Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the best defensive blade is ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the best defensive blade is ?
    Posted: 12/08/2016 at 10:51pm
What is the best defensive blade can be used with antspin as dr n buffalo?
taw
Sponsored Links

100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 8:01am
Depend on your play. I know some players with offensive blades and ANTI, yet some with defensive blade and ANTI
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 8:25am
i will use dr N buffalo antispin rubber, close mid distance from the table
i prefer controlble blad to be comfort as will as i has abilety to counter attack

taw
100niTenis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 100niTenis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 9:11am
It is very hard to play ANTI mid distance, but ... I don't know your play. I would go with ALL round blade, rather then defensive !
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 10:29am
Originally posted by 100niTenis 100niTenis wrote:

It is very hard to play ANTI mid distance, but ... I don't know your play. I would go with ALL round blade, rather then defensive !

I am with 100niTenis here! The Buffalo is made for blocking at the table and if you like to play mid-distance there are better rubbers like long pips.
The Buffalo is slow, very sloooooow! I don't think it would make much sense putting it on a defensive blade though you can certainly try. In my opinion, the beauty of the Buffalo (and Bison as well) is that they are slow enough that you can play it on a OFF blade which many combination bat players (like myself) like for attacking/looping with forehand.
What is your style of play?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 1:54pm
i like shop , bloking and counter attacing i have good back and fore hand spin

taw
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2016 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by TAW TAW wrote:

With Buffalo forget the chop and the counter attack. I only use my Buffalo to chop in "emergency situation" when pushed back but try to immediately return to the table. Your main weapon with Buffalo, the heavy spin reversal, disappears when you are away from the table. It is also extremely difficult to counter attack (against topspin or no spin balls) with Buffalo as the rubber has no grip at all (think about a hard plastic disc!). However, it is easy to attack underspin with the Buffalo.
If you insist on also being able to play from mid distance and chop as well as counter attack (no spin or topspin balls) you might actually better off with a classic anti like the BTY Super Anti.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 5:45pm
thanks Matt pimple
kindly, ask you what dose the dn buffalo do?
in youtybe it can chop and push by it

taw
Ragnolo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ragnolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 6:03pm
With my frictionless rubber (Der Materialspezialist MEGABLOCK 2.0mm?) i use offensive blade: Nittaku Goriki Super Drive.
Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS
Ragnolo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ragnolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2016 at 6:05pm
With my frictionless rubber (Der Materialspezialist MEGABLOCK 2.0mm) i use offensive blade: Nittaku Goriki Super Drive.
Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2016 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by TAW TAW wrote:

With Buffalo forget the chop and the counter attack. I only use my Buffalo to chop in "emergency situation" when pushed back but try to immediately return to the table. Your main weapon with Buffalo, the heavy spin reversal, disappears when you are away from the table. It is also extremely difficult to counter attack (against topspin or no spin balls) with Buffalo as the rubber has no grip at all (think about a hard plastic disc!). However, it is easy to attack underspin with the Buffalo.
If you insist on also being able to play from mid distance and chop as well as counter attack (no spin or topspin balls) you might actually better off with a classic anti like the BTY Super Anti.

That basically sums it up nicely!

Frictionless-Anti is good blocking close to the table and attacking back spin balls -- move away from the table and you essentially can only play back no-spin balls, unless they loop the shit out of their attack, and you'll return some moderate back spin with a chop. That's one of the reasons I'm swapping my FLanti out. I find myself backing up too much to mid-distance where the anti flounders.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic