Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Nittaku Violin Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Violin Review
    Posted: 02/14/2017 at 9:49pm
About me: I'm an average player. Have been playing table tennis for about 10 years. Was very active in my youth playing league at a decent regional level. I've stopped playing competitively at age 17 and have since been a casual player. My technique has probably some decent fundamentals but my movement and in part my technique is certainly quite rusty. I've played a lot more TT again in the past two years including taking a decent amount of lessons (about 30 hours total) and playing 2 times a week at least.

My past equipment (EJ'ing):
BTY Viscaria w. T05/T05FX
OSP Virtuoso w. T80/JP03
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon w. T05/T80FX
Stiga Infinity VPS w. EL-S/EL-S

I've now acquired a Nittaku Violin (Large Handle) w. MX-P/EL-S.

Speed
I would rate the Nittaku Violin to the other blades from fastest to slowest the following way: 1) Acoustic Carbon 2) BTY Viscaria 3) Nittaku Violin 4) Stiga Infinity VPS 5) OSP Virtuoso
The Stiga and the Violin are very close to each other in terms of speed. Again, these are my subjective observations.

Spin
Rating the same way, top to bottom 1) Acoustic Carbon 2) Viscaria 3) Violin 4) Virtuoso 5) Infinity
The Acoustic just helps produce an insane amount of spin with any rubber i've tried on it; similarly the Viscaria really helps to bring out the best in the rubber. In comparison, I was disappointed with the Infinity in this regard as I felt a lot more effort was needed to create the same amount of spin. The Virtuoso and the Violin are close in terms of spin.

Control
Rating top to bottom: 1) Violin 2) Virtuoso 3) Infinity 4) Viscaria 5) Acoustic Carbon
To me, the Violin is by far the most controlled blade. It has such a touch and its very easy to move the ball around. One way to describe it is that its confidence inspiring. The Virtuoso and the Infinity are pretty close in terms of control i felt. The Viscaria offers a surprising amount of control and feel for the speed of the blade. I found the Acoustic Carbon the most difficult to control.

Quality
Rating top to Bottom: 1) Acoustic Carbon 2) Violin 3) Virtuoso 4) Viscaria 5) Infinity
The top 3 are very close together. All impeccable. The Viscaria has a nice finish as well but it just "feels" a little more mass-produced. The Infinity has a rough finish in comparison.

Well that is it for now boys!
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 1:09am
Nice review! Thanks for the detailed comparison agains Viscaria!
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 3:42am
Friend H0n1g, very nice review. I have to disagree with you in some points. Firstly in terms of spin, first comes the virtuoso, yes it creates more spin than viscaria. Of course the virtuoso is a hand made blade so someone other's virtuoso may have a little difference, but it is so small...And secondly, in terms of speed, I have a feeling that viscaria is a bit faster than the acoustic carbon. ( I am not 100% sure cause I don't remember well the speed that acoustic carbon created when I played it.

P.S. a small advice...please when you want to compare some blades between them try to use exactly the same rubbers, not the same gluing and ungluing them, but I mean the same rubbers in model and thickness.
Someone here in forum has told me that if you are an EJ you can understand the differences between 2 blades playing them with different rubbers and probably I am not so much EJyer like others, but I didnt want to asnwer him. He has completely wrong...in order to see every detailed difference between 2 blades you must use the SAME rubbers. 
Butterfly Custom Blade ST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 6:18am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Friend H0n1g, very nice review. I have to disagree with you in some points. Firstly in terms of spin, first comes the virtuoso, yes it creates more spin than viscaria. Of course the virtuoso is a hand made blade so someone other's virtuoso may have a little difference, but it is so small...And secondly, in terms of speed, I have a feeling that viscaria is a bit faster than the acoustic carbon. ( I am not 100% sure cause I don't remember well the speed that acoustic carbon created when I played it.

P.S. a small advice...please when you want to compare some blades between them try to use exactly the same rubbers, not the same gluing and ungluing them, but I mean the same rubbers in model and thickness.
Someone here in forum has told me that if you are an EJ you can understand the differences between 2 blades playing them with different rubbers and probably I am not so much EJyer like others, but I didnt want to asnwer him. He has completely wrong...in order to see every detailed difference between 2 blades you must use the SAME rubbers. 

That's what I do, don't know how you can compare two different blades with different rubbers lol
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 7:58am
No one can compare 2 blades with different rubbers and then you will say a review to compare them. Anyway a guy told me that if u are master of EJing you can understand the difference...but I let him in his darkness.

I just mentioned that cause the friend "H0n1g" writes at the beggining of his review that he has played these blades with totally different rubbers, that's why he can find a blade having for ex. more spin than the other, or having one blade more speed than the other etc.

Edited by *_strataras_* - 02/15/2017 at 7:59am
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 9:17pm
Valid points. I will be getting a bunch of EL-S rubbers in this week so I'll re-test and update this accordingly. However, there is absolutely no way the Virtuoso creates more spin than the Nittaku Acoustic Carbon, no matter what rubber you put on it.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 2:28am
No need to get a bunch of same rubbers. You can use a latex-based glue like butterfly chack2, or revolution no3, or nittaku finezip to glue your rubbers, and when you test a blade, you can easily unglue them and peel off the old glue and then glue them again to the next blade. why spending so much money?!

I dont really insist that acoustic carbon creates more spin than the virtuoso cause I had little time to try the blade, but I do think that virtuoso creates more again, anyway I cannot be 100% sure. But for viscaria I am 101% sure that virtuoso creates more spin...I used to play many years with viscaria and now I am playing with a virtuoso for about half a year, but it is not only my blade, I have tried my team mate's virtuoso and it creates more spin than the viscaria too.
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 2:31am
Allwood blades softer outer plies tend be spinnier than composite harder outer plies.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 02/16/2017 at 2:32am
Rosewood NCT V 86 gr Master

Thibar MX-P MAX FH

Thibar FX-S BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic