Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

want Excessively tacky rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: want Excessively tacky rubber
    Posted: 09/14/2019 at 12:18pm
Why would you revive a 3 yr old thread
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2019 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by edgy edgy wrote:

Here you go:

http://www.eacheng.net/999-999T-Type-p10927.html

Tackiest TT rubber known to man.

False ITTF logo. For casual players only. Take some cautions/

Edited by igorponger - 09/14/2019 at 12:15pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 10:40pm
And something like haifu whale 2 but more easier to get? Not so bouncy not dead grippy but not tricky as hurricane. The original question was about chinese stuff.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Cole what is the most user friendly grippy rubber for you?

Used to be if I had my choice I liked coppa topsheet.  I liked provine too, but I'd say it was a little touchier and less as you say user friendly than coppa tenero. Mendo MP for a faster rubber.  Spintech dynasty topsheet was really nice. I don't have any experience with newer stuff.  Most of what I've tried I thought the new speed glue feel mostly bounce not as much spin to be worth the tradeoff.  I had a sheet of acuda that I thought was pretty nice I tried from eaching but it was too thick so I gave it away.

I tried to get them to adjust the formulation of illumina to be more like coppa back in the day.  Once broken in I'd say it's as user friendly as anything, and it's available in lots of thicknesses. Defender a little tackier more like the provine.  Ive always liked dawei sponges the best of the Chinese brands.  Bomb makes some nice stuff...I've tried some cheap bomb stuff that felt really nice and some more expensive too.

I really don't try much stuff anymore so my opinion isn't worth too much.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Johnny2WL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny2WL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 9:16pm
I once had a hit with a friend's bat, 729 Origin on forehand. I remember it being very tacky, and the sponge felt softer than most typical chinese rubbers. Control and spin city, but lacked speed. It may be worth a shot, just a thought.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 3:27pm
Cole what is the most user friendly grippy rubber for you?
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 10:00am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Every sheet of pf4 I've ever seen was super tacky.  Wonder if they're putting a little "less tacky" sheen over the top now so you don't panic on the first use?

I have now used pf4 for two hours. one hour of practice and one of play.

sorry to say but it did not get tackier. it has about the same amount of tack as 729fx, geospin tacky, h2 etc. imo what i would call mild tack.

still looking for the flypaper tacky topsheet :)
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
edgy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edgy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/2016 at 8:20am
Originally posted by haushamerschuah haushamerschuah wrote:

Which kind of XuShaofa 999? There are several types! But as I know you can`t buy XuShaofa rubbers anymore. Nobody offers them at the moment.

Actually here are a few XuShaofa 999's available at TTNPP: 

http://ttnpp.com/store/xushaofa/222-xushaofa-lsz-ii-999-tornado-tension-gp-sponge-6.html

http://ttnpp.com/store/xushaofa/221-xushaofa-lsz-999-tornado-6.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 6:36pm
I will be trying it tonight and will report back if it gets more tacky.

dropping a ball on it and it bounces once and settles. no bounce at all.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 3:33pm
Every sheet of pf4 I've ever seen was super tacky.  Wonder if they're putting a little "less tacky" sheen over the top now so you don't panic on the first use?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 3:09pm
quick feedback on DHS pf4 and kokutaku blutenkirsche 868

neither are very tacky out of the box. will pick up the ball but not hold it at all.

both play very similary with pf4 being a little more dead(more control) 

I tried the sword maze again after it had been under a rubber protector for 2 weeks. I am not exaggerating, it will hold the ball for a full minute no problem. we are talking about a well worn rubber here. if I ever find it im buying it by the dozen. 
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 4:42pm
Got to try some  999t.  Started with the pickup the ball test.  That was as far as I got because 2hrs later the ball was still stuck to the paddle.  Could not even shake it off.  That rubber is amazingly tacky.

Mark - Now missing a $3 ball that walked out the door stuck to a visitor's paddle.

PS - Just to be clear, there is NO exaggeration in the above post Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 2:59pm
quick Video of the 999t

the red side is way more sticky than the black side even though normally people expect black to be stickier.

i put a rubber protector sheet overnight and it was stickier this morning than straight out of the package

Edited by el luchador - 12/01/2016 at 3:03pm
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

I always use a sticky protector sheet when not playing, even between games, and always clean the rubber with plain tap water after playing. Once the sticky protector sheet gets dusty I clean with with plain tap water too. 

In my experience, this ensures the above rubbers stay as tacky as they were out of the original packaging. Haven't noticed any significant long term deterioration or increase in tackiness with either of these rubbers.

When I played with tacky rubber I did the same thing except I used a piece of clear vinyl purchased in one yard sheets for a few bucks at JoAnn's and I wiped the rubber with a microfiber cloth and plain water.  The tacky stayed for months and months.  Rubbers were all 729 or Gambler.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

You can make any tacky rubber extremely tacky by using protector sheets if it is tackiness you care about.  IF you want a good rubber, then look for one and stop wasting time on tackiness.

Hi, if you dont mind me asking how do the protector sheets make the rubber more tacky?

at my level is there such a thing as a good rubber? I just want the tack rubbers because they slow the ball down just enough for me to have more control.

I don't know how.  I know it does - you can ask people who use tacky rubbers and protector sheets.  My Big Dipper and Juic 999 Turbo got tackier when I cleaned them and used protector sheets.

Tom told me once that Chinese manufacturers were so concerned that tacky rubbers would play poorly out of the package and people panic on the "bounce test" that they started actually putting a thin coat of something not as tacky over the outside of the rubbers so they would play better initially.  I've seen a lot of rubbers get initially tackier before they got less tacky.  I wouldn't be shocked if this was the case with your experiences.  I don't believe that the plastics themselves (unless it's the kind with adhesive and it's rubbing off) are going to make the rubber tackier.

Edited by cole_ely - 12/01/2016 at 9:04am

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 8:57am
Originally posted by tt4u tt4u wrote:

I have a quick question for the tacky rubber users. It's common for those sheets to oxidize. How do you remove the oxidation?

I would say yes it's fairly common, and there really isn't a way, except to say that they still play well and if you keep playing with them over time that look fades.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2016 at 1:56am

I just ordered the following. Hopefully I find the one I like out of this bunch so I can stick to it.

999 999T Type
DHS PF4
KOKUTAKU BLütenkirsche 868 (TENSION, SUPER-TACKY)
729 Super FX (Black Rubber with Black Sponge)
DHS Hurricane2

Hi all, just an update. I got the above sheets in. I havent used them in play but did peel the edge of the sticker off each one to test the level of tackyness and the only two that I would consider sticky would be the globe 999t type and the kokutaku 868 super tacky.

I will begin testing tomorrow starting with the 999s
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by tt4u tt4u wrote:

I have a quick question for the tacky rubber users. It's common for those sheets to oxidize. How do you remove the oxidation?

Based on what evidence/under what conditions is it common for tacky rubbers to oxidize? 
tt4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 4:55pm
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by suds79 suds79 wrote:

You can make any tacky rubber extremely tacky by using protector sheets if it is tackiness you care about.  IF you want a good rubber, then look for one and stop wasting time on tackiness.

Hi, if you dont mind me asking how do the protector sheets make the rubber more tacky?

at my level is there such a thing as a good rubber? I just want the tack rubbers because they slow the ball down just enough for me to have more control.

Then you're going about it all wrong.

If you want slower more controlled, just get a thinner sponge more control oriented quality rubber. Read rubber reviews on tabletennisdb.com

Trust me if you're looking for tackyness, even with protectors & cleaning regularly, your rubber will be far less tacky 2 weeks in compared to when it was fresh out of the pack.

Forget going for extreme tackyness. Just find something controlled and on a thinner sponge.

I'm surprised you haven't pulled the trigger on a rubber yet by now honestly.

This was not my experience.

Neither mine.

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 3:15pm

I don't know how.  I know it does - you can ask people who use tacky rubbers and protector sheets.  My Big Dipper and Juic 999 Turbo got tackier when I cleaned them and used protector sheets.

Tacky rubber user here. On FH for more than 2.5 years now. Still using and have no intention of quitting. H3 Neo/H8/Big Dipper/Sanwei Target National. Played with each for at least 4-5 months, 2-3 matches/practice sessions per week.

I always use a sticky protector sheet when not playing, even between games, and always clean the rubber with plain tap water after playing. Once the sticky protector sheet gets dusty I clean with with plain tap water too. 

In my experience, this ensures the above rubbers stay as tacky as they were out of the original packaging. Haven't noticed any significant long term deterioration or increase in tackiness with either of these rubbers.

suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 2:26pm

If you want slower more controlled, just get a thinner sponge more control oriented quality rubber. Read rubber reviews on tabletennisdb.com

Trust me if you're looking for tackyness, even with protectors & cleaning regularly, your rubber will be far less tacky 2 weeks in compared to when it was fresh out of the pack.

Forget going for extreme tackyness. Just find something controlled and on a thinner sponge.

Maybe I just have a dusty basement. IDK. ??  But trust me I'm glad to hear others have not all experienced that.

I don't play with tacky rubbers anymore anyways. ;)
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 2:10pm

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 2:09pm

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 12:11pm
They discontinued it whenever wang nan jumped ship to dhs.

Interestingly she could never get used to the h3 formulation no matter how they tweaked it.  They ended up giving 729 a mold and letting them pour the sp formulation into h3 topsheets for her to use.

But the regular sp tospheet was never quite as tacky as the regular 729, and much less so than fx.  The version she used (and I got the leftovers) was less thick and less tacky than the stock version as well.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 9:22am
Originally posted by haushamerschuah haushamerschuah wrote:

Servus Brahms,

what is an Ej? I don`t know this shortcut.

I have tried almost the same rubbers like you. All Globes, XuShaofa, Three Nine, 2-3 Juics and I agree with everything I have read from you in the last years. But in my opinion this is the tackiest rubber:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-999T-high-viscosity-Pips-In-Table-Tennis-Rubber-without-Sponge-TopSheet-OX-/311735355424?hash=item4894e00820:g:jbEAAOSwirZTtLoz&autorefresh=true

Best regards
haushamerschuah

Who knows what happened to 729 wang nan or sp?
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 11:02am
Do always follow the Golden Midst rule. Do avoid any extremes when making rubber choice.
Tackiness is sure to go away with time, no doubt.
Brahms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brahms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 8:51am
Hello,

Ej means : Equipment junkie Smile
Thanks for the tips I will have a look on the one you mentionned.

Take care,

Brahms
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm
haushamerschuah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haushamerschuah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 8:47am
Servus Brahms,

what is an Ej? I don`t know this shortcut.

I have tried almost the same rubbers like you. All Globes, XuShaofa, Three Nine, 2-3 Juics and I agree with everything I have read from you in the last years. But in my opinion this is the tackiest rubber:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-999T-high-viscosity-Pips-In-Table-Tennis-Rubber-without-Sponge-TopSheet-OX-/311735355424?hash=item4894e00820:g:jbEAAOSwirZTtLoz&autorefresh=true

Best regards
haushamerschuah
Brahms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brahms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2016 at 8:23am
Hello Ej's,

Just to be on the same page.

I did the video few years ago ...

I've almost tried everything about 999's...from Globe, Juic, Xushaofa, Three Nine...

The mega tackiest one presented on the video is :
Three Nine - Super 999T - Blue Lucifer 2.2mm (black) glued on Butterfly Kong Linghui Special.

Check the thread I wrote in 2011 : 
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39999&PN=2

Greetings,

Brahms
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic