FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Globe 999 National Version review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2014 at 3:21am
I imagine that it will feel better on the Infinity than the Rosewood.  I have little to back up my hunch up with, I just 'imagine' that I would like that set-up better Smile.   My Globe 999 Natl. always felt faster on my flexier blades, than the stiffer ones I owned.  Something about them loading up the sponge better, and spitting out a faster ball, I suppose.  I just imagine the Infinity flexes a little bit better than RW.  But who knows, maybe it will feel better on your RW5.  Try them both, and let us know.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Sponsored Links

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 2:27am
Hi, I could try it yesterday a while. Globe999 is definitely a good rubber but it´s a bit slower than h3 commercial. Topsheet imo is far better, firmer and spin is insane. Tospins are loaded of spin on the table, but it´s not as good counterlooping far away. It´s such a nice rubber for 15$ once tuned.

Spin: Globe999 40º >H3 Neo Commercial 39º

Speed: Globe999<H3 Neo

Service returs, Chops: Globe999>H3 Neo

Power Looping: Globe 999<H3 Neo

Brushing Looping: Globe999>H3 neo
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2014 at 3:17am
I've used this rubber on and off since the nineties. It sort of reminds me of my first sandwich bat in the early seventies, a Barna sponge.
G999 is not a hit and forget rubber.
The overriding thought process with G999 is to be prepared to play longer rallies.
The user has to play the ball tactically using all the tricks of placement and spin, which G999 easily allows, to win a point. It is very controllable and does everything OK. But the user is susceptible to good close to table blocker/counter hitters so you have to force yourself to think and get the ball on that last 8inches of table on every aggressive stroke.
It has loads of spin but again one can put very little spin on the ball with similar strokes either during rally or on the serve. This great spin gives a slow player like me time on the rallies as it takes that much longer to get to the other side but the opponent has to be careful on his stroke because of the spin variation and placement that he faces.
I find it funny that I start with a heavy spin serve (which keeps the opponent quiet) but follow up with floaters/mild spin with the opposition not seeing the difference for the entire game. Thus they play passively against attackable serves.

But that thread about the Spinart has me thinking.LampErmm

Edited by Tinykin - 06/07/2014 at 8:50am
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2014 at 10:30pm
So where does Globe 999 (nat blue sponge) fall in the "type" of Chinese rubber it is?

G888, Hurricane 2, and Tg3 belong to one "type" of Chinese rubbers - which force a player to attack more, are low throw, and are better for close to table.

Hurricane 3 and Tg2 are more user friendly to players used to Euro / Jap rubbers - they are higher throw, and are able to play an all round game better than the other type. They are also better than the H2 type a bit futher away.

Does Globe 999 belong to any of these families / types? 

Or does it represent another type I am unaware of?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2014 at 10:53pm
999 national is in the same level of quality with provincial h3 but h3 is a tad faster
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2014 at 12:08am
Yes i agree, it's in the same catagory as the H3 / TG2, but a little more spin rather then speed oriented (although when boosted it has plenty of speed!). The topsheet of the 999 Nat is considerably softer than H3.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2014 at 5:37pm
Well, now i´ve tried both Globe999 nat and H3 blue Sponge Prov on same hardness and thickness with same tunning process I came to the conclusion:

-H3 PROV BS it´s fine, but definitely waaaay overated. H3 family are rather SLOW, even heavily tuned with falco tempo long.

Perhaps i was expecting something special, because of the hype on forums reviews, but didn´t like that much.   I  don´t feel  H3 BS it´s spinnier  than any G999 neither faster, just only tackier;  H3-50 is noticeably faster though.  IMO Both rubber are quite par, i think there´s no any reason for 60$ for that rubber,  or i will have to wait a few sessions more to break-in the rubber get a more accurate review.

On the other hand 40º it´s quite hard for regular amateur game, next time i´ll go for a bit softer 39º sponge, 40º H3  BS feels hard as brick.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Butt Stallion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2014 at 6:36pm
hey mate, which H3 blue sponge provincial version did you have? Fake possibility like 90% especially the provincial so I am very interested. This is maybe the reason for your opinion about overrated?? It would be great if you share some pictures of the sponge or something like this ;)

Edited by Butt Stallion - 06/20/2014 at 6:36pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 1:54am
I got mine on ttnpp.com so its supposed to be legit. Maybe i got a bad batch or something or need some more time for the break-in period of the rubber.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 6:46am
which one of the ttnpp rubber did you get? ttnpp is selling some fake and some legit rubbers...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 8:39am
http://ttnpp.com/store/dhs/617-neo-dhs-hurricane-3-iii-blue-sponge-provincial-6-edges.html
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 9:25am
yes this one is a fake rubber and not the REAL blue sponge Neo provincial! The writing of the white code number is completely different to all the other genuine DHS products.

Furthermore the sponge looks different to the other DHS products. The sponge has above a P and 8 numbers and then a stamp right? Thats not the real NEO sponges, the real one should be without the DHS stamp and with provincial symbol and degree and thickness on the bottom of the sponge.

There could be the possibility that this rubber is a market version for people from DHS but even this wouldnt explain the completely different design.

Besides all the REAL BLUE SPONGE dont have the blue circle "which stands for blue sponge on the package". 

I had 3 of them and they played I fine, but they werent real DHS rubbers or the were just good copies, there is a possibility they took the real H3 topsheet from commercials and sticked it to blue sponges, thats why I got bubbles after 2 month.

The rubber plays okay in my opinion, it has some decent speed and spin but its not a REAL blue sponge its completely blue sponge fake! 

I would everybody recommend to stay with the orange sponge provincial rubbers because the most of the fake rubbers are blue sponge, but the most of the orange sponge rubbers are legit.

grreeeets
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 10:57am
I always thought ttnpp.com wasn´t selling fake DHS rubber. Here´s mine:

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 11:06am
oh wooooooow. This is even more fake than the ones I had. Wow so we actually ordered from the same place the same products and we got 2 completely different looking rubbers XD 

Yeah well with this blue sponge rubbers you get soooooo much fake rubbers this is why I almost never trust these blue sponge anymore.

In general the price makes the quality, I saw sam 100% real blue sponge rubbers but they were like 150USD minimum per sheet!

For everybody who doesnt know these rubbers this is probably the best way to see if they got real or wrong blue sponges.

This is really good for everybody here to know, just stay with your orange sponge, the most of them are genuine.
If Zhou Yu is playing orange sponge I dont even ask myself if I need a blue sponge then lmao!

the H3NP of ttnpp for 40USD should be genuine and performs perfectly fine...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 11:25am

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/21/2014 at 11:26am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 11:44am
Anyone got REAL H3 Neo Blue Sponge Provincial Market Version with photos to share? I really want to see what the REAL thing looks like and whether the claim of fake is true. All I can find is exactly like the one in ttnpp.

May be we should start a new thread on this topic.

Edited by TurboZ - 06/21/2014 at 11:52am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butt Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 12:11pm
well, everybody knows the normal H3NP, it looks like this

http://homemadespeedglue.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/cimg2015.jpg

second link is comparison between pronvincial and national H3N:

http://i2.minus.com/ifXanLsDx70t3.jpg

now the same in blue obviously, and it has to be exactly the same, DHS is a pretty good company which doesnt make any mistakes in writings or stuff like this :p

http://www.pingpongboard.com/showdetail.asp?boardid=26916

and the same one exist in national too, which plays ma long etc.

Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2014 at 3:09pm
Globe  999 National ( black) is the best Chinese rubber I've played. If someone need  more speed and spin ,choose the red one .
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2014 at 6:04am
What's the difference between the red and black one? o.O
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

Brahms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brahms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2014 at 11:26am
July 2014 : french Expat in Hong Kong... still playing with this Jewell from TNPP.
Demanding, demanding, ... but great and give you what effort you put in.. tremendious spin.
Booster : Yes   Speedglue : to soften the sponge  blade : KLHS
Kong Linghui was right.

Very old fashioned compared with recent with Tenergy and DHS Neo series... but inexpensive and durable... now I focus on footwork and technic. No pain, no gain, no magical rubber.
If google could provide an update on my google glasses to give me the effect in the ball that would be perfect ah ah Wink

Edited by Brahms - 07/18/2014 at 11:32am
Blade : Aero off+ soft carbon

FH : Tuttle 888 Extraterrestrial 2.2mm
BH : Dr Neubauer Killer Pro 1.8mm
Antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 9:55am
Brahms: I think this is a very well match for KLHS.

I had got mine in KLHS in 2007 and have been trying with all different sorts of rubbers, from Bryce + Glue, Bryce Speed FX etc etc. But nothing seems to work well at those days and then I put it aside. Then I got it back while I moved to Sweden and tried it out with T05 for fun in 2009, it is the first time I started to get feeling about the blade. Then in another few years time, a German friend of mine told me about G999 sold in TTNPP and his daughter was using it - then with no hesistation I ordered it and I loved it with KLHS.

The problem with KLHS is that it is hard to get decent power in rallies once you go into the middle table region. It kinda help with G999, but it wont solve the whole problem so I put my KLHS aside. Do you have any comment, or any solution about this?

Second, do you have much experience with G999 on DHS blade (eg Hurricane King etc), does it suit?

Currently, I am using Globe 999 with Liu Shiwen, it works better and gets me more control and stablilty in the close table. But it seems when it comes to tournament, the stability was still ok but the power is weak.  Have you got any comment or experience to share? 

I have not been using much H3 for the last decade and G999 is the only Chinese rubber that I have been using over the last 5 years. 

I did use T05 with TBS for a while in Sweden and it was a good combo. Maybe I should reconsider that setup again sometime.

Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden, Australia
Liu Shiwen & OC-CR (FH: Globe999 BH:M2)
KLHS(FH:G999 BH:T05FX)
TBS(FH:T05 BH:T64)
OC-WRB(FH:H3 BH:Hammond Pro-Alpha)
Carbo7.6(FH:H3 BH:T64)
Antony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2016 at 10:05am
Forgot to mention, I also put my used rubbers (Globe 999 + M2) on my OC-CR (the first generation of CR). The blade is not superb compare with Liu Shiwen, but I found it good for coaching - especially feeding balls to beginners.
Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden, Australia
Liu Shiwen & OC-CR (FH: Globe999 BH:M2)
KLHS(FH:G999 BH:T05FX)
TBS(FH:T05 BH:T64)
OC-WRB(FH:H3 BH:Hammond Pro-Alpha)
Carbo7.6(FH:H3 BH:T64)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic