FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Joola Prime 40+ ABS ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Prime 40+ ABS ball
    Posted: 04/14/2018 at 3:32pm
I found out few days ago that Joola has come up with a new ball called Prime 40+, which is ABS ball, and I noticed on the Joola USA website that they are already selling it for $8.95 for a box of 6 balls.

Does anyone have any additional information about, or experience playing with this new ball?

Is Joola planning to continue/discontinue selling the Flash 40+ seamless balls?
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 1:18am
I just got to try out the Joola Flash today.  Apparently, that's the ball that they're going to use at the WVC.  I thought it wasn't bad, but the persona who owned it swears by it (but he also likes the XuShaFa balls).

Now I'll have to try the Prime?

Anyway, I had the impression that the Flash was seamless but ABS balls are seamed.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 3:32am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I just got to try out the Joola Flash today.  Apparently, that's the ball that they're going to use at the WVC.  I thought it wasn't bad, but the persona who owned it swears by it (but he also likes the XuShaFa balls).

Anyway, I had the impression that the Flash was seamless but ABS balls are seamed.
Flash and Xushaofa are great balls, as well as DHS D40
Viscaria 87g
Evolution MX-P
Aurus Prime
1 layer of TRF

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyazBGF7N7SG0u9vk1h6snQ
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 7:06am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Flash and Xushaofa are great balls, as well as DHS D40

My league is moving away from seamless clones like Flash, Xushaofa and Stag to ABS balls from this autumn. The durability of seamless balls is so poor. 
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 11:08am
We have been playing with DHS this season and we got our supplies from TTNPP.  It was very upsetting to see that the recent 2 boxes of DHS D40+ we got from ttnpp are terrible, almost half of a 72 box contained nasty egg balls.

This pushed us to look into other ABS balls so we gave the Tibhar SYNTT NG a try and we like a lot. It seems to be made of a similar material to Nittaku Premium but it plays like a DHS D40+ and feels like a harder / heavier D40+. Maybe the Joola Prime is the same.

qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 11:36am
The new abs balls coming into the market now labeled as made in China are very likely dhs D40+ balls rebranded.

Each company buying from dhs would negotiate their terms for quality, so it is possible that different brands will have better quality.

Someone brought in a Donic abs ball to the club a few weeks ago. Similar play as described above for the Tibhar ball. It is highly likely that these as well the Joola abs ball are made by dhs.

The 72 dhs D40+ I bought from ttnpp were not so good. I will not buy these from ttnpp again. The boxes I bought from paddle palace have all been very good.

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 4:04pm
Here are links to Joola's German and US sites showing the "New" Prime ABS ball being already sold.  BTW, both sites are also selling the Flash ball.

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2018 at 10:42am
I have heard its colour is yellowish instead of full white. In terms of behaviour, it plays slower than Flash and does not bounce as high.

In a word, I strongly suspect it is a rebranded DHS D40+.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic