Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - donier rr off- review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

donier rr off- review

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/28/2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 711
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: donier rr off- review
    Posted: 08/03/2017 at 7:39am
please leave you're review

rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 11792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 9:31am
I will do a fuller test today with T05.  The blade has a significantly oversized head (160 by 160 or something like that) but has an interesting balance (will see what happens with more extensive play).  With 2 T05, it comes in at 194g, which is around the weight of plenty of what I use, which I found surprising.  The more circular head design seems to move the sweet spot closer to the true center of the blade, at least, it seemed that way as when I tried to use my usual contact point, I often hit the ball long, but when I hit closer to the center, I was more accurate.

Below is a short video.

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Back to Top
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/28/2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 711
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 10:36am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I will do a fuller test today with T05.  The blade has a significantly oversized head (160 by 160 or something like that) but has an interesting balance (will see what happens with more extensive play).  With 2 T05, it comes in at 194g, which is around the weight of plenty of what I use, which I found surprising.  The more circular head design seems to move the sweet spot closer to the true center of the blade, at least, it seemed that way as when I tried to use my usual contact point, I often hit the ball long, but when I hit closer to the center, I was more accurate.

Below is a short video.



great we'll wait for the next one
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Back to Top
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar
This is FPS Doug

Joined: 10/31/2006
Location: Maine, US
Status: Offline
Points: 4872
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 9:17pm
good feedback Nextlevel!

but any idea why this was posted in the general section instead of the Equipment forum?
US1260.RC952 . Yasaka Gatien Extra : Target National + Rasant
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 11792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 2:35am
So I have played with it a little more. I am intrigued enough to buy one for testing further, but I don't like a few things about it especially the size of its wings. It is head heavy with a double inverted setup and has great control, but the speed with 05 is lacking and I want to confirm that this is just the case. But the head heaviness means that you need a deeper grip but the large wings keep you much lower on the handle than ideal. So when I get mine, I will sand down the wings and see if that makes it better or not.

So I am not sure what to make of it right now. Not where I expected to end up, but it is where I am. Ready to send to another tester since I have already ordered one.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Back to Top
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/28/2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 711
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 8:08am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

So I have played with it a little more. I am intrigued enough to buy one for testing further, but I don't like a few things about it especially the size of its wings. It is head heavy with a double inverted setup and has great control, but the speed with 05 is lacking and I want to confirm that this is just the case. But the head heaviness means that you need a deeper grip but the large wings keep you much lower on the handle than ideal. So when I get mine, I will sand down the wings and see if that makes it better or not.

So I am not sure what to make of it right now. Not where I expected to end up, but it is where I am. Ready to send to another tester since I have already ordered one.
thank you 
i'll pm you the next tester
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Back to Top
pgpg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 728
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 10:15am
Is there a backstory to this thread? Looks like it's a review blade making the rounds, but no explanation whatsoever how it came to be, what's so special about Dornier, who is Rob Roberts etc.

P.S. I have one of Donier's defensive blades - they are made in Estonia, I believe, and apparently are famous for their value: cheap and high quality. 


Edited by pgpg - 08/13/2017 at 12:25pm
USATT: 1750
BTY Defense Alpha - Rasant Beat - Cloud & Fog OX
Back to Top
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/28/2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 711
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Is there a backstory to this thread? Looks like it's a review blade making the rounds, but no explanation whatsoever how it came to be, what's so special about Dornier, who is Rob Roberts etc.

P.S. I have one of Dornier's defensive blades - they are made in Estonia, I believe, and apparently are famous for their value: cheap and high quality. 
it's robert roberts the blade is a oversized blade for people who like bigger blades 
and it's offensive blade
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Back to Top
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 12/15/2011
Location: Somewhere Good
Status: Offline
Points: 11792
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2017 at 7:37am
Going to try this for a while.  The only rubber I have now that can fit is Hexer so that is my rubber for the next few months.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Tibhar Inca
FH: MX-S 1.9 B
BH: MX-S 1.9 R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



This page was generated in 0.109 seconds.
Mark all posts as read :: Delete cookies set by this forum

Cookies and JavaScript must be enabled on your web browser in order to use this forum


Copyright © 2003-2013 MyTableTennis.NET - All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer