Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Exclusive Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 11:09am
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i don't know if this is 7 ply or 5 ply. if it is 7 ply then it is closer to the 7.6 sense. if they will make a 5 ply intensity, then there is no point in making the same blade under the same brand unless it has a slightly different construction like a thicker core. Looks like walnut for the top plies.

No cpen version?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

i don't know if this is 7 ply or 5 ply. if it is 7 ply then it is closer to the 7.6 sense. if they will make a 5 ply intensity, then there is no point in making the same blade under the same brand unless it has a slightly different construction like a thicker core. Looks like walnut for the top plies.

No cpen version?

Yes, it is called Xu Xin Intensity.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

No cpen version?

I dont know who sell that. I checked ttex and they sell clipper with the old lens i wonder if its the same quality as the older models
http://www.ttex.se/en/stommar/4599-stiga-stomme-clipper-wood.html

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 11:57pm

Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

No cpen version?

I dont know who sell that. I checked ttex and they sell clipper with the old lens i wonder if its the same quality as the older models
http://www.ttex.se/en/stommar/4599-stiga-stomme-clipper-wood.html

Here for example: http://nexyttstore.com/blades/50-xu-xin-intensity-nct-cp-korean-special.html#/weight-8085g
A friend of mine got one in China but I don't know exactly where.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 02/25/2016 at 11:58pm
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2016 at 11:25am
Finally got a chance to test this, my first time playing table tennis in quite some time.  I had it setup with h8 forehand, and goldarc III backhand.  My training partner was also using this blade with h3 neo and tenergy 64 - his is the 2nd one pictured above, and its his main blade now!

I'm a long-time clipper CR user and was pleasantly surprised by this blade - I was worried about the hollow feeling that a lot of 5 ply blades have, and that wasn't the case here, the blade has great feedback but not too much vibration for my preferences.  Touch and control are better than clipper as you'd expect from a 5 ply - I was more comfortable over the table and returning serves with this blade.  The exclusive is also quite quick and faster than I expected.  It throws higher compared to clipper and I had to adjust my racket angle / strokes a bit, but the adjustment didn't take long.

I'm going through a transition right now with work so not sure when I'll get to play again but as soon as I get back to TT I plan to keep using this blade.

It may be because I'm rusty but H8 felt hard and fast (as in the ball sat on the rubber less than I prefer) on the exclusive, and I put a sheet of h3 on after the session.  
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2016 at 12:45pm
chronos, i thought it was just another intensity blade but boy i was wrong!
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2016 at 2:40pm
Nice yeah, I haven't tried Intensity but can confirm that this blade feels stiff which I prefer (coming from clipper), if intensity is more flexible I think I'd prefer this one.  Also while I like the carbon effect of the stiga NCT coating I don't like what it does to the feeling and the bare outers of the exclusive are more my style.

I sealed the blade with one layer of zissner shellac and sanded it down to protect the outer ply - when I pulled the h8 I didn't have any problems thankfully.

Thanks for your great reviews yogi.
winterdrops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winterdrops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2016 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

Nice yeah, I haven't tried Intensity but can confirm that this blade feels stiff which I prefer (coming from clipper), if intensity is more flexible I think I'd prefer this one.  Also while I like the carbon effect of the stiga NCT coating I don't like what it does to the feeling and the bare outers of the exclusive are more my style.

I sealed the blade with one layer of zissner shellac and sanded it down to protect the outer ply - when I pulled the h8 I didn't have any problems thankfully.

Thanks for your great reviews yogi.

Could you compare with clipper pls? 
Stiga Infinity
Fh: Bluefire M2

Bh: Evolution ELP
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2016 at 3:38pm
Slower / less powerful, higher throw, more vibration.  Better touch over the table.  Blocks well but not as solidly as clipper unsuprisingly.  Spinnier loops.  That's all I got so far but I only had one session so far!  For clipper users looking for a 5 ply blade this may be a good option.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic