Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Videos of me playing - any tips?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 6:49pm
Rocketman222, when read in context, is right. Many of the players commenting play ay a lower standard than smackdat.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

True - although I don't play any senior tournaments since I'm still a junior, so my "real" playing level would be around 150-200, as I have beat quite a few players ranked around 150.
I think you will find that it does not work quite like that and looking at your results you are most definitely not a top 200 player yet.  
The Older I get, The better I was.
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 7:07pm
Nice video's Kudos you look pretty good . I'm guessing you play top local league in your area?. Where do you play btw? Have you had a chance to play any seniors BL this year at all? and I'm guessing you play BL Prem or Div 1 Juniors? Great work but I do think you are outside the men's top 150-200 at the moment.... no offence btw. Good thing is you are young and will improve quickly. Keep up the good work wicked videos.

Edited by ghostzen - 03/13/2016 at 7:08pm
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Rocketman222, when read in context, is right. Many of the players commenting play ay a lower standard than smackdat.

He didn't mention players commenting specifically, just a rather off putting statement about few being able to help the OP on this forum, which is wrong IMO.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2016 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by ghostzen ghostzen wrote:

Nice video's Kudos you look pretty good . I'm guessing you play top local league in your area?. Where do you play btw? Have you had a chance to play any seniors BL this year at all? and I'm guessing you play BL Prem or Div 1 Juniors? Great work but I do think you are outside the men's top 150-200 at the moment.... no offence btw. Good thing is you are young and will improve quickly. Keep up the good work wicked videos.
Hi ghostzen,

This was Div 2A JBL, I also played in Premier County Champs for Middlesex this year.

I play local league in North Middlesex (which is basically North London), which is a fun league to play in, but isn't the most competitive, as I win the majority of my matches. I played at the BATTS Senior Super Series and I play SBL Div 4 which is also fun to play in. 

Moving on, I agree with you about being outside of the top 150-200 - I just PM'ed APW discussing this; I would definitely rate myself above 600, but the fact that I beat a top 150 player doesn't necessarily make me that level, it just means I played better than that particular player on the day (mind you he had a very weak backhand).

Where do you play? Do you play SBL, local league and at what standard? Interested to know, thanks for commenting on my post :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2016 at 8:20am
Pemier county is really good Smile I know quite a few lads from your area. Do you know any of these guys? Omar, Mitchell, Igor, Dariusz or Costas at all played them quite a bit in the past. I'm guessing you playing for the premier team means that you were a reserve maybe?  looking at the rankings they have some proper strong players ranked. Did you have a good weekend?

BATTS is a great place Neil and the guys run a great club and the super series in a good standard. Only played once in it so far Unhappy. Ended up a space behind Adam Nutland. (Very lucky draw for me that day!)

I play Div 1 BL at the moment, think we are 3rd or 4th. My Standard is now playing for fun and trying to keep a good or ok level and enjoy the games, health allowing.

The  Videos are cool thanks again.

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2016 at 9:30am

Pemier county is really good Smile I know quite a few lads from your area. Do you know any of these guys? Omar, Mitchell, Igor, Dariusz or Costas at all played them quite a bit in the past. I'm guessing you playing for the premier team means that you were a reserve maybe?  looking at the rankings they have some proper strong players ranked. Did you have a good weekend?

BATTS is a great place Neil and the guys run a great club and the super series in a good standard. Only played once in it so far Unhappy. Ended up a space behind Adam Nutland. (Very lucky draw for me that day!)

I play Div 1 BL at the moment, think we are 3rd or 4th. My Standard is now playing for fun and trying to keep a good or ok level and enjoy the games, health allowing.

I think he forgot to add the word 'junior'  before the word countyWink
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I think he forgot to add the word 'junior'  before the word countyWink

^ yeah I did :/ I know Mitchell and omar, played with omar a few times. I also know costas' son whom I train with sometimes.

Edited by SmackDAT - 03/15/2016 at 11:46am
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic