Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nanoflex FT48 / Hype EL 47.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nanoflex FT48 / Hype EL 47.5
    Posted: 06/06/2016 at 5:06pm
I'm wondering if anyone adopted any of the the newly introduced Gewo 47.5-48 deg rubbers (Nanoflex FT48, Hype EL Pro 47.5) yet? If so, how is the durability?

I thought that there would be some interest especially after patrickhrdlicka mentioned that the Nanoflex is a little like the P7 (except a bit faster). I tried the 2nd one (Hype EL Pro) and liked it quite a bit.

I haven't tried it yet but I bought a sheet but am reluctant to open it for trial till I see some positive review(s). The package was very light (89g compared to 112g for an average MX-P) and the sheet seems more pliable than MX-P (in-package, which might be deceiving). 

From the initial reports, it is a little slower than MX-P which isn't that big a deal for me as I play with a fast blade. The apparent good feel, grippiness and medium-high throw aroused my interest.

I wonder how different it is from the Xiom Omega V Tour...

Edited by slevin - 06/06/2016 at 5:07pm
Sponsored Links

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 6:20am
My Hype 42.5 is holding up nicely after 20 hours of play, mainly on the FH. There is a spot where the black sheet has become whitish but is still good. However, it started out as a hard rubber and I have reglued it 4 times and put it on another blade. Maybe it has shrunk a little but the thing that stands out is that its feel has become a little softer.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 7:27pm
Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

No reviews? I had to pony up to buy a new FT48 to find out myself, then.

Initial reviews (against a robot only as I'm recuperating from an injury): 
MJ-SZLC1: MX-P (max) / OVE (max)
MJ-SZLC2: FT48 (max) / OVT 2.0

I tried MX-P vs OVT vs FT48.

Feel: partickhrdlicka mentioned that it feels like P7. I haven't played P7 much so I don't remember and can't compare. To me, it feels a lot like Rhyzm except with a marginally softer topsheet. The feedback is fantastic - again a lot like Rhyzm's. To me, it is an improved Rhyzm (as Rhyzm was too insensitive for me in loop against block & blocking. FT48 does not have that issue).

Throw: I think VTC, in his review, had mentioned that it is low throw. For my stroke, throw was medium-high (about the same as MX-P).

Dwell: The softer topsheet helps in generating spin in slower strokes. When you hit harder strokes (typical mid-distance ones), the dwell is less than what you'd get from MX-P. Typical Rhyzm-like.

Linearity: This rubber is more linear than MX-P or OVT.

Spin: This rubber's soft topsheet makes spinning easier on slower strokes than using OVT (which has a stiffer, thicker topsheet). MX-P is about the same. On stronger strokes, I prefer MX-P a bit more.

Speed: Slower than both MX-P max and OVT 2.0

Control: Better than MX-P and OVT in slow loops / counters / smashes / change of direction plays. I prefer MX-P and OVT a bit in short pushing (slightly more tack in them helps). I especially liked this rubber on BH.

Weight: I was pleasantly surprised by the weight: 0.238 gm/sq cm as opposed to my MX-P's 0.251 reading. Translates to about 2.5g less cut weight for my blade than MX-P.

Bottom line: very good rubber. I shall have to try it out in match play to see if the slight lack of tack / dwell (relative to the other 2 rubbers above) is a detriment. If not, I like the additional control & great feedback this rubber provides. I'm thinking of having this on both BH and FH on my blade. Shall have to first wait the durability of the sheet I have.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 6:33pm
Comments after a long league night:

FT48 does indeed seem to be an excellent rubber!

Impression changes after the match play:
  1. On FH, it has a fantastic soft-like feel when looping / loop driving. Near the table and upto 2 steps from it (ie: 98% of all rallies), it is (a) very spinny (at least like MX-P) and (b) very easy to generate spin (easier than with MX-P or OVT). Opening loops are fantastic with this.
  2. It has a better control than MX-P (in directing the ball to where you want to go for different strokes)
  3. Slower than MX-P and OVT - about a class slower (maybe like a Rakza 7 but of course much more improved in all respects as it is newer technology).
I'm going to try adopt this - I'll try play with my rubber for a month to see how durable it is before committing to buy more. Hopefully it lasts as long as MX-P does for me.

This shall be a hit with brush loopers who play from within 2-3 steps from table, with a relatively fast blade (OFF- / OFF or more). Highly recommended.

Edited by slevin - 06/28/2016 at 6:34pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 6:14am
I've been trying FT40 out for a few weeks now and it's really good, if you're into softer sponges.  It feels like all the best bits of the last ESN generation stuck together in an ultimate "best of" package.  I initially pegged it in between Bluefire M3 and Evolution FX-P in many ways - very similar sponge to those two, with similar booster smell (although perhaps a little less, more like Vega Japan in terms of smell, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a little less factory boosted), and the throw seemed somewhere in between them too.  But the topsheet is less elastic than either and feels quite tough, and slevin's comparison with Rhyzm makes a lot of sense.

I liked it a LOT on my backhand.  The only issue I had was that softer loops had a "hollow" result - shallow arc and low spin.  I had to be careful not to set the opponent up when opening up from backspin.  I think that's just me though - I've been using Omega V Euro on BH for a while now and I'm just used to how that behaves - it's just different and FT40 perhaps needs a bit more of a drive stroke to make better use of the softer sponge.

I'm now very interested in Hype 42.5 and Nanoflex 45.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 1:24pm
Patrick Hrdlicka from this forum wrote a very detailed review about all Nanoflex rubbers at our blog:

Edited by tabletennis11 - 07/04/2016 at 10:01am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2016 at 11:24am
Annes / TT11: does TT11 plan on restocking the Gewo Nanoflex FT48? They are out of stock at the moment.

If you're not planning on getting more, I'll think of ordering some MX-P.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2016 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

1. On FH, it has a fantastic soft-like feel when looping / loop driving. Near the table and upto 2 steps from it (ie: 98% of all rallies), it is (a) very spinny (at least like MX-P) and (b) very easy to generate spin (easier than with MX-P or OVT). Opening loops are fantastic with this.
  2. It has a better control than MX-P (in directing the ball to where you want to go for different strokes)
  3. Slower than MX-P and OVT about a class slower (maybe like a Rakza 7 but of course much more improved in all respects as it is newer technology).
Oh my god Shocked something is going wrong.

Up to now I had a good feeling with alevin`s reviews. Most of his statements fit to my impressions. But this time I have a TOTALLY different feeling about speed and control of the FT48, especially compared with MX-P.

Yesterday I tested MX-P (1,9-2,0 fh and 1,7-1,8 bh) on my main blade (ZJ ALC). 
On my backup-blade (nearly the same weight, +/- 2g) I tested 2 brand new FT48 (fh 2,1 / bh 1,9).

Normally these modern rubbers become bouncier after some training-sessions. Nevertheless the MX-P combination (which was used 3-4 sessions before) was slower, less bouncy and had a lower through compared with the FT48 combination. My first impression of the FT48 was, that this rubber is crazy fast and the through is too high.

I am a bit confused now, because Patrick Hrdlicka`s review fits to alevin`s review, but once again: my impressions were totally different yesterday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2016 at 2:37pm
Yes, we have ordered more. In about 2 weeks it should be available again at TT11! 

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Annes / TT11: does TT11 plan on restocking the Gewo Nanoflex FT48? They are out of stock at the moment.

If you're not planning on getting more, I'll think of ordering some MX-P.
LennyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LennyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 5:13pm
Tabletennis11,
I would like to try Nanoflex FT48. 2.1 is out of stock again. Are you getting more soon,or should I order somewhere else?
USATT 1700
Donic Waldner WC89
Xiom Omega V Asia
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Oh my god Shocked something is going wrong.

Up to now I had a good feeling with alevin`s reviews. Most of his statements fit to my impressions. But this time I have a TOTALLY different feeling about speed and control of the FT48, especially compared with MX-P.

Yesterday I tested MX-P (1,9-2,0 fh and 1,7-1,8 bh) on my main blade (ZJ ALC). 
On my backup-blade (nearly the same weight, +/- 2g) I tested 2 brand new FT48 (fh 2,1 / bh 1,9).

Normally these modern rubbers become bouncier after some training-sessions. Nevertheless the MX-P combination (which was used 3-4 sessions before) was slower, less bouncy and had a lower through compared with the FT48 combination. My first impression of the FT48 was, that this rubber is crazy fast and the through is too high.

I am a bit confused now, because Patrick Hrdlicka`s review fits to alevin`s review, but once again: my impressions were totally different yesterday.

Just saw this.

I had brand new FT48 (max) on FH and new OVT 2.0 on BH. On my back-up blade, I had an older MX-P 2.1. To me, FT48 was slowest of the 3.

Perhaps, there is a range of tolerances for such rubbers. My FT48 was fairly light (69g uncut) and felt a bit softer than 48 deg.

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 6:51pm
It depends a lot on how much booster they have poured into the MX-P. I have had some sheets which were much faster than others....
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2016 at 7:38am
Originally posted by LennyG LennyG wrote:

Tabletennis11,
I would like to try Nanoflex FT48. 2.1 is out of stock again. Are you getting more soon,or should I order somewhere else?
Hi Lenny! Yes in about 5 days we should have Nanoflex FT48 rubbers back in stock again. :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic