Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3 national edition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
casanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 national edition
    Posted: 09/12/2006 at 7:33pm

I just used a DHS H3 national edition and let me tell you what a difference it is from the regular H3. It seems lighter, a bit softer and the top sheet is very tacky but not sticky. However you must use speed glue to appreciate its performance. I use Sanding speed glue, OC CR blade and bryce on the back hand. The weight of the whole equipment is perfect, not too heavy or head heavy and not light either. I don't use speed glue on the back hand. So once it was ready to use I played this guy and after the first match (I won 3-0) he told me "that must be some good rubber you're using" and I had not told him anything about using a new rubber. So definetly your opponent will notice a difference. The balls which I was looping where so spinny and with an arc either low or high depending on the stroke. I could easily loop short underspin balls which where so low on the table below the net level but you have to use the right technique for this kind of loop. The rubber is much springier with speed glue.

It is just a great rubber however you must use your whole body to loop strong balls, basically more back swing, legs, waist, shoulder and your body been pushed forward and upward with your legs and finishing your stroke forward, more horizontally stroke.

It's not rubber that makes the loop strong it is your technique however once you have that down then you can upgrade to a better rubber such as H3 regular or national version and this together will produce powerfull shots.

I have ordered another H3 national version and will keep on using it.

I used one layer of speed glue and the effects lasted for about 2 hrs, so probably you will have to put another layer if you wanna play longer.

On serves people told me that my balls jumped. I guess that's a good thing.

Blade: OC CR Stiga
FH: Hurricae 3,2
BH: Bryce

Blade : Energy Wood
FH : Hurricane III,II
BH : Bryce
Sponsored Links

louis_wong27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louis_wong27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 7:59pm
how can you tell the difference? i have a few h3's of my own but i don't know how i can tell if it is a national team version or not. other than how it plays, how can i tell if it is commercial version or national team version? i've read that there's a stamp on the sponge that says national team version in big letters but is there some other way i can find out?
Chopper88 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:11pm
Louis, if it has a stamp on the back without any package, then you might have the real thing, but the are people that sell the fake stuff. The are 3 version of H3 and H2
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by casanova casanova wrote:

It is just a great rubber however you must use your whole body to loop strong balls, basically more back swing, legs, waist, shoulder and your body been pushed forward and upward with your legs and finishing your stroke forward, more horizontally stroke.

You must be a good player.  Yes, I agree with you completely with the description of using the national version of Hurricane III.  I used it once in China, borrowed a blade from my trainer.  My experience of using this rubber is the same as you have described.  Where do you order this national version?  What degree do you use?  (I use 39)

Cheers.

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:48pm
Thanks for the review. I use H3 National now too and been using H3 Commercial. If you've never used H3, you wouldn't know the difference, but the H3 sponge is more elastic and reacts better with glue.

I'm starting to like the 2.15 thickness too, maybe it's a little dried out but the sponge seems more elastic than the 2.2mm one I have.   The top sheet is much nicer than commercial. I also have a sheet of Provincial I grabbed in China. The quality of the sponge is about medium elasticity. It's better than the Skyline 3 sponge (which I would consider low and commercial H3 none) but not as good as H3 National.

I've also moved to Sriver EL 1.9mm on my backhand, I lost a lot of feedback with the MAX Sriver EL with my new blades.

EDIT: Oh yes, the weight is definitely lighter on the National version... I was quite suprised how light my set up became.
Blade: Whatever is close
Rubber Sheet: Whatever still has some grip.
linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 10:16pm

Phrixion, perhaps you may try Sriver FX for your BH whe you need to change rubber.  I used to use Sriver EL.  But I was told by my Chinese trainer that FX is better than EL for BH.  I took his words and changed my BH rubber.  Now I am very happy with my setup: Hurricane III (FH) and Sriver FX (BH) on my Nittaku Avalox P500.

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 1:25am
Perhaps a softer sponge may help... I will definitely consider Sriver FX, thanks.
casanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by linn88 linn88 wrote:

Originally posted by casanova casanova wrote:

You must be a good player.  Yes, I agree with you completely with the description of using the national version of Hurricane III.  I used it once in China, borrowed a blade from my trainer.  My experience of using this rubber is the same as you have described.  Where do you order this national version?  What degree do you use?  (I use 39)

Cheers.

Hi, this rubber reacts very good with using speed glue (sanding speed glue) than the regular H3. It actually becomes faster and spinier, even when the ball has high arc the topspin will drag the ball down and hit the end of the table, which is what you want it to do.

The national team version H3 which I got from www.speedpong.net has a stamp of 41degree and another stamp in chinese on it. It does not come in a package only a top sheet cover. I can definetly tell its difference from the regular H3 just by the way it plays. Also they only have it in black.

I just ordered another sheet and they are located in New York city so I get my order in 2-3 days since I live in NY state as well.

The regular H3 was not very responsive to speed glue and did not see much speed increase, only got the sponge softer which was better for looping however it didn't have much increase in speed.

The other thing which I like about the national team version H3 is that the top sheet is very tacky but not sticky. The regular H3 seemed to be little on the sticky side which will cause the ball to be slower and sluggish.

Last time I used it and I was doing some drills with  Ren Yong  (2450 rating) and if I cranked up my drives from close to table then he would block too long and miss the table. Even from close to table I would loop and it would have a high arc but the amount of topspin was so great that it would drag the ball down and hit the end of the table. Ren Yong is a penholder blocker and he liked what he saw.

Again it's your technique and not the equipment, but after a certain time when you have reached a certain level then you can upgrade. I used the regular H3 for 1 year untill I changed to this version. 

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 5:16pm
H3 National is great, especially if you have the stroke. It really grabs the ball and execution of control and spin is pretty precise. I didn't used to speed glue the H3, but now I have to glue it, otherwise it does not feel the same for me, I guess I have gotten somewhat used to the commercial version.

With the correct strokes (I adopted the Chinese techniques and style in Beijin) the H3 is very good. I'm using 2.15mm which is just a bit thinner and lighter than the 2.2mm but for some reasons the sponges don't look the same on both my H3 national sheets. I just ordered another one and will have to compare.

I had one H3 commercial sheet expire after about 60 hours of multiball drills, I'm hoping the national sheets last a little longer... otherwise I may stick with the little bit cheaper provincial version.

H3 National is available from Speedpong.net and I have also purchased a sheet from TTMan.
kamus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 12:47am

I wonder why H3 national version the sponge is not blue?

WildPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 1:08am
The impression that I get is that there are so many different variations on what National H3 is that the color of the sponge is inconsistent for all the different players. Like while I'm pretty sure Wang Liqin plays with the blue sponge, the rest of the team like Chen Qi or whatever don't. At the same time, people like Kong Linghui play with Globe 999 on the blue sponge while Ma Lin doesn't. Same deal.
BTY Viscaria FL
BTY Cermet 2.1
BTY Cermet 2.1
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 11:17am
personal preference I guess. The mythical blue sponge is for Wang only. no one else.

Later on I'm gonna make a H3 black sponge for myself.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
casanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 1:17pm

I just go my second order of H3 national team version.

However this time the stamp on the back was 40 degrees and the one I had ordered previously was 41 degrees. Is there a big difference or are they still considered hard sponges ?

This is for pingpongkf :

Do I have to specify what degrees I want to sponge to be when I order ?

phrixion View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phrixion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 2:11pm
I've recieved 40 and 41 degree sponge, usually just ask what they have on hand when ordering then decide whether you want

2.2mm or 2.15mm and at what hardness. Not a huge difference between 40 and 41, but a little. The top sheet quality can change too. That's written on the white sticker on the plastic sheet.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 5:31pm
Hi Casanova, i think the difference between 40 and 41 are minimal. yes, tell them what hardness you want.

i think 40-42 are med hard, the really hard ones are the ones that wang liqin and wang nan use, like 45 deg. or so I heard.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
casanova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote casanova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 6:46pm

The degree on the top sheet is marked on the sticker 11 degrees,

is that the tackinness or something ?

do you know the degree of the top sheet and the sponge for the regular H3 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic