Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Wish Butterfly Makes a "Super" Viscaria

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Humble Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 2:28am
Originally posted by purpletiesto purpletiesto wrote:

Have you tried the ZJK versions with the same outer ply as the Viscaria? I reckon this might be exactly what you're looking for.

Do you mean ZJK ZLC & SZLC or ZJK ALC?
ZJK ALC, MJ SZLC, Viscaria
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Humble Bear Humble Bear wrote:

Here is a point I wanna make: when making a winning shot, I prefer to make it with a little more speed.  Sure, winning a point whether slow or fast is equal to another point.  But I am an enthusiast; I enjoy hitting faster shots; I get a kick out of it; it's thrilling; this is my hobby not my career.

I also have players told me they are afraid of playing with me because I hit very hard and that creates emotional pressure on them; not to mention often times I smash the balls into their bodies accidently ( balls land on table first Wink).

BODY SHOT !!! 40.5 mm  Hole !!!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:22am
Again, a video would really help to understand your style and playing level. How many us-rating points do you have?
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 8:41am
Yeah totally agree. A video is definitely a must.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 11:58am
I don't have any videos not even a photo.  I play at a city creation center where there are only 4 tables in a very big room.  The regular players consist of pretty good players and many are club members from other table tennis clubs.  It's often crowded.  How we rotate is by playing a match, 1st to 3 games win.  Whoever loses goes down and the winner can stay there up to 2 matches.  I never have any rating but a club member who has been playing most of his life said I am around 1800.  He also said I'm the most "violent" guy at the place(though not the best).  He is a Chinese penholder and can use both hands very well and used to beat me with his right hand.  Two nights we were playing several hours and I learned all his tricks and he could no longer beat me on his right hand.  The next day he used his left hand and with long pimps on the back side switching back & forth and I could not beat him.  Last Sunday we played again using his left arm with LP, I almost beat him.  I would say I am now at around 75% to the top of the players there.

I used to play a lot of tennis in my younger years and am a lot less "violent" than when I first played.  I now like to use spin attack whenever possible and I find Razka 7 to be an excellent rubber for this.

Edited by Humble Bear - 11/28/2018 at 12:15pm
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:29pm
Sorry, but a 1800 level player doesn't need faster equipment than the stuff you're using. If anything he needs slower equipment.. You're better off improving your technique.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Sorry, but a 1800 level player doesn't need faster equipment than the stuff you're using. If anything he needs slower equipment.. You're better off improving your technique.

I never said I needed faster equipment than the stuff I'm using.  I only said I wanted a faster Viscaria(maybe equal to the speed of my JM ZLC).
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 6:06pm
So you're saying that a viscaria is not fast enough?!

Edited by Tt Gold - 11/28/2018 at 6:21pm
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 6:10pm
12 y.o. post
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 7:35pm

I never said I needed faster equipment than the stuff I'm using.  I only said I wanted a faster Viscaria(maybe equal to the speed of my JM ZLC).

ZJK ZLC is literally that. The outer ply on your MJ is different to Viscaria, the ZJK has the same construction as Viscaria, just ALC is replaced with faster ZLC. Literally the same thing I said in the first reply to this ridiculous thread.

Should suit your "violent" stroke.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

Here is a point I wanna make: when making a winning shot, I prefer to make it with a little more speed.  Sure, winning a point whether slow or fast is equal to another point.  But I am an enthusiast; I enjoy hitting faster shots; I get a kick out of it; it's thrilling; this is my hobby not my career.

I also have players told me they are afraid of playing with me because I hit very hard and that creates emotional pressure on them; not to mention often times I smash the balls into their bodies accidently ( balls land on table first Wink).

BODY SHOT !!! 40.5 mm  Hole !!!
I spat out my drink to this lmao
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 10:30pm

ZJK ZLC is literally that. The outer ply on your MJ is different to Viscaria, the ZJK has the same construction as Viscaria, just ALC is replaced with faster ZLC. Literally the same thing I said in the first reply to this ridiculous thread.

Should suit your "violent" stroke.

I tried someone's ZJK ZLC and it played good, but felt a little too stiff to me.  I like Viscaria ALC's crispy & medium firm feel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2018 at 11:31pm
Have you tried a DHS H301 or Fang Bo 2?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 1:07am

Have you tried a DHS H301 or Fang Bo 2?

Not yet, but I heard H301 is slower than Viscaria and the grip is small so I don't bother...

I really like my Yasaka Extra Offensive 7 Power, very inexpensive but very good. In my opinion it plays a little better than Viscaria; slightly faster, more spin & better control but the feel is a little too hard when I smash hard; it gives a bad vibration unlike Butterfly blades, when you smash hard there is almost no vibration.  I would like to try the new Ebony Carbon though.

Edited by Humble Bear - 11/29/2018 at 1:53am
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 3:00am
Which viscaria did you use? The older silver ones or the new holo one? Because the new one is thicker and harder
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 4:28am
I think Humble Bear doesnt know what he wants.
Blade: Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: Victas V > 15 Extra
BH: Victas V > 15 Extra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Pr1nc Pr1nc wrote:

I know I don't NEED any more blades, but I WANT to buy more...Tongue

Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 5:11am

That mean you have ej syndrom.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 8:05am

I really like the feel of the Timo Boll ALC & the Viscaria but they seem a little too slow for me.  Why does Butterfly make so many ALC with the same thickness of 5.7-5.8mm but with different names (Spirit, TB, Viscaria, ZJK & etc).  I wish they come out with a 6.0-6.1mm version in the future.  Would you buy one?

I think the answer to your question is iolite neo
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 9:04am
I wouldn't want a thicker viscaria but I'd definitely enjoy a broad head viscaria, 158x153

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 9:52am

Not yet, but I heard H301 is slower than Viscaria and the grip is small so I don't bother...

Nope.

Just put faster rubbers on a BTY ALC so you can use those "violent" strokes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 9:52am

Then buy more!
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 10:28am

Nope.

Just put faster rubbers on a BTY ALC so you can use those "violent" strokes!

If one has violent stokes, wouldn't that mean that he doesn't need a faster blade, but could even use a slower blade, as he'd get more control but still has a lot of power since he has violent strokes? On the other hand if one wants something faster than carbon blades that professionals use, wouldn't that implie that the strokes are not violent at all since they have to rely on faster equipment. Just a thought of mine^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 12:42pm
Yes, I think I've contracted the EJ syndrome.Embarrassed   There is nothing wrong with my excellent equipment.Smile

Is H301 head heavy?  How is the handle size compare to the Viscaria?  I saw that T11 had it on sale 2 weeks ago and was tempted to buy it, but then I thought to myself, maybe the Innerforce Layer is better; maybe I find a used one to test?  Is Innerforce Layer head heavy?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 5:22pm
If you try innerforce layer alc please give a review.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 6:28pm
dhs pg9 is faster than viscaria and suitable for fast, direct attacks, while still allowing controlled loops.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2018 at 7:02pm
Sure, I am interested in trying out the Freitas ALC too if I can find a good deal on a used one.
Pr1nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pr1nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2018 at 7:55am
Freitas ALC is like your Jun Mizutani ZLC without ZLC but with ALC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humble Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2018 at 1:54pm

Freitas ALC is like your Jun Mizutani ZLC without ZLC but with ALC.

Yes, and thicker 6mm vs 5.7mm.  ALC slower but Freitas is thicker so it's a wash?  I never owned any ALC blade and would like to add one to my collection.  I think I will like the Freitas more than the Viscaria due to the limba vs Coto veneer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2018 at 12:39am
When do we get to get some footage of these violent shots?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic