Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pips Out BH, WHY ????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pips Out BH, WHY ????
    Posted: 08/22/2006 at 9:47pm
almost all the people I know in my club, somehow, somewhere, in some way wanna try pips out BH. What's so special about it?? how big is the difference?? I think its a totally different kinda game, is it??
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Sponsored Links

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2006 at 11:21pm

I am going to be trying it as soon as my 802-40 arrives,I guess the positives are..... much better to return serves,hit through spin,very fast flat hits,more control........negatives less spin.

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 12:44am
For awhile, most of the Czechoslovakian players used short pips on the backhand. There are definate advantages, and since the backhand loop is very difficult, having a good counter or hit can be good. My coach told me specifically it would get me to 2200-2300 much more quickly than inverted since, despite tons of practice, I never had a good backhand loop. He said it's difficult getting really good after 2300 with any sort of pips, but even still, lots of world class players use them.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 7:58am
First I would like to ask, are we talking about Long or Short pimples? Short pimples gives you some advantages, its much easier to attack on backspinn with SP then with inverted. I also find it easier to hit flat and block with them. The week side is your looping game, its not as spinny as the inverted rubbers.
As for LP, there must be some advantage using them but I cant. I have tried it a couple of times and it feels like entering the twillight zone. Forget everything you know, LP playes quite the opposite of any regular rubbers. Atleast mine does, I think its because of the spin reversal and I think that all LP have that effect.
The holy grail
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 2:08pm
My backhand is actually better sometimes than my forehand and I use pips because I can get a much lower trajectory out of my shots that are hard to counter with loops because there is no or little spin on the shots. This drives people crazy. It has also made blocking much more controllable.
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2006 at 4:58pm
I love playing BH pips players, especially a treat if they know how to play BH pips out. I only play inverted but I love counter looping and trying to out hit the defender.

In China, I noticed that pips out players practiced with a pyramid shaped pips on BOMB sponge. I have not been able to find them again. Any ideas who makes it and where one could find the pyramid shaped pips?
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
goldberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2006 at 11:08pm
in my place there are many state player use this setup...but not me
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 12:17am
shor tpips gives u a speed advantage with a fast attack
Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2006 at 11:09am
With my short pips, I found very easy to block and to counterattack and therefore putting pressure on the opposite player
Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic