FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yoshida Kaii - New Douchebag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yoshida Kaii - New Douchebag
    Posted: 01/23/2017 at 4:51pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3dMyRwUeE4

Seriously?  He's just like that Japanese kid.  Plus he's cho'ing on all of the errors his opponent makes.  No sportsmanship at all.
Sponsored Links

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Seriously?  He's just like that Japanese kid.  Plus he's cho'ing on all of the errors his opponent makes.  No sportsmanship at all.
Actually, tomokazu has two-phases now LOL

As quiet as a church mouse

put Kaii's choing to shame

Edited by Egghead - 01/23/2017 at 5:18pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 9:34pm
Nothing new, he's been king of the table douchebags for a long time now. Why this is allowed in TT is beyond me. 
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Nothing new, he's been king of the table douchebags for a long time now. Why this is allowed in TT is beyond me. 

Clap
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2017 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

You're saying Yoshida was like this already?  I recalled a few years ago he played Timo and Ryu, he wasn't as hateful as he is right now.  He didn't cho like this much.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 2:25pm
We can have rating system.  King of Douchebags.  Prince of Douchebags.  The Baron of Douchiness.  The Marquis de Sac-de-Douche.  Etc. etc.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 2:59pm
Coaches are encouraging players to choose and fining them for not doing so. Without ITTF intervention, this is an escalating epidemic.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

We can have rating system.  King of Douchebags.  Prince of Douchebags.  The Baron of Douchiness.  The Marquis de Sac-de-Douche.  Etc. etc.
This must be the King of Douchebags (the end of the match LOL)

Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Coaches are encouraging players to choose and fining them for not doing so. Without ITTF intervention, this is an escalating epidemic.

I've wondered what was driving this. 

Of course the ITTF fined ZJK for kicking a barrier after the tournament was officially over, so they can certainly do something about this.
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 11:01pm
Story never end up well for player with loud CHO!!!!!.

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 8:23am

Don't forget the titles of Lord and Lady

Edited by heavyspin - 01/25/2017 at 11:58am
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 4:45pm
Strange coincidence, heavy.  I remember a painting by the noted late 18th century artist Sir Joshua Reynolds hanging in the Cleveland Museum of Art depicting the very same noble douchebags as shown in your video clip.

Perhaps in the interests of political correctness, the curator of the Cleveland Museum simply stated the painting as by Sir Joshua, late 18th century, titled nobility, nationality unknown.  It goes without saying that to the late 18th century peasantry, every lord and lady was considered a douchebag.

P.S:  Larry, you do a Donald Trump impression as well as or better than Alec Baldwin.  When may we expect a Bavly/Trump explanation of table tennis and alternative facts?

bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

P.S:  Larry, you do a Donald Trump impression as well as or better than Alec Baldwin.  When may we expect a Bavly/Trump explanation of table tennis and alternative facts?

==================

Me Too.
Larry, take your time, don't rush,  ---  just do a great one.
skip3119
paladin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 1:25am

If I understand you correctly, you claim that coaches are encouraging players to cho and imposing monetary penalty if they refuse? What is your source?
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 7:28am
Originally posted by paladin paladin wrote:

If I understand you correctly, you claim that coaches are encouraging players to cho and imposing monetary penalty if they refuse? What is your source?

And what benefit does this give to the player other than distracting and pissing your opponent so they make mistakes.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 9:14am

A Korean coach, Yoo Cho Lowd, is known for this practice.

Edited by heavyspin - 01/27/2017 at 9:24am
TTFrenzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTFrenzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 9:23am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

And what benefit does this give to the player other than distracting and pissing your opponent so they make mistakes.

really dude? im always surprised by the noob levelish questions in mytt

pumping urself up, self affirmation etc etc. JESUS NOOBS its plain logic.

If u want sources like its a f00king (irish connor mc gregor accent) academic issue, fukuhara's and tianweis coach actually force them to be positive with cho at every point. not gonna waste my time searching for the youtube interview that I saw 4 years ago just to reply to your stupid comment.

Noobs do your self a favor and stop playing TT, its too complicated for your peanut brain to process
my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by TTFrenzy TTFrenzy wrote:

If u want sources like its a f00king (irish connor mc gregor accent) academic issue, fukuhara's and tianweis coach actually force them to be positive with cho at every point. not gonna waste my time searching for the youtube interview that I saw 4 years ago just to reply to your stupid comment.

Noobs do your self a favor and stop playing TT, its too complicated for your peanut brain to process

TTFrenzy ive read some of your posts here and on table tennis daily. You sound like an amazing player, what level do you play at?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 12:20pm
Well ok then.

Of course, the fact that those players (Fukuhara, Feng Tianwei) have never won anything really significant should be taken into account. 

And they should be juxtaposed to people like Zhang Yining, Waldner, WLQ, KLH, Persson, Ma Long etc. etc. etc. --- actual singles world champions--- all of whom occasionally would celebrate their winning of a really important or tense point, but who for the most part made every point they won seem like something they do every day and every time.  ZJK too, until the match is over anyway.

And you can extend that to related sports with towering players like Borg and Sampras and Federer, all of whom had careers superior to, for example, Connors (and you can read Brad Gilbert's book Winning Ugly for a more informed analysis  of why that stuff is done, and it has a lot more to do with unnerving the opponent than pumping yourself up). 

So I understand the theory but my own noobish opinion is that there is absolutely no reason to believe that it works.  Instead it just turns you into a douchebag.
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 12:57pm

Just when we were talking about "douchebags" and who tops that list and look who pops in to enlighten us with his heavenly knowledge. Maybe we out to make a list of "douchebags" on mytt as well, I'm sure you will be highly ranked ... for once!

Edited by unstopabl3 - 01/27/2017 at 12:58pm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 2:27pm

And you can extend that to related sports with towering players like Borg and Sampras and Federer, all of whom had careers superior to, for example, Connors (and you can read Brad Gilbert's book Winning Ugly for a more informed analysis  of why that stuff is done, and it has a lot more to do with unnerving the opponent than pumping yourself up). 

I wouldn't say Jimmy's career is inferior to Borg's or Sampras - even if it is, the difference is not much visible to us from the bottom of the mountain. There is also John McEnroe, enfant terrible of that generation.

People like that sometimes are great players as well. Thankfully, not very often.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 2:46pm
Connors equal to Sampras?  On what universe?  The alternative one where Spock has a beard and Uhuru wears leather?  On this universe we can count the grand slam titles (Sampras 14, Connors 8, and to put this in perspective, Sampras won as many Grand Slams with straight set wins in the finals as Connors won in total).  Neither ever won the French Open. 

But that is not the point, obviously

McEnroe and Connors, both great players, were notable for being outliers in terms of their behavior.  It is absolutely not necessary to be a douchebag to be great, and the fact that some TT players are being coached to do it (something I am absolutely certain is the case) is bad and ITTF needs to stop it.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 4:42pm

Dear Mr. Frenzy,

As someone forty years older than you who started playing competitive table tennis twenty-one years before you were born, I consider myself as long having passed the noob stage with respect to table tennis.

It is not necessarily plain logic to work yourself up into a TT Frenzy and cho! after every point.  A simple curl of the lips in a semisneer or an arrogantly raised eyebrow after a well played point on your part will do nicely.  Or you could be a sportsman and act after winning a point that you are not unaccustomed to doing just that.  It's not that fooking complicated (Brendan Behan Dublin accent).

bmann1942
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 4:48pm
When boosting and serving legally is fine for the pros then a legal choo (at least for now) shouldn't be a big problem. People used to hate ZJK before he became the World Champion because he chooed way too much (just take a look at the comment section on those old videos of him before 2012 on Youtube), and then looks at his achivements when he stopped chooing.

P/s: I don't choo. For me it's just part of the game and I usually can't even notice when my opponent does that.

Edited by The soul of rock - 01/27/2017 at 4:50pm
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 6:50pm
Theres choing, and then there is over the top choing.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 7:01pm

Connors equal to Sampras?  On what universe?  The alternative one where Spock has a beard and Uhuru wears leather?  On this universe we can count the grand slam titles (Sampras 14, Connors 8, and to put this in perspective, Sampras won as many Grand Slams with straight set wins in the finals as Connors won in total).  Neither ever won the French Open. 

But that is not the point, obviously

McEnroe and Connors, both great players, were notable for being outliers in terms of their behavior.  It is absolutely not necessary to be a douchebag to be great, and the fact that some TT players are being coached to do it (something I am absolutely certain is the case) is bad and ITTF needs to stop it.

You are taking a simplistic view of this tennis issue. Connors played before the Australian open became the slam it was, and most good players of that Era often skipped it. Connors had at least one year he could have completed the grand slam but didn't because he skipped a tournament he was offended by. A variety of things makes it easy to devalue Connors but grand slams is not the best way to judge a player like him, his longevity and ability to play and win many events will not be seen often.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 8:45pm
NL actually by Connors time the Australian was already considered a Slam even, although it is true that some players would skip it because of the travel time. Sampras won the Australian twice. Connors won it once.  Slams matter and the Australian Open is not the reason for the large difference in the number of slam events each won.  Sampras in his career was the more dominant player.  Both were great.   

But THAT WAS NOT THE MAIN POINT.

Connors douchebaggery made him a bit of an outlier like McEnroe and Nastase and Tiriac and to some extent Clark Graebner. But none of those guys choed like a rooster on every point they won!

But if you'd like, just see the table tennis examples I used from modern era.

And to make it clear, even some choing I can understand and don't mind.  It's an emotional sport and players aren't robots.  I never really noticed that ZJK would cho in an over the top way, for example.  And going back to tennis, some of the super stoic players like Borg and Lendl were less popular because of it.

But to use it as such an overtly hostile act to try to get under your opponent's skin, like these new TT players are doing (and are being coached to do), that is something recent.  ITTF needs to put their foot down.  Like I said before, if they can take away ZJK's price money for kicking a barrier AFTER HE WON A MATCH IN THE FINALS (!!!) they can certainly start to make this a point of emphasis. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 8:52pm
Okay.  Back to douchbaggerie.  Table tennis players are a highly intelligent lot, but psychologically naive when it comes to truly sophisticated douchebagging.

Here's how a truly sophisticated table tennis douchebag should make the most of cognitive dissonance so as to confuse and infuriate his opponent.  Cho! on every point you win.  Cho! on every point you lose.  Cho! on every point your opponent wins.  And of course Cho! on every point your opponent loses.

Cho! even when there is no particularly good reason for Cho!ing.  Naturally, Cho! you lungs out and do a little snarky happy dance should you win.  But here's the kicker.  Cho! even after you lose the match, jump on top of the table, then fall flat on your back while at the same time tossing your racket into the air.

Then go over to the umpire's table, if there is one, and Cho! right into his bad ear.  If there is no ump, Cho! the crowd, if there happens to be a crowd.  If there is no crowd, see earlier paragraph and Cho! for no particular reason.

I cannot guarantee that employing these ploys will make you a champion.  But becoming known as primus inter pares (first among equals) among your fellow tt douchebags is no small accomplishment.  It takes practice, hard work, and a cunningly obnoxious personality.

Edited by berndt_mann - 01/27/2017 at 8:53pm
bmann1942
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Here's how a truly sophisticated table tennis douchebag should make the most of cognitive dissonance so as to confuse and infuriate his opponent.  Cho! on every point you win.  Cho! on every point you lose.  Cho! on every point your opponent wins.  And of course Cho! on every point your opponent loses.
I believe this was the advice given by the notorious Japanese coach Kenyu Chosomura.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2017 at 10:44pm
It is a fiendish plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic