Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga 2016 Blades (updated with review)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga 2016 Blades (updated with review)
    Posted: 05/04/2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I think the st handles of stiga ate big enough.

Are they 102mm long and 89mm circumference? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2018 at 2:46pm
I think the st handles of stiga ate big enough.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2018 at 8:48am
My friend is looking for a new all-wood. He is also using the Diamond CQ (I sold him one). Do any of the Stiga ST have handles 102 mm or longer with a circumference of 89mm or more? Thanks.

Edited by richrf - 05/04/2018 at 8:48am
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by cherng cherng wrote:

Carbonado 45 & 90 is very different from Innerforce ZLC and Mizutani. 

notch slower?
cherng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2018 at 3:09am
Carbonado 45 & 90 is very different from Innerforce ZLC and Mizutani. 
Yoshimura Maharu Limited Edition

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Tenergy 64
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 9:21am
is Carbonado 45 or 90 play similar to Innerforce ZLC or Mizutani?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2017 at 11:09am

Edited by piligrim - 05/02/2018 at 9:21am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 7:21pm
can someone compare Eternity to Rutis please?
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 7:15pm
Calvin Klein
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 6:35pm
Eternity.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

A friend got him and Eternity VPS today and of course, I used the opportunity to have a hit with it. He put two T05 on it.

My very first impression was that it is awesome. It has a special feel to it and it is very fast. The straight handle is awesome too. In terms of speed, it is way faster than Korbel Euro with an even better feel. Somebody wrote that its speed is almost Boll ALC and he was right it seems. The weight distribution is great too and it spins great.

A very pleasant surprise from Stiga. However, as he only bought it today, I do not have any insight on how it holds up when the rubbers are being removed.

One thing about its headsize: it is pretty much like a standard Butterfly blade, maybe there is a 1mm difference near the handle but for the most part it is 157x150.
Are you talking about eternity or celero?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 5:19pm
A friend got him and Eternity VPS today and of course, I used the opportunity to have a hit with it. He put two T05 on it.

My very first impression was that it is awesome. It has a special feel to it and it is very fast. The straight handle is awesome too. In terms of speed, it is way faster than Korbel Euro with an even better feel. Somebody wrote that its speed is almost Boll ALC and he was right it seems. The weight distribution is great too and it spins great.

A very pleasant surprise from Stiga. However, as he only bought it today, I do not have any insight on how it holds up when the rubbers are being removed.

One thing about its headsize: it is pretty much like a standard Butterfly blade, maybe there is a 1mm difference near the handle but for the most part it is 157x150.

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 08/24/2017 at 5:50pm
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 3:11am
Originally posted by shogrran shogrran wrote:

I'll post what happened if anyone here's any bit interested.

Still waiting...
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 12:30am

Just got the Celero wood from TT11! Will try it soon with the new Spectol Red and VO>102. Let u guys know once I get a chance to put it together and try.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
d3ssen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d3ssen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2016 at 1:50am
Anyone tried the Celero Wood yet? Really eager to get some nice reviews
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2016 at 6:01am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The blade is powerful enough to be used even at middle distance with a Chinese rubber. I would put the blade's speed almost like that of a regular clipper wood with no cr finish or cc finish. It is as fast as 7 ply blades and also feels like a 7 ply blade but with a softer feel. It feels a few notches harder than the Infinity VPS but significantly faster. The Eternity is like a Tibhar Stratus Powerwood but feels softer and is as fast. Compared to the Emerald, the Eternity feels softer but it can seem to rival the Emerald with its speed. I can clearly say that the Eternity is good enough to be used with the polyball even with just a slow rubber. 

Thank you for your review Yogi.  I'm looking to get an All Wood blade as a second set up (haven't used an All Wood in years).  I use Neo H3 on fh. 

I'm currently deciding between the Eternity (chosen over Infinity) and the Clipper CR.  

What are the main differences between the two and which would you generally recommend?  
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2016 at 10:53pm
I don't know about you guys but I'd actually recommend being extremely careful in sealing the Stiga emerald blades. (And I'm guessing any blade similar to the emerald).

I've tried it and my inexperience almost ruined the blade for me. I'll post what happened if anyone here's any bit interested.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2016 at 4:08am
I am currently using either an Andro ligna or TSPW with 05fx fh and H3N bh.

really I only use the TSPW as ligna is too hard and bouncy for me.

I am really tempted to get an ETERNITY.

what benefits might this have over TSPW or would it be so similar it would be pointless.
Yogis review says it has a soft feel to it, I like the sound of that and think it might help in serve return on bh

any thoughts
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 2:07pm
I say eternity is a tad faster. Occ is stiffer and eternity is better looping
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 7:21am
@yogi

Stiga Eternity Vs Stiga OC Carbon ? (Speed, Spin, Control, Feel,  & Stiffness) paired with H3

Thanks..
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2016 at 10:06am
I use tear mender and rarely have any problem removing rubbers. I have seen some glues that are very strong and likely cause wood splinter.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2016 at 1:04am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

This is why I always put a thin layer of varnish on my blades and remove the rubber side to side and not bottom to top.

I have a clipper that splinter even with varnish
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 11:06am
This is why I always put a thin layer of varnish on my blades and remove the rubber side to side and not bottom to top.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 11:01am
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

Changing rubbers on my Infinity and Emerald frequently and never had any issues. I don't laquer my blades and using Rev3 glue. 

I had a 2x7 mm on my intensity carbon my dealer told me that expensive blades never splinter
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 10:05am
You should consider to lacquer them now, seriously. On a side note, the seller offer me some free balls on my next order out of sympathy. I guess I will stick with them, but never Stiga again.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2016 at 3:16am
Changing rubbers on my Infinity and Emerald frequently and never had any issues. I don't laquer my blades and using Rev3 glue. 
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 5:53am
Thick laquer layers make the blade more stiff. A thin layer would not change the characteristics much.

Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2016 at 12:13am
I've never had problems about splintering with my Optimum Sync until like the 15th time of changing rubber.  Are these new blades build differently?

I am thinking of getting the Celero wood, does lacquering affect characteristics of blade?

Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 6:59pm
Eternal splinters
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2016 at 6:14pm
Anyone tried the new Celero Wood yet? 
Fly away!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic