite a decent price.

I tried dolphin with purple sponge  was so slow maybe it was a bad batch and it was red sheet, where did you get your pips?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 3:21pm

I tried dolphin with purple sponge  was so slow maybe it was a bad batch and it was red sheet, where did you get your pips?
Got mine from a friend, but you can order from Eacheng.  It's not fast, but powerful, once you engage the sponge.  The ones with red sponge is powerful too, but the sponge is too hard, so it's hard to control, it's either not engage enough sponge, hence no power, or engage sponge too much and the ball fly off the table.

Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 10:26pm

Moristo, Spectol, Royal…

zhan uses haifu dolphin after glue ban.

Johnny1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2015 at 10:28pm

purple sponge of dolphin supposes the highest class of haifu. do u use the factory turned version?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic