FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fan ZhenDong Personal Hurricane 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttwater View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan ZhenDong Personal Hurricane 3
    Posted: 12/10/2015 at 11:11pm
Sponsored Links

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2015 at 11:43pm
Nice find

Is that Fan's hand ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 12:22am
40.5 .
Thought dhs hardness only comes in whole numbers till today.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 3:50am
lol nope. Zhang Jike used 40.5 for a while before as well. 
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 2:27pm
Those are the exact same pictures that prott.cc has and they're selling it for $230. They are the same store that sells Professional Version Tenergy for $122. How are these not fakes?
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 2:35pm
Also do you know why it says 2.1mm? Because when you boost the rubber, the rubber will expand to the exact 4.0mm limit. If its 2.15, most of the time it will go over the ittf racket limit.  Just spreading rumors and making EJers look for the elusive 2.1mm version. LOL
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 2:49pm
lol but your sig says you're using the 2.1 version, but at a different hardness.

42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

lol but your sig says you're using the 2.1 version, but at a different hardness.

I could tell you where i got it from, but then i may have to silence you with the goon squad...LOL

Edited by 42andbackpains - 12/11/2015 at 5:40pm
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 5:47pm
www.prott.cc has so much fake stuff up on website, it's hard to trust that he's telling the truth. According to the website, you can get Ma Long's personal blade...

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

Those are the exact same pictures that prott.cc has and they're selling it for $230. They are the same store that sells Professional Version Tenergy for $122. How are these not fakes?

If you look at the past posts from the OP, all he did was copy the pictures and content from prott.cc and start a single post thread, it's very likely he works for prott.cc and he just try to do some advertising here.

prott.cc is like ttnpp, they source stuff from china, doesn't matter if it's authentic or real, and they put it up on their site. 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 8:33pm
I have just checked out the special blades and rubbers on prott.cc and the prices. whether real or fake, are several hundred degrees Fahrenheit beyond insane.  $250 (a sheet??!!) for the same Hurricane that Zhang Jike uses and $500 for a Wang Hao penhold blade!!!???Wacko 

Come on.  For that kind of money, only Donald Trump, who doesn't play pong but delights in pissing everybody off, can afford this kind of bling.

And could I afford a $1000 blade and rubber combination I'd damn well expect to play like Zhang or Wang or I'd fire off an extremely nasty note to prott.cc demanding double my money back.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 9:08pm
Ridiculous. There is something sick in the head of the owner of prott.cc
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Ridiculous. There is something sick in the head of the owner of prott.cc

if ppl buy it, also business-oriented in the head. value created out of perception.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 9:54pm
I know that you guys are surprised by the prices, but there are actually a lot of Chinese people who buy them in China. There are definitely real rubbers and real blades around, and the prices are as high as those mentioned, ie. $500 for Wang Hao's blade. That's because if that really is one of the blades made personally for Wang Hao, it is worth that price lol. Also, these prices are not considered expensive in China for those who can afford them......which is a lot of people lol
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

I know that you guys are surprised by the prices, but there are actually a lot of Chinese people who buy them in China. There are definitely real rubbers and real blades around, and the prices are as high as those mentioned, ie. $500 for Wang Hao's blade. That's because if that really is one of the blades made personally for Wang Hao, it is worth that price lol. Also, these prices are not considered expensive in China for those who can afford them......which is a lot of people lol

Dear MLfan,

I am gratified to read that "a lot of" table tennis players in China are now sufficiently affluent so as to be able to afford a $500 blade made personally for Wang Hao, though I remain puzzled as to why they would choose to do so.

From 2000 to 2005 I played with a custom made Chinese penhold blade which my friend and former business partner for Hock Table Tennis Don Varian made for me as a gift.  Its price would have been about $59.99.  The Leyland hard rubber I used came affixed to the blade, but it could be had at that time for $5.00 per sheet.

Wang Hao remains one of my favorite modern players, though initially I copied the reverse penhold backhand from Ma Lin, so I guess that makes me a Ma Lin fan as well (or are you a Ma Long fan?).  I remain, so far as I know, the only person to have won major championships (under-1500 level hardbat) 2 U.S. Opens, one National Championship, one North American Championship incorporating the rpb with a hard rubber racket.

I hope, however, that Fernando Chang, who plays extremely well both offensively and defensively with a hard rubber racket using rpb, will become the second player to win a major championship using the rpb offensively and defensively as I did.  And I hope that he will come to this year's National Championships to try his hand at whatever hard rubber event he might think would be suitable for him.

Edited by berndt_mann - 12/11/2015 at 10:54pm
bmann1942
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2015 at 11:07pm
I had red somewhere in this forum, where it said that the owner of prott cc was a provincial player himself early in his career.
I don't know if there is any truth to it.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 5:44pm
Well I mean as far as the stamps go it looks legit. 

If I were going on these pics alone, I'd say they're real. 
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 6:15pm
Because the custom-made chinese penhold blade isn't made by DHS, nor is it made ONLY for Wang Hao. How is it puzzling that they would spend $500? 

1. They can
2. They want to use the equipment that their favourite players are using. 

And the purpose of your anecdote is...?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2015 at 9:54pm
But when strong or bold players encounter one another, does the one who uses the $500 blade and $250 dollar rubber his favorite player uses win?  For a thousand dollar investment, one would surely hope so.
bmann1942
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 12:17pm
The placebo effect alone is worth it for some people, I guess.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 1:35pm
Sure, $1000 is toy money to a lot of people in the major Chinese cities. But what assurance do you have that the blade is genuine when the place sells so many fake items?
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:11pm
500 USD for a blade that you never know if it is used by some good player like Hao? Pfff....
250 USD for tt rubber?!? Pffff....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic