Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Does a crisp blade force a more active game??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does a crisp blade force a more active game??
    Posted: 02/13/2018 at 3:36am
Hello, 

I'm just curios if anyone here has the same problem: if I play with a crispy feeling setup, my game tends to more active and offensive.

Normally, I play with H301 blade and with this blade, I try to play winners.

Last days, I tried a HL5 (same rubbers as on my 301) which has a slightly softer feel and is not as stiff. With the HL5 the control increased a bit and the topspins from mid-distance have more consistency. Everything as expected.
But in the tournament games, I tend to be more passive with the HL5. I tried to build up a control based game. Which was a bad idea because it does not fit my best skills.

Is this a normal behavior? Anyone else had the same experience?

Cheers,
Andi

Edited by AndiHL - 02/13/2018 at 4:30am
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 6:36am
This is just mind set. You might be more nervous in tournaments which causes you to play more passively.
AndiHL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiHL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

This is just mind set. You might be more nervous in tournaments which causes you to play more passively.

I think that I just feel more confident with the crisper/harder blade and therfore can stay more active.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic