Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banana Flick Demonstration Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banana Flick Demonstration Video
    Posted: 01/29/2018 at 12:10am
From the Japanese magazine Takkyuu Report. I thought the angles and slow motion shots were really good. Shows the technique with comments on the main points (in Japanese).

I like how towards the end they show an example where ZJK goes in for the banana flick but a long serve comes so you can see how he recovers that.

Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2018 at 2:33am
Thanks for sharing. Excellent angles and even without translation it is pretty much self explanatory. Nothing will stop me now.(Damn, it looks so easy)
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2018 at 2:38am
I love how the "Liebherr trap" is still interfering with players 12 years later.

Edited by zeio - 01/29/2018 at 3:55am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2018 at 3:52am
Haha I didn't even notice that the first time I watched it. Very surprising they'd use something that comes off that easily on the main playing area.

Seeing the same thing from 2 different angles, angles different to what we normally see on TV really helps mentally imaging the technique. The arc on those balls are also amazing to see from that angle. You can't really see it clearly from above.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2018 at 9:33am
The pros indeed make it look easy.
Thanks for sharing, the angles make it clear what the pros footwork is really doing. Especially right after, or even during contact.
What needs to be pointed out is that videos like these, while very educative, they tend to show only the successfully executed flicks. We need to remind ourselves that these pros had many failed attempts while learning this shot initially. We are not seeing the hours put into perfecting the timing on these flicks. It takes time and perseverance.

again thanks for sharing!  Clap

FdT
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 12:01am
Great video, thanks for sharing.
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2018 at 8:49am
Very nice video indeed. It´s great to have two different cameras showing the same stroke.
Thanks for sharing and keep them coming!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic