Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Evolution EL-P thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Evolution EL-P thread
    Posted: 05/23/2016 at 5:24pm
There is no EL-P thread on this forum and the available info is so vague and sparse compared to other popular rubbers with complete reviews out there that I'm creating a thread for this rubber.

Is it suited for BH and FH? How about the control? Does it have a mid high throw? Is durability good? How about lifting backspin? What kind of blade suits it better, composite or all wood?

Edited by Nasche - 05/26/2016 at 8:28pm
Sponsored Links

bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 11:55pm
dude just pick a rubber that feels good enough and practice your game lmao
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Figueiredo81 Figueiredo81 wrote:

I played and tested all Tenergy's and all Evolution series.

For all the Tenergy lovers:

Tenergy 64 = EL-P but EL-P is spinnier
Tenergy 05 = EL-P but EL-P throws quite lower and is faster
Tenergy 80 = EL-P but EL-P throws a bit lower and is a bit faster

For me Tenergy only wins at counter loop close to the table while ball is on the rise. The behavior is a bit erratic here, the contact must be clean and perfect for it to work, with Tenergy you have more room for a less than perfect timing.

EL-P is much better for several other parts of the game: short game, pushes, block, drive, smash.
EL-P is just as spinny as T05 for service but for loop/topspin I reckon T05 gives about 10% more spin for advanced players, even more if your technique is not very good.

Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

EL-P, 67 grams uncut

Speed
The MX-P eventhough I glued it to a 5 ply all wood blade felt like a rocket. The FX-P and EL-P have only a slim difference in speed with the El-P edging out in speed by a few notches. 

Spin
The EL-P was the easiest to create spin among the 3. Eventhough the MX-P spins greater, it requires a bit more effort and a bit higher of a level to fully utilize its power in terms of speed and spin combo on attacks. On pushes and serves, I would still give it to the EL-P but surprisingly, the hardness of the MX-P made it easier to push and serve in a spinny way like using a hard chinese rubber but isnt tacky. 

Control and inside the table game
The FX-P and EL-P were both great inside the table in terms of drop shots and flicks.

Blocking
The El-P is also very controllable on passive blocks.

Conclusion:
Overall, I am biased towards the EL-P, its the most balanced rubber among the 3. Think its like a 5Q or an M2 but spinnier and more lively. Whether you place this in an all wood or a carbon blade, its very controllable and spinny. I would say all the 3 evolution rubbers are offensive rubbers. Not one is slow. They just differ in levels of being fast and spinny. 

Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

I find the throw to be higher on the EL-P compared the MX-P. I have more of a brush stroke through, so that does make s difference.
el-p feels like it's throw is higher ( though it's not exactly a lot higher, but rather the arc is more tight) on brush strokes and around the same as mx-p on drive strokes (can't remember whether it was lower or higher here). I find mx-p easier to use on the bh, need a big swing to get some decent speed with the el-p.

Edited by Nasche - 05/25/2016 at 1:43am
almanian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almanian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 12:15am
BEST BACKHAND RUBBER
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 12:49am
I did not like EL-P. Too hard a topsheet for such a (relatively soft sponge). Result: you need to swing a bit to generate spin but then the rubber is prone to bottoming out. Clearly less spinny than MX-P. Unlike MX-P, EL-P is not that great with plastic ball.

If one wants a fast blocking / hitting BH rubber (like EL-P) but is great in terms of grip with plastic ball (unlike EL-P), I recommend Rakza 9.

PM me if you want to buy a new, red, max EL-P sheet.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 8:34am
Any rubber that suits a brush looper gets a bad review from slevin.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

:-)

This is all about playing stile.

An allround brush looper, blocker or defender review is likely to provide a different view of the same rubber compared to an offensive player.

Edited by Nasche - 06/27/2016 at 1:25pm
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
Tibhar Evolution MX-P BH/FH
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Except that EL-P is not, in any ways, an optimal brush looping rubber with plastic ball (IMHO). It's topsheet is different from MX-P & FX-P (both of which can be used for brush looping). It is less tacky and sometimes the ball slips unless you use sponge for spin. But then if you use sponge, it bottoms out sometimes.

For brush looping with plastic ball & with medium / medium-soft rubbers (since you talked about EL-P), you can use Rakza X Soft or Rakza 9 (both of which have sort of hard topsheets but with an emphasis on grip) or the Xiom Omega V Europe or Rasant Grip (which have a soft, grippy topsheet). Of course, you can use sponge as well quite effectively on these rubbers. But if you want to maintain the punching / blocking characteristic that people like in EL-P or T64, I recommend Rakza 9 out of these.

There may be other rubbers I haven't used (I haven't tried any Adidas, for example) but these are the ones I recommend from my experience in that hardness category.

Edited by slevin - 05/26/2016 at 1:51pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 2:12pm
I actually like MX-P and EL-P, but they are quite different from each other with different strengths and weaknesses.  I am used to T05, so the low throw of EL-P bothered me some, more so on my BH than on my FH for some strange reason.  But I think both of them are good.  If MX-P was just a tiny by softer, I would like it better.  If EL-P threw the ball just a tiny bit higher, I would like it better.  But both Evolution rubbers are very good IMHO.  I like them much much more than any of the Bluefire rubbers I tried or P7 or Rakza. 

I don't know much about the other recent ESN rubbers that people like.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 2:16pm
I enjoyed playing with EL-P along with the other evolution series rubbers much to like overall my only negative cost.    The evolution series seems to offer a good range for various players to choose from and is widely available on short notice from a variety of vendors around the world, a big plus!!!!

Edited by lineup32 - 05/26/2016 at 5:18pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 7:22pm
I forgot to mention one important EL-P attribute in my note above: all that was assuming one plays with a stiff, OFF / OFF+ composite blade. EL-P does not perform well with those.

It works quite well with a soft all-wood blade (in that it does not bottom out as quickly). I have it on my Virtuoso+ and it is good there. It was also decent when I had tried it earlier on a Nittaku Basaltec Outer.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 8:18pm
I tried it on a Tibhar Samsonov alpha, and it played beautifully, and the throw does not feel low at all, so I agree with slevin that it works well on softer/flexy blades.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 10:25pm
MXP vs ELP spinwise... which one has more spin on loops/serves/etc? If, in addition to that, someone could compare their spin to the tenergies (05/64), that would be awesome.
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2016 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

MXP vs ELP spinwise... which one has more spin on loops/serves/etc? If, in addition to that, someone could compare their spin to the tenergies (05/64), that would be awesome.

MX-P plays pretty similarly to tenergy 80 although in general it has a totally different feeling. Tenergy feels mushy while MX-P has harder topsheet.

EL-P on the other hand is a completely different animal. It plays more like a normal ESN rubber. The closest thing to EL-P for me is probably rasant grip
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 3:10am
I played for some time with ELP Max and I liked it at the Stiga Clipper Wood Crest Donic Off. In conjunction with the Clipper Wood played on both sides and also excellent plastic balls. My game is brush loops and felt no shortage of spin and other ailments. Good combo into the middle distance and was not too low in years.
Donic Crest offered more spin and more feeling, I liked it just on the back.
W.

Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 3:10am
I personally don't go along with the blanket statement the ELP "doesn't work with composite blades". It worked reasonably well for me. If there was no such thing as Tenergy 05 I would probably use it. A lot of this is taste and familiarity. It is quite different from MXP for sure. Both are good.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2016 at 5:50am
I feel that an el-p should work well with most blades that have enough flex and dwell. Used it on a tbs and felt decent. Definitely not as powerful as mxp or t05 from a lil far off the table, but good control with some easy spin close to the table. And I found it good enough for brush looping close to the table, while it feels like it might 'bottom out'/ max out on the spin and arc if u go too behind.

But it just dint feel right for my bh, not enough catapult and I felt like I needed to swing more than I do with mxp /t05.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2016 at 12:07am
I've tried EL-P on my Viscaria in place of a MX-S that I didn't enjoy at all.

Someone told it reminds Rasant Grip and I think it's more about the touch that really feels close, but EL-P is bouncier with more "life" and higher throw. I believe EL-P is also faster than RG.

I started with EL-P on my backhand and it was fine, very good on opening loops and better brush looping than the MX-P that I have on this blade, but I'm a bit used to punch block with MX-P on my backhand so I switched EL-P to forehand and it felt great here. EL-P is slower than MX-P, but it is fast enough, I think faster than MX-S I had before and bouncier for sure. Opening loops where easy and despite a bit less spin on power loops away from the table, it's a LOT better than MX-P flat hitting/smashing so at this moment I have EL-P FH and MX-P BH, let's see if I will keep it this way after some sessions.

EL-P seems to have a higher throw than MX-P when brush looping and about the same throw or a tad lower on power loops.

Control is good, the touch is good but if the ball goes deep into the sponge the catapult may send it longer than you wish. The bounciness of MX-P seems to be more linear.

I think spin on serves is on par with MX-P because I got the same returns serving with either.

Good rubber, a bit softer than the other rubbers I'm trying, but it was not tough to adapt.

One more thing, I've tried it with celluloid and plastic balls and didn't feel any slippage with either.

Edited by Nasche - 06/27/2016 at 1:33pm
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2016 at 5:20am
EL-P is my forehand rubber of choice. On carbon blades, it is perfect. The topsheet is a bit softer than T05, the sponge is more porous so it plays completely different (feels harder at low power, and then suddenly softer).

The rubber is rather slow, much less catapult than t05, but on carbon it becomes rather fast (in particular it becomes faster than MX-P).

On carbon, I can't find a problem in the rubber, (after using it for 4 months including many competitions) so I am not trying anything else. (If I did find a problem with it, I would try rasant turbo).

the rubber is not particularly spinny, and is rather slow, but excels in control.

For backhand, I feel it is too hard, and I prefer fx-p there.

make sure you boost el-p with a good booster (I use seamon, better than falco long) and you stretch the rubber about 1cm when you glue it.

Edited by seguso - 06/21/2016 at 5:25am
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

EL-P is my forehand rubber of choice. On carbon blades, it is perfect. The topsheet is a bit softer than T05, the sponge is more porous so it plays completely different (feels harder at low power, and then suddenly softer).

The rubber is rather slow, much less catapult than t05, but on carbon it becomes rather fast (in particular it becomes faster than MX-P).

On carbon, I can't find a problem in the rubber, (after using it for 4 months including many competitions) so I am not trying anything else. (If I did find a problem with it, I would try rasant turbo).

the rubber is not particularly spinny, and is rather slow, but excels in control.

make sure you boost el-p with a good booster (I use seamon, better than falco long) and you stretch the rubber about 1cm when you glue it.

Nice description.  I only play with ALC blades, but this is pretty much how it seemed to me on my FH.  I found it kind of strange on my BH, and there T05 works better for me.  I still use T05 both sides.
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2016 at 5:25pm

Hi Seguso.

Did you mean better with this rubber or overall? Can you elaborate please?

Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
DocWilly View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 1:07am
Can anyone compare EL-P to Vega Pro?
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Nice description.  I only play with ALC blades, but this is pretty much how it seemed to me on my FH.  I found it kind of strange on my BH, and there T05 works better for me.  I still use T05 both sides.

I too play with ALC (Pg-12). Saying "carbon" I was including alc.

Off topic: Baal, since I recall you are *the* autorithy on viscaria and ALC, :) do you happen to know if galaxy/yinhe venus-14 is close to viscaria and tb alc? I've seen pictures and it's the same thickness and construction.

Edited by seguso - 06/22/2016 at 3:21am
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Nasche Nasche wrote:

Hi Seguso.

Did you mean better with this rubber or overall? Can you elaborate please?

overall. seamoon is a lot faster. falco long does not seem to do much. (I use only one layer because otherwise the arc becomes too much and I can't glue.)
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2016 at 6:09am
Sorry seguso. I've never tried one of those.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 2:37pm
Can I get a quick description against Bluefire JP series? Was reading about these rubbers earlier and I heard mixed opinions. I feel like Donic Bluefire JP01 in 1.8mm might be the rubber for me, coming from a Tenergy 64 test blade. It seems to tick the right boxes, soft top sheet, around 47deg hardness, small porous sponge. Give it a bit of a boost and it should reach the 64 speed. Hmmm, or should I look else where like Rasant Grip and EL-P? I just don't want to spend the money for a Tenergy if I can help it.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) wrote:

Can I get a quick description against Bluefire JP series? Was reading about these rubbers earlier and I heard mixed opinions. I feel like Donic Bluefire JP01 in 1.8mm might be the rubber for me, coming from a Tenergy 64 test blade. It seems to tick the right boxes, soft top sheet, around 47deg hardness, small porous sponge. Give it a bit of a boost and it should reach the 64 speed. Hmmm, or should I look else where like Rasant Grip and EL-P? I just don't want to spend the money for a Tenergy if I can help it.

bluefire jp series: the non porous sponge make them slow (much slower than bluefire M series), the softer topsheet make them lower throw than the bluefire M series. Also, bluefire JP are lower throw than evolution -P series. they are like the evolution -S series. The speed of bluefire jp01 is less than bluefire M1 and M2, more or less equal to el-p and mx-p. it makes no sense IMHO to get jp01 less than max, because as I said it is slow. even on backhand. if you must go JP, then probably jp02 is closer to t64 in hardness. But fx-p is more similar imho to t64 than any donic rubber. Fx-p is high throw, linear and fast.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 3:56pm

But fx-p is more similar imho to t64 than any donic rubber. Fx-p is high throw, linear and fast.

T64 is great for punching. Is FX-P good for punching (Never tried. I have 2 FX-P at home. Am hesitant to try because of this).

I thought that JP02 would be more like T64 as it is similar in hardness, throw and pace.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 3:30am
jp02 is slower and much lower throw than t64. fxp is faster and higher throw, more like t64. (though still a bit softer and slower than t64 I guess)

punching is ok with fx-p. (unlike, say, m2 or m3), though it is not a shot that I do. of course it won't be as good as acuda in that.

Edited by seguso - 06/26/2016 at 3:36am
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2016 at 8:38pm
fxp is faster than jp02? :O
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic