Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Keep blade shoulder clean

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keep blade shoulder clean
    Posted: 12/25/2017 at 8:18pm
When I hold the blade, the part (I think it is called shoulder) connecting the handle and the blade is not covered by the rubber. After couple month play, it is very dirty. Do you have any way to keep it clean? 
DHS W968 (90g)
Bakcup: Viscaria (87g)
FH: Hurricane Neo Blue
BH: MXP
Sponsored Links

ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2017 at 8:36pm
Sealing can help: grime will stick to the blade less easily, and the blade should be easy to clean with water if needed. 
pliuya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pliuya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2017 at 9:01pm
Thanks. My blade was lacquered when I bought it a year ago. But it is dirty now. Just use alcohol pads to remove the dirt since it looks ... ugly. 
DHS W968 (90g)
Bakcup: Viscaria (87g)
FH: Hurricane Neo Blue
BH: MXP
6Finger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 2:53am
This is 1st thing that I do to my blades when I get them if new, idk would it work on used blades.
Its kind of impregnation for wood, mix white wood glue with water 1:1 ratio and apply to handle and wings, apply a thick coat and leave it for a few hours, wood will absorb the mixture and wont absorb sweat later on, handle wont be slippery  like if it was lacquered and finnaly when dirty really easy to clean.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 2:59am
Wash your hand before and in between play. And don’t wipe your hand on the table to remove sweat.   Use towel.

It’s your hand that makes the blade dirty.

Edited by doraemon - 12/26/2017 at 3:01am
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/26/2017 at 10:00pm
It seems to me this part of blade is called "the neck"...

Edited by JacekGM - 12/26/2017 at 10:01pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic