Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Air Scirocco SF specifically/Air rubbers generall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Scirocco SF specifically/Air rubbers generall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 6:48pm
Cole, I am a little confused with these descriptions since with most modern rubbers, I have not found softer to be spinnier especially on hard impact.< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

With these rubbers, is there anything that has a hard sponge and a stiff topsheet that is either very grippy or slightly tacky?

Thanks
ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I'd say illumina is spinnier than assassin.  on closer inspection I'd say Illumina is both tackier and softer.  none of them are really tacky though.  maybe illumina is a bit waxy or shinier.

but if you get a really good swing off, the harder sponge might give a better kick and load?

plus I'd say a lot of players might like the cleaner break of the very non tacky topsheet.  I checked out the assassin topsheet closely today and all I can say is it reminds me a lot of coppa.  maybe that helps.

Thanks. That helps me picture it better, as I've played w/ Coppa several times.
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 7:00pm
Topsinschuss: "Second, in case this version of Air Scirocco SF disappears for good, what would be the best Air rubber replacement? AssassinS? Illumina?"

Thanks for your impressions of Scirocco. If you get a chance to play w/ Illumina, I'd be curious to hear what a player of your level thinks of it.
topspinschuss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by sspark80 sspark80 wrote:

Thanks for your impressions of Scirocco. If you get a chance to play w/ Illumina, I'd be curious to hear what a player of your level thinks of it.

I'd test Illumina and AssassinS on an alternative blade (not my main setup) and report back here if I get my hands on them randomly (or someone gives me his old rubbers), but for now I'm playing with Scirocco and quite happy with it. Don't want to mess myself up by constantly testing things on my main setup. Once my Sciroccos get old...which may just take forever given the topsheet/sponge glue job and grippiness of the surface, I'm definitely going to give AssassinS and also possibly Illumina a try. Maybe even test them on a slow Chinese blade like LKT Instinct or whatever Stiga Allround alternative there is. 

Edited by topspinschuss - 09/22/2015 at 8:30pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 8:36pm

to the degree that they are sticky, that sticky is supposed to wear off quickly.  all are marketed as euro rubbers. 

I honestly think they're all extremely durable.  Red illumina on the bh is great, and it lasts a year easy if you take care of it.  Well, for me it does.  I'm not exactly ripping bh loops 30min each practice.

I can confirm with the Scirocco...started lightly sticky (picked up ball) but after playing with it about half an hour turned non-sticky. Still very grippy and tiny bit of stick left...not enough to pick up a ball, but enough so that your finger sticks on the rubber for a fraction of a second. I remember the Dawei Inspirit Quattra and IQUL were the same way. And if I remember correctly, their stickiness completely disappeared after a few days to a week. 

Cole...a good rubber should last at least a year for higher level players too without bubbling. I can rip one loop after another for years with Sriver or Mark V without them bubbling. Yes, their surfaces get old, but the bubbling issue is a real downer with so many Chinese rubbers out there due to quality control issues. I bubbled every single Giant Dragon rubber I tested, too (Karata Hard and Superspin G3). Those companies aren't doing themselves any favors. I don't remember ever bubbling an (untuned) Inspirit Quattro. 
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by topspinschuss topspinschuss wrote:

to the degree that they are sticky, that sticky is supposed to wear off quickly.  all are marketed as euro rubbers. 

I honestly think they're all extremely durable.  Red illumina on the bh is great, and it lasts a year easy if you take care of it.  Well, for me it does.  I'm not exactly ripping bh loops 30min each practice.

I can confirm with the Scirocco...started lightly sticky (picked up ball) but after playing with it about half an hour turned non-sticky. Still very grippy and tiny bit of stick left...not enough to pick up a ball, but enough so that your finger sticks on the rubber for a fraction of a second. I remember the Dawei Inspirit Quattra and IQUL were the same way. And if I remember correctly, their stickiness completely disappeared after a few days to a week. 

Cole...a good rubber should last at least a year for higher level players too without bubbling. I can rip one loop after another for years with Sriver or Mark V without them bubbling. Yes, their surfaces get old, but the bubbling issue is a real downer with so many Chinese rubbers out there due to quality control issues. I bubbled every single Giant Dragon rubber I tested, too (Karata Hard and Superspin G3). Those companies aren't doing themselves any favors. I don't remember ever bubbling an (untuned) Inspirit Quattro. 
< id="hc_extension_off">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast">< id="hc_extension_highcontrast_back">< id="hc_extension_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_grayscale_back">< id="hc_extension_invert">< id="hc_extension_invert_back">< id="hc_extension_invert_grayscale">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black">< id="hc_extension_yellow_on_black_back">

That must be contact dependent.  Some years ago, I recall I finally gave up on Sriver EL because it would bubble after 3-4 hours of practice and I am not nearly as good as you are.

Then again, that was during glue days, although I was not a heavy gluer.

I ended up progressively playing with harder and harder rubbers partly because they lasted better.  Still, I do not think I have ever played with a rubber that could last a year of even moderate practice.

When I practiced three times a week, nothing lasted more than 6-8 weeks and that is really just 50 hours of practice.  With matchplay, rubbers lasted quite a bit longer though.  

The typical failure mode was pips breaking underneath the topsheet where I make impact most of the time.  The topsheet was still grippy, but with broken pips you effeectively had a dead spot.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 10:24pm

I wasn't implying that it was going to bubble.  I was more guessing you would wear the topsheet slick.

What color sponge was under your scirocco?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Cole, I am a little confused with these descriptions since with most modern rubbers, I have not found softer to be spinnier especially on hard impact. With these rubbers, is there anything that has a hard sponge and a stiff topsheet that is either very grippy or slightly tacky?

Thanks
ILya

Yeah, I agree with you.  Certainly for me the softer sponge is easier to spin.  But I think some (and I could be wrong) players with big enough swings get more spin out of the firmer sponge.  They can still deform it and when they do it snaps back harder?  The topsheet is a little different feel...perhaps he prefers that and just feels it as more spin?

Really, they're all fairly similar to me.  That's not to say they're all not different, but it's subtle.  I'll certainly welcome anybody else trying it out.  Maybe I should make a "family pack pick 4" different rubbers with the air trio and UL.  Right now while my stock's high, I would sell that for $40 plus 5 ship.  You can pick your own specs, but it has to be one of each.  

I probably should pay $50 marketing fees to the house for this. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 1:13am

I probably should pay $50 marketing fees to the house for this. 

Don't worry about the house, just pay me! I take credit cards, too. WinkBig smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 1:15am

I wasn't implying that it was going to bubble.  I was more guessing you would wear the topsheet slick.

I know. I was just making sure that we're all on the same page. :)  Both of my sciroccos have a yellow sponge. Looks remarkably similar to what I remember Inspirit Quattro used to have.  Why are you asking? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 1:22am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

That must be contact dependent....

.....Then again, that was during glue days, although I was not a heavy gluer.

ILya

Yeah, glueing and tuning can make it easier to bubble rubbers. I was talking about untuned and unglued rubbers. When I talk about bubbling rubbers I always refer to rubbers that I play the way they came from the factory. Even with heavy tuning I only managed to bubble Sriver once...and we're talking about a rubber that was stretched about an inch or more from its original size. Obviously great gluing job Butterfly did. 

What I noticed about the Scirocco is that it is also very tear resistant. I took a thinner section of the cutout and pulled it as much as I can to see when either the topsheet or both the topsheet and sponge will tear/snap. Took LOTS of strength to cause a snap. With Outlaw you pull a little bit and the topsheet already tears/snaps even before the sponge snaps in two. My conclusion would be that Scirocco is not only going to be hard to bubble, it's also going to not easily crack or tear. 
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 9:01am

I know. I was just making sure that we're all on the same page. :)  Both of my sciroccos have a yellow sponge. Looks remarkably similar to what I remember Inspirit Quattro used to have.  Why are you asking? 

A couple of the last batches came on white or red sponge.  Yellow was the standard version for years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 12:59pm

A couple of the last batches came on white or red sponge.  Yellow was the standard version for years.

I actually like the yellow one...I think you should keep it and not replace everything with the red sponge. I've seen all the Air rubbers you carry on all kinds of sponges on the Internet (mainly in the German speaking world...I'm originally from Germany). I assume AssassinS is on a red sponge? Well, here it's on a yellow one (in Switzerland)...seems identical to the sponge my Sciroccos are on (click on the second thumbnail under large pic): 

In Germany it' been sold since August last year (2014) with the red sponge and all the rubbers (including scirocco) come in "sound, "balance", and "attack pro" version depending on sponge hardness (in increasing order from left to right in this case).  I've also seen Scirocco with a red sponge. 

It would be nice to have consistent versions out there over a few years (and market the hell out of them so they get established) so that people that do end up using them can be assured that the rubber will still be there *in that version* years from now. There is nothing worse than finding a rubber that you really like...and the manufacturer decides to change it..or get rid of it altogether. 

Edited by topspinschuss - 09/23/2015 at 1:05pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 1:01pm
Yes, I agree that there's been too much changing.  Tell that to them.

I've not seen assassin on yellow sponge.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 11:23pm
maybe cole should ask em for Blue sponge on the black rubbers :D especially for the new tacky ones he put in order.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 12:25am
there are really nice, harder versions of the red sponge...45 and 50.  I was going to try the 45.

But I agree, there is a bit of a marketing kick from blue sponges

vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 7:52am
I do like the red sponge more than the yellow or white purely on aesthetics. But blue does sell. I agree getting some standardization or method to Air may help. Naming rubbers based on what they do also helps. I had no idea what illumina 88 or 25 meant.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topspinschuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 1:57pm
While we're at it...the name "DefenderS" sounds misleading, too. It sounds like it's a rubber for choppers (i.e. defensive players) or possibly blockers. But then I saw a version of DefenderS in Germany called "DefenderS G15 Attack Pro" with a hard sponge and it was classified as an attack rubber just like AssassinS. You may want to clarify that Cole...and possibly list DefenderS and AssassinS separately. 

Also...what's the deal with the red sponge? Is it even faster than the already fast yellow sponge? Louder? More glue effect feeling? 

Edited by topspinschuss - 09/24/2015 at 1:58pm
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 6:34pm
I've told him that many times.  He says a better translation would be guardian or shield. go figure

Which is why I've focused on selling it in 1.5 and trying to get out an accurate description of the rubber whenever possible

sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 5:21pm
Sorry for the off-topic question.
But, Cole, could you briefly describe your style of play? I'm interested because you play w/ a looping blade but w/ thin rubbers by today's standards.
Thanks.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 7:47pm
I don't really consider w6 that much of a looping blade by nature.  It does because it's not real thick, but it's got a harder outer ply that hits as well as it loops.

I used to try to let the ball drop and loop it up but my back won't let me do that anymore.  Always my serve has been my strength and my serve return is pretty good as well.  about the only ball I let drop is a backspin now.  I stand my ground even if the ball is going by me.

Against most loopers my strength is in that short game serve and push, and I like being attacked with topspin and blocking or light countering back.  I can hit pretty flat with the thinner sponge, although it doesn't carry real well.  I can topspin a backspin really well in limited amounts, but struggle if I get into a counterlooping game.

With my setup, I struggle to put away dead balls and maintain an attack against drop shot type players. By nature I play much better with spin than against people that kill spin.  When I do loop, it's usually a kissing loop loaded for spin more than pace.  I don't miss the sponge very often.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 7:50pm
In fact lately I've been using cjc top on 1.5 red 40 sponge on forehand and defender s 1.5 on bh.  I've been emphasizing more the short game, blocking and pushing.  When I hit or counter it's for angles and quick off the bounce.

When I lull an opponent to sleep and they push long, I can put a lot of spin on that ball even in 1.5.  With thinner sponge I feel some ability to chop down some opening topspins or turn an opened point back into backspin, which I didn't used to have for a while with the illumina 1.8.

Edited by cole_ely - 09/26/2015 at 7:52pm

sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:34am
Thanks for the reply. It sounds you like play a very interesting and thoughtful style that capitalizes on your strengths.   
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2016 at 3:16am
Resurrecting this thread because 1) I've tried all four of Cole's Air rubbers mentioned and would like to add to the discussion, 2) I am a big fan of the Air product line, and 3) I'd like to give Cole some free publicity because he has been great to work with. Thumbs Up

I have spent most time with AssassinS and Illumina Alpha.  DefenderS was short lived because I greatly struggle with sponges softer than 40 degrees in the short game and I only played Scirocco SF for two sessions, but I'll give my experiences based on use with a 5-ply OFF- looping shakehand blade and a 8.5mm 5-ply Jpen.  Also, I am not very good at being objective when giving reviews.  I only know how I've performed with each.

Illumina Alpha - 41 degrees, topsheet softer than AssassinS and grippy with slight tack.  My first love.  Blocking machine.  Even two of my buddies who crush or loop everything commented on the ease of blocking and feel of the Illumina.  Good looping, awesome all-arounder with good speed.  Incredible placement accuracy.  I tell all the new guys who are looking at Mark V to save their money and get a faster, better Illumina.

AssassinS - Sponge is marked 37 degrees but the topsheet is harder than Illumina.  It is grippy as well but has less of a tack feeling than Illumina.  This is my favorite rubber of the bunch due to the incredible amounts of spin I am able to generate, specifically with RPB and SH BH.  I've used tons of ESN rubbers and hybrids and none of them have been able to produce the heavy second-bounce dive of the AssassinS.  Maybe it is a product of my form but I've won lots of points due to the ball diving below opponent's blades.  I think once you get past the topsheet with enough force it brings out the spinniness of the softer sponge.  This is where I concur with Cole that a heavier stroke brings out more spin and snap.  It has replaced Illumina as my "comfort and consistency" rubber on BH.  Also, I have never had better BH flicks than I do with AssassinS--low, fast and spinny.

DefenderS - 37 degree sponge, softest topsheet of the bunch and very grippy, superb quality topsheet.  Was able to generate monstrous spin, lifting backspin was comedically easy, and service spin was awesome, but I struggled to get the ball over the net when looping a few steps back from the table.  Due to this I would say DefenderS is the slowest of the bunch.  The short game was bouncy and I struggled to keep pushes low and blocks accurate, but as I said <40 degrees+soft top and I have never gotten along.  I really wanted to like this one due to the easy spin, but to no avail.  Maybe 1.9 could tame some of the bounce (mine was 2.1).  Also, choppers or more defensive players might enjoy this rubber.

Scirocco SF - 45 degrees, waxy topsheet.  I play mostly with hard, tacky chinese FH rubbers like Battle II, H8 and hybrids like Big Dipper so I was looking forward to trying Scirocco SF though it isn't really tacky or bouncy.  The hardness reminded me of hard and tacky chinese rubbers (probably softer), but without the tack I didn't really find anything to write home about.  For me it felt very much like a "normal rubber" without any outstanding features which I had never experienced before.  I actually think I should have let it break in more for a full conclusion.  For some reason my service really struggled with this rubber--balls into the net and couldn't generate enough spin (too many dead ducks).  My brain couldn't quite pick out whether to serve Chinese or Euro/Jap style.  Mine was the newer version with the red Air sponge in 2.1, so I don't think its the same as topspinschuss'. 

Speed:  AssassinS > Illumina>=Scirocco SF > DefenderS
Spin:  AssassinS=DefenderS=Illumina=Scirocco SF  (This is kind of misleading because the spin is different with each rubber)
Blocking:  Illumina > AssassinS > Scirocco SF > DefenderS
Short Game:  Illumina >= AssassinS > Scirocco SF > DefenderS
Service Spin:  Illumina=DefenderS > AssassinS > Scirocco SF

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

(I updated this review a few posts down.)

Edited by DLC1325 - 07/17/2016 at 2:11am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2016 at 6:33am
Thank you DLC1325 for reviving this thread, as i have been pondering why these rubbers do not get more discussion on this board. Bang for the buck they are about as as good as it gets. I have bought all 4 (did not use defenderS but gave to a friend) and used 3 a good bit. I would differ with your ratings a little in that i think scirocco on the 45 degree red sponge is faster than assasinS.
These rubbers are close but not the same. For reasons i cannot articulate i really like assasinS but do not like illumina-I get more spin and speed w assasinS and i assume i like the firmer topsheet. To me assasinS is a great do it all rubber in the tradition of mark v, sriver and juic scramble. And i can get them for about 16 dollars a sheet!

Edited by vanjr - 07/16/2016 at 6:36am
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2016 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Thank you DLC1325 for reviving this thread, as i have been pondering why these rubbers do not get more discussion on this board. Bang for the buck they are about as as good as it gets.

I wonder the same because in my opinion the quality, performance and durability surpasses other companies like Yinhe/Galaxy, KTL/LKT, 729, and even some ESN rubbers I've tried.  They would surely last a year with care as mentioned (if only I could stop EJing...).  Its a joy opening one up an gazing upon the beautiful red sponge!

I would differ with your ratings a little in that i think scirocco on the 45 degree red sponge is faster than assasinS.

Which wood make sense given the harder sponge.  I guess when I played with them it seemed I was able to generate quicker and more deadly (pun) speed with AssassinS, or maybe it was just better spin.  I just remembered that Scirocco was actually pretty good on the BH because the waxy/grippiness would make my loops dive like H8 does on my FH.  

For reasons i cannot articulate i really like assasinS but do not like illumina-I get more spin and speed w assasinS and i assume i like the firmer topsheet.

I think I like AssassinS more as well because of the firmer feel and topsheet.  I like Illumina but if I get too big of a swing it feels too soft and get an unpleasant crack sound whereas AssassinS just eats up my power and pushes it into the ball.  Maybe Illumina would be better for a lighter, more brush-type stroke.

To me assasinS is a great do it all rubber in the tradition of mark v, sriver and juic scramble. And i can get them for about 16 dollars a sheet!

I can see that.  Although I played Mark V and Sriver for a long time and I could never generate the speed and spin that I can with AssassinS.  I think its more deadly (yes, another pun). Big smile

Edited by DLC1325 - 07/17/2016 at 1:39am
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 1:55am
So after my session this evening I feel I need to update my review on Scirocco SF with the new red sponge.  Let's just say in-session my practice partner thought it was the Omega V Tour I had previously by the way it played.  It was put on a different blade this time and I think it made a difference.  It felt very much like the hard, tacky Chinese rubbers I'm used to but it isn't really tacky, just waxy/shiny, and I didn't have to adjust really anything on my FH loop stroke.  Also, the service problems I mentioned are gone.  I don't know why but it worked really well tonight.  I felt very comfortable all night.  So comfortable in fact that I was counter looping my partner who is a looping machine.  I haven't been much of a counter looper up until tonight.  For once I was putting pressure on my training partner and feeling very comfortable doing it.

This could also be said for Illumina which I also used tonight.  I think its easier to loop/counter loop with Illumina but I seemed to get more meat out of Scirocco.  On BH Illumina is just awesome for precision blocking to the corners a la Waldi and I noticed it actually felt more comfortable and consistent to loop on the BH for shakehand.  BH flicking also seemed easier than AssassinS.  I didn't have to engage the sponge as much as with AssassinS which is probably due to having to get through the harder top sheet.  Illumina just might be replacing my AssassinS on SH BH.  AssassinS really needed some work to get the incredi-spin but it worked really well in long rallies.  AssassinS will forever stay on my RPB though as the stroke seems to get into the sponge much quicker.  Maybe I just need to work on my SH BH more.

In summary, Air rubbers FTW. Clap

Edited by DLC1325 - 07/17/2016 at 2:12am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 3:14am
For sure illumina or defender on bh. Esp since the 2.1 pushes 70g uncut.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2016 at 7:29am
I was impressed with Assassin S, excellent spin for my kind of stroke that wraps topsheet and engages sponge. Cole gave me a sheet on one of my orders to try out. Some Soldier somewhere is still smiling because of Cole, I made him a bat with rubbers from Cole. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic