Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avalox 777, Avalox 700 and Clipper family

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avalox 777, Avalox 700 and Clipper family
    Posted: 07/30/2006 at 12:20am
i ve been using couples of 5-ply wood blades, like OC CR WRB, Avalox 555, BTY Korbel, DHS H-WL, and just love the control, feel and vibration of those. I m kinda curious to try out a 7-ply wood blade, so which one among those 7-ply would be higher recommended in term of speed, control and feel?
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
Sponsored Links

transmed999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote transmed999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 12:42am

I'm using Clipper CR WRB, which is 7 plies, and find it to have good speed, control and touch.

I've tried the OC CR WRB, and the Clipper CR WRB is considerably faster, slightly stiffer, but still have good control and touch.

The Clipper CR WRB is one of the fastest 7 ply all wood blade in the market, but still have good touch and control.

If you don't like carbon blades but want the extra speed while still maintaining some control and touch, then i would recommend you give the Clipper CR WRB at go.

hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 9:47am
yeah, i used to play with BTY Moonbeam(Arylate-Carbon), and then i switched to BTY Primorac Carbon, but now i m really enjoyed the feel of all wood blade.
i heard some people who already tried the Avalox 7-ply blades, said that those Avalox are almost as fast as the Clipper wrb, but the feel and control are much better. Is it true?
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2006 at 7:19pm

Clipper Classic is the most fast and heaviest of the bunch.  Mid 90 gram weight I believe.  The Clipper CR WRB I was testing out was about 90 grams.

The Avalox BT 777  has the most control.  I would say this blade has more control since it doesn't have that hard outer CR layer.  The ball bounces of the CR layer on the Clipper CR WRBs pretty fast.  The varnish on the Avalox BT 777 are not as hard and the 777s retain some softness without  splintering if you Speed Glue.  So the Clipper CR WRB and The Avalox BT 777 are pretty close in Control.  To hard to tell.  So I will give the 2 blades a tie but a slight edge of control to the Avalox.

Feel - I'd say the Avalox BT 777 too, but just because the face is not that hard.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic