FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Nimbus Delta review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Nimbus Delta review
    Posted: 08/25/2015 at 4:45pm
I was curious to what it is like, if it is any different from the Bluefire M1 that I normally use on both sides as a rubber that I can play on a good level with and that sells for a reasonable price.

Its sponge different, actually it has the same white non-porous sponge that the Andro Roxxon 500 has. The topsheet seems different and the whole rubber seems to be more resilient when I press it with my fingers. I am testing it tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 11:49pm
it is because it is not the latest generation esn rubber. i have seen patterns of the esn rubbers this year that releases their latest rubber both as top of the line product and the other one as an enhanced version of an older rubber. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 2:01am
Which Delta are you talking about: V or S?

Looking forward to your review :)
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 10:18am
It is the V. It looks good by bouncing the ball on it. I tried some loops on the curtain and the Nimbus Delta V feels more solid than the M1 when you start hitting hard. I am curios how that will work out at the table.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 5:14pm
I have mixed feelings about it and I do not want to pass a judgement right away until I have done some further testing.

In a word, it could be called Andro Roxon upgrade. To give a better comparison, there was a Donic rubber about 6-7 years ago that is almost identical to te Tibhar actually. Sonex Jorgen Persson if I recall properly except that had a sponge like Donic Acuda S1 and the Delta V has a sponge like the Roxon.

Compared to the Roxon, it gives a little more speed, a lower and longer trajectory. The feel is exceptionally good. Speed is about M1 level but - and this is the downside - the topsheet does not seem to help at all if you are out of position. If you have played with MX-S and experienced problems with that, the Delta V is worse.

In terms of spin it remains below recent coverings. The marketing blurb is right in saying that it is for players who want speed. If you rely on fast topspins and your strokes are relatively short this might be a rubber of interest.

I am doing further testing to see if it becomes more helpful and it is just the glue job that I botched.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2015 at 12:03pm
I played with it again today. My final thoughts on it: it is a little variation on the Roxxon 500. Not really good on loops, it is more of a countering rubber as the topsheet is somehow unhelpful on loops. The feel is good but it lacks the power of MX-P. Good for beginners or lower-intermediate players.

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2015 at 6:11pm
I posted a review of the Tibhar Delta V on this forum.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic