Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most comfortable chinese penhold handle?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most comfortable chinese penhold handle?
    Posted: 09/25/2016 at 9:01pm
What brand do you think has the most comfortable chinese penhold handle?

Edited by Bobobo - 09/25/2016 at 9:02pm
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 10:05pm
Consensus in China - Yasaka followed closely by DHS.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 10:08pm
All CPen handles need to be sanded for custom fit.
I like Yasaka the best too.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 10:36pm
It´s not the brand, it´s the blade.
Nittaku Violin C has the best handle, imo.
penholdblocker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholdblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2016 at 10:43pm
Yasaka definitely, DHS and Palio is good too. 
Blade: Avalox P900 Cpen 91g
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: 729 Focus 3 Snipe
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 7:56pm
This kind of hybrid Japanese-Chinese grip is best for me.

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 8:09pm
hands down Yasaka!
penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 9:28pm
I like the handle of my Yasaka Ma Lin Max Carbon Cpen; very comfortable.
I also like the handle of my Yinhe T4 Cpen; also very comfortable, the neck a wee bit smaller than the Yasaka.
I had to sand down quite a bit the bottom half and narrow down a bit of the handle of my Xiom Katana Platinum Special 10mm Cpen; otherwise too thick for me. Its still thick compared to the above two but it comfortable enough.

penholderxxx
Iloveplayingtabletennis
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2016 at 9:45pm
I like cpens with thin handles. Not very thick.

For me it's a tie.

Yinhe W6 & Stiga Clipper

Was not very comfortable. DHS PG7. Had to sand not only the wings to make them round (you have to do that on every cpen) but i had to sand down the actual handle. Made it slightly concave. Much better afterwards. I highly recommend this if anyone has a cpen that isn't super comfortable.

Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 12:06am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

What blade is this? Are there other blades with this type of handle?
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 12:54am
It all depends on individual preference. I like playing with my YEO but I hate the handle. My JRE cpen, on the other hand, is extremely comfortable. When I hold it, it feels like the blade is massaging my hand. Too bad it's headsize is not standard cpen like yasaka's. Ive only played with YEO from yasaka. I've yet to try another yasaka blade, goiabao 5, which I'm gonna receive next week.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 1:11am
@Bobobo Try Nittaku Rutis J. There's one hybrid version of Darker Speed 90, but I don't see it listed in many websites and is mostly out of stock.
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 2:49am
Originally posted by Bobobo Bobobo wrote:

Butterfly CN7 JC
I think JC is for Japanese Chinese refer to top Japanese grip and bottom Chinese grip.
As someone who coming from Jpen to try Cpen i wish another maker make this kind of grip.
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 11:04am
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

All CPen handles need to be sanded for custom fit.
I like Yasaka the best too.

Is there a video showing how to fo this?
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 1:10pm

Sure. Someday I'd probably like to pick this up. Nittaku makes wonderful quality blades and this flat out looks super comfortable.

Nittaku SOU

Back side is flat on the grip BTW so you can put a rubber back there. Figured most of you already knew that but just in case.

Edited by suds79 - 09/27/2016 at 1:12pm
Bobobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 2:37pm

Butterfly CN7 JC. I think JC is for Japanese Chinese refer to top Japanese grip and bottom Chinese grip.As someone who coming from Jpen to try Cpen i wish another maker make this kind of grip.

Whats the difference between the jpen part in this picture and the rectangular lump on other jpens?

Edited by Bobobo - 09/27/2016 at 10:26pm
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2016 at 10:47pm

Butterfly CN7 JC. I think JC is for Japanese Chinese refer to top Japanese grip and bottom Chinese grip.As someone who coming from Jpen to try Cpen i wish another maker make this kind of grip.

Whats the difference between the jpen part in this picture and the rectangular lump on other jpens?

theoretically could twiddle the thin handles vs the thick rectangular pieces on traditional Jpens.

But more importantly, and some Jpens have this too, I think it's important to have that back side available to put a rubber for RPB. Keep the jpens from becoming too obsolete. 
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 12:13am
Hey suds, did you ever try out the SOU MF R, or anyone else for that matter? I have a SOU MF P which is the rectangular head shape versus the rounder R shape and I'm thinking the R shape would give a bit more flex for looping as the square P shape is pretty stiff.

I'm considering selling the MF P by the way. It really is a high quality blade and feels great, I just think a rounder head fits my style better.
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 1:44am
Rutis J
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 3:56am
I've been looking at the Rutis J, but I'll probably test some adhesive cork on my Goiabao 5 Cpen instead.

So to answer the OP, Yasaka Cpens but every Nittaku Jpen and SH blade I've used have been extremely comfortable.

Edited by DLC1325 - 03/22/2017 at 3:57am
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2017 at 10:22am
For me, most comfortable handles for CPEN are from Yasaka. Followed closely by DHS.
Usually playing with fingers extended behind the blade, the Double-Faced/Revolvers Jpens are comfortable for me too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic